So give us your feedback on #PS4

• Directors

We can finally talk about it... so long we have remained silent though we did get surprised too on some of the games. What do you think, we do know it is coming out this Holiday Season and We will get to play with it at E3.

Tell us what you think, and as soon as we can the Official PS Video will be added to this post for anyone that missed the 2 + hour press conference

Edited by Shane

• Directors

Wanted to give you some pricing info from Tretton:

"On pricing, Tretton said that the PS4 is "designed with the game developer in mind and the consumer in mind," and will offer games with prices ranging from $0.99 to the more traditional $60 range with the ability for players to sample games before they buy." - Tretton

source: http://www.cnbc.com/id/100480852

• Directors

I just hope they don't pull the same thing they did with backwards compatible as the PS3. I really want to see the 4 machine play my 3 games for as long as I have the system.

Also, I hope I wouldn't have to untie one of my 3's from PSN Plus, making it just one hell of an expensive netflix device.

I just hope they don't pull the same thing they did with backwards compatible as the PS3. I really want to see the 4 machine play my 3 games for as long as I have the system.

Also, I hope I wouldn't have to untie one of my 3's from PSN Plus, making it just one hell of an expensive netflix device.

PS4 is NOT backwards compatible. So I have heard.

At some point they hope to have it backwards compatible using the cloud. All ps games, one, two and three should be there. They haven't said much about it other than that.

• Directors

That is correct, due to basically a completely new OS, PS3 and previous discs will not play on PS4. They are working on an emulator option via the cloud

• Directors
Such BS. It can't be that hard to make it backwards compatible. Greedy bastards.

In this case it is because of a major change in architecture... they are working on a solution but currently it is not available... we are still around 8 months from release so don't get all crazy yet.

I know everyone thinks it should be simple but it is not... just sit back and wait to see what happens.

• Like 1

• Directors

Some reports also say you cant play used games... there is plenty of speculation but you will learn a lot more as we get closer to E3

• Directors

If you have to re-buy games from the cloud, there is no fair way to do that to customers unless its just an upgrade fee of $5-10. Anything else is not the right way to treat the long term playstation customer.

• Directors

Also, blocking used games will for sure cause a legal fight from amazon, gamestop, gamyfly, etc.

• Directors

There is still plenty of life in the PS3, I am pretty sure they will figure out how they are going to handle PS3 games on PS4 down the road so don't get too worried