Smoked Whole Chickens

• 2 weeks later...

Shoot, I wish I would have look at this sooner. I smoke alot of whole chickens. Infact, I have three for next weekand.

1. is one of the most popullar ways to do it. Its called Beer can Chicken. Take a 12oz can of any beer and stand the chick right over the beer. You want the chicken ass, sitting over the beer. It will take about 5-6 hours to smoke. This will also make it tender as hell.

I also use a teriyaki sesame seed ginger marinate,.( can get the lawrys brand at the store) NOTE make sure you get it inside, as most dont eat the skin. For the rub, any basic chicken rub from the store will do. I preffer famous Daves. I will also add some lawerys salt and Creole.

Just a few ideas thrown out there, sorry Im a tad late.

• 1 year later...

Hey!!!Brad – it depends on your cooker and the temp you’re cooking at. Most of the chickens

I smoke are about 5lbs and take about 5-6 hours on my smoker…so your estimate is probably right

on. But If I do it on my Weber, indirect, the heat is closer to the meat so it only takes 2 – 3 hours....

Edited by Mart1400

• 5 years later...