Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset Review

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wi Fi and Bluetooth have coexisted for years and any device that causes interference with EITHER system should be reported/returned to the manufacture as required. I doubt that this 2.4ghz wireless will have any negative effects on Wi Fi as this transmission freq is shared with many other wireless systems. While the warning label posted on the product may sound bad, I'm sure that these warning labels are common to all wireless products that meet the Bluetooth special interest group standards.

If you returned everything that could cause interference you wouldn't have anything wireless in your house. Hell you probably wouldn't even have a microwave, unless of course I misread your post. If that's the case then =P

If these are in the 2.5gHz range, then you could always bump your router to 5.0gHz. Only thing with that is that you're phone may not be able to connect when your at home and don't want to use your 3/4G.

Edited by Peebrain

5ghz wireless routers are 802.11a, which requires different network gear. In general you can't just change from 2.4ghz to 5ghz easily, and I've never seen a wireless router for a home that supports both. I also don't think ps3 supports 802.11a either.

Bottom line is these aren't bluetooth, but they will work fine for most people. You can always return them if they don't.

I do have a wireless router, however the PS3 that I have used these on is wired. I do however have numerous wireless devices being used while I play. This computer for example, my wife's computer as well as ipads. I do however have a couple other ps3's in the house that use wireless, but have yet to try it on them. Will do so later if I remember.

As far as the headset itself is concerned, I like it. Now this is the first full over the ears headset that I have owned so I can not compare it to others. I will say this though. I really like the sound quality as well as comfort. After a while I forget I have them on.

According to this video, this headset can also be used as a wired headset.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/2126/

So I guess if you are having issues with your wireless router, and you can't hard wire your PS3, you can alsways just buy a USB extension cable.

5ghz wireless routers are 802.11a, which requires different network gear. In general you can't just change from 2.4ghz to 5ghz easily, and I've never seen a wireless router for a home that supports both. I also don't think ps3 supports 802.11a either.

Bottom line is these aren't bluetooth, but they will work fine for most people. You can always return them if they don't.

I'm pretty sure 802.11n can be both 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz and that's super common for homes if you're a gamer.

I'm pretty sure 802.11n can be both 2.4ghz and 5.0ghz and that's super common for homes if you're a gamer.

I stand corrected... I didn't realize that 802.11n added the 5ghz range into the spec- thats a nice upgrade from 802.11g. Sadly I don't think any of my laptops do N, and I don't think ps3 does either.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, it says right in the manual that they will work on most PC's, but not guaranteed to work on all. It just doesn't have surround sound support unless it's on PS3. Also, for anyone wondering, you can only use one headset per PS3.

Sorry Irish, you and the woman won't be able to snuggle up and watch "The sisterhood of the traveling pants" together with dual headsets.

Edited by Playerdown

Yea, it says right in the manual that they will work on most PC's, but not guaranteed to work on all. It just doesn't have surround sound support unless it's on PS3. Also, for anyone wondering, you can only use one headset per PS3.

Sorry Irish, you and the woman won't be able to snuggle up and watch "The sisterhood of the traveling pants" together with dual headsets.

Wait, what?!!! DAMN IT!!!!

We were also looking forward to watching the entire series of Sex and City in one sitting. Aaaaand, we have several episodes of The View on a DVD we were gonna watch. Now what are my snookums-poopoo and I gonna do????

Is it just me? When I pull the microphone out, it doesn't lock into place. It kinda just hangs there. Still works, but just kinda bugs me.

I think there is one more pull at the end that locks it out completely. Give it a gentle tug to make sure. I'm sure your good at that. lol

And BTW, I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this headset. I was using it the other night with BF3 and it was incredible!