Spec Ops: The Line Beta

Hopefully you have a Gold Account on Xbox Live?

And, it should be noted, signing up does not guarantee you a spot in the multiplayer beta, whenever that rolls out. It’s very much a closed beta, which means you’ll need both a Gold account on Xbox Live and to sign an a non-disclosure agreement that vows you won’t take screengrabs or video from the demo.

Here is what i can tell you so far..

It is in fact similar to Socom, but it also has a few features that differ. The camera is the "over the shoulder" view which at first sucked... after a min or two it seemed to work fine. There is a cover system and a "last stand"-esk system as well. The cover system is pretty good and fluid. Clicking 1 button to attach, and a second button to detach. When you detach you almost run toward where your pointed .. which can be good or bad. The last stand seems to be when you get killed by a leg shot or a body shot, all explosives and headshots seem to not be revivable. There is a rank system and it might just be the beta but so far you have to build your rank from both factions. I haven't caught the faction names yet other then Red and Blue. Teammates are clearly labeled w/ the appropriate colors and when close to friendlies you can see full body outlines through walls showing their position and which way they are looking. So you can see your teammates even if there is objects between you and your teammate.There is at least 2 maps that i have seen so far and a few bugs i have also found:

Character yells "Throwing grenade" 2 times for every 1 grenade toss

Chopper that flys in to drop off supplies creates a pretty noticeable frame rate drop

Kill cams seem to be a bit off in timing. You see the guy who killed you but it gives you that 7 or so seconds of replay which always falls just short of seeing your death.

Character breathes way to hard and to much. He gets into these patterns of breathing hard and it wont stop even if you die .. doesnt last entire game though either.

Thats my quick preview..

WoRd

Edited by inadub

Guest Attitude
inadub;813855']word thanks for the info.. i signed up. I will provide any insight once i get the beta.. assuming i do. good looking Irish!

inadub, Irish is a married man. Don't waste your time getting your flirt on with him. lol

And, it should be noted, signing up does not guarantee you a spot in the multiplayer beta, whenever that rolls out. It’s very much a closed beta, which means you’ll need both a Gold account on Xbox Live and to sign an a non-disclosure agreement that vows you won’t take screengrabs or video from the demo.
Hopefully you have a Gold Account on Xbox Live?

Yea or you cant play online. :thumb:

More important is the agreement.

I got my code last week but haven't used it yet, i'll give it a try tonight.

• 1 month later...
IRISH BULL;816927']I didn't think it was released yet. They just released a beta on the 360.

No they released the beta on 360 months ago, but they just released a new version of the beta to re-download.!!

Apprently the new version has some fixes. I didn't play enough to notice though.

You just delete the demo off your hard drive, then go into your download history, & hit "download again"

The old version is 700mb, & the new one is 1000mb (or something like that)

Edited by Chili327

• 10 months later...

If you notice all of this info is almost a year old.. this beta IMO was lacking many things.. i too had hope for this game, but since its been a year and still no game.. i have no opinion ... i hope its improved cuz it had some serious issues in the end.. but was a decently fun 3rd person shooter.

If you notice all of this info is almost a year old.. this beta IMO was lacking many things.. i too had hope for this game, but since its been a year and still no game.. i have no opinion ... i hope its improved cuz it had some serious issues in the end.. but was a decently fun 3rd person shooter.

Yeah I noticed that but I was hoping someone would give some feed back on this game. Thank you for the info and I guess we are going to have to wait till zipper decides to give us a good game lol

Thank You

Joker

Public Relations Commander

Circle IX Council Member

http://www.CircleIX.com