Socom Beta coming to EU Playstation Plus in March

• Directors

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/02/02/new-playstation-plus-content-for-february-march-2011/

And here is some of what you can expect to see from the 2nd March – 6th April

PSN:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Astro Tripper

minis:

PixRev

Enigmo mini

*both brand new minis and 2 weeks exclusive for Plus*

Exclusive Discounts:

Fat Princess PS3 – 50% off

Fat Princess PSP – 50% off

Stardrone PS3 – Day 1 discount (date TBC)

PlayTV Live Chat – 25% off – valid until 6th July 2011

Beta Trial:

SOCOM Special Forces Beta – We will confirm all the details of this exciting Beta ASAP but keep an eye out for it in March!!

Dynamic themes:

2x exclusive dynamic themes (TBC)

Premium Avatars:

Eye Pet Avatars

Super! That means i dont gotta buy KZ3!!

That's for the EU PS Plus subscribers. Is there any confirmation for the US PS Plus members?

My question is with the release of the game slated for April 19th, im sure the game is already in production by March. What do they really plan on fixing in time to get the game released on time if there are any issues.

I would imagine there will be a patch right when you load the game up.

That's for the EU PS Plus subscribers. Is there any confirmation for the US PS Plus members?

You would hope the US PS+ Subscribers would get it too. Im already getting in for buying KZ3, so I can give one to my friends who aren't getting it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My question is with the release of the game slated for April 19th, im sure the game is already in production by March. What do they really plan on fixing in time to get the game released on time if there are any issues.

Like Irish Bull said, they will probably release the game with a patch on the day of purchase. But in that small time frame they won't be able to fix any major issues.

Like Irish Bull said, they will probably release the game with a patch on the day of purchase. But in that small time frame they won't be able to fix any major issues.

You bring up a good point. Just outta curiosity, what would be a major issue they couldn't fix with a pre-patch?

I mean, what would be considered a major issue?

Edited by IRISH BULL

You bring up a good point. Just outta curiosity, what would be a major issue they couldn't fix with a pre-patch?

Good question. For me personally, any type of server issue is considered a major problem. The beta and hard copy will run on different servers but they have to basically be set up the same. Look at Confrontation. It's Beta was basically shipped to us as the game and it took awhile for Slant 6 to work the server issues out. But I can't recall if Confrontation had a pre-patch or not but I am assuming it did since most games do now days. Also, we're talking about two totally different companies with Zipper and Slant 6. I remember the MAG beta running fairly well but I didn't buy the game so I am not sure how everything went at launch.

So my answer, Server Issues. I want to be able to play this game at launch.

Good question. For me personally, any type of server issue is considered a major problem. The beta and hard copy will run on different servers but they have to basically be set up the same. Look at Confrontation. It's Beta was basically shipped to us as the game and it took awhile for Slant 6 to work the server issues out. But I can't recall if Confrontation had a pre-patch or not but I am assuming it did since most games do now days. Also, we're talking about two totally different companies with Zipper and Slant 6. I remember the MAG beta running fairly well but I didn't buy the game so I am not sure how everything went at launch.

So my answer, Server Issues. I want to be able to play this game at launch.

Confrontation had a pre-patch. If memory serves me correctly, it was like a 2-3 hour patch. I forget the size, but I cannot wait to delete it!

And speaking of MAG, it runs smooth as hell. I personally have not seen any lag or issues. But I don't know about launch, since I've only had the game about 2 months.