snowblower help

Crusty_Demons ]

Try the spark plug and air filter first take them out and clean them. Once you get it running again use Sta Bil in the gas it keeps gas fresh for a year. Gas tends to go bad after a few weeks and will leave sediment in carburetors and jets inside the carburetor.

ok thanks ill try tht in the mornin

what's the engine? a Briggs? snowblowers just like lawnmowers are typically single stroke engines.. there isn't a lot that go wrong. Like was mentioned its usually either the carb or the ignition. I'd change the plug since they are cheap. try shooting some "quick start fluid" in the carb to see if it even fires. If not than check the plug line or see if you are even getting a spark arc or not. IF all that fails then check the compression, not likely you cracked the head or blew a gasket but if you aren't getting good compression then that will let you know if you did. At least repairing a single stroke engine is usually cheaper than a damn tire on a snowblower.. you could rebuild the engine for less money. I had a sears blower that needed a new tire and sears wanted $200 for a fricking tire! you could replace the head gasket, change the plug and rebuild the carb on a briggs for way less than that.

p.s. here's an article that may help..

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_could_be_wrong_if_your_snowblower_will_not_start

ReBels-InSanIty ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

There was a squirrel stuck in my blower. :-[ I pulled it out and it worked fine.

lmfao i almost fell out of my chair when i read that. that shit had to suck unclogging it all and now i gotta ask how the hell did a squirrel get in your snowblower?

thats what i wanna know