Counter-Strike: GO Gets Mouse, Move and Keyboard Support

via http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/08/26/counter-strike-go-gets-mouse-move-and-keyboard-support/

Earlier this month, Valve announced they would release an updated version of Counter-Strike, one of the most legendary and influential video games of all time, on the PS3. Counter-Strike: Global Offensive will feature new maps, new game modes, and leaderboards. In addition to these features, the PlayStation version of Counter-Strike: GO will be an old-school gaming staple.

Kotaku reports that the PlayStation 3 version of Valve’s Counter-Strike: GO will receive Move support and mouse and keyboard support. It was also previously mentioned that the PS3 version would support cross-platform play with the PC and Mac versions. The Xbox 360 version will not receive mouse and keyboard support. Gabe Newell explained why this feature would be supported on the PS3 only,

The main thing is having Microsoft get comfortable with it and let us do it. The PS3, obviously we made a lot more progress with that…so we’d really like to be able to do that for Xbox customers as well.

Since PS3 gamers will be competing against seasoned PC gamers, mouse and keyboard support is sure to come in handy. The Move support is also a great addition for those who liked using the Move for Socom 4. Keep an eye out for a beta hitting PSN sometime later this year.

Sounds fun, but I've always been against cross over from console to PC because the PC gamers have a HUGE advantage with the mouse and keyboard. Yes the PS3 is getting that support, but it's not going to have the same customizations as the computer and the console players will just be cannon fodder. I don't want to even think about using the Move, those people will be eaten alive.

Sounds fun, but I've always been against cross over from console to PC because the PC gamers have a HUGE advantage with the mouse and keyboard. Yes the PS3 is getting that support, but it's not going to have the same customizations as the computer and the console players will just be cannon fodder. I don't want to even think about using the Move, those people will be eaten alive.

I disagree, people make the argument about mouse/keyboard, but I think the ability to move is just as valuable. Moving around quickly is easier on controller.