H-Hour (SOCOM) Kickstarter.com

I noticed the homepage to the website has information regarding the H-Hour projects attempt at funding over at kickstarter.com but I'm suprised it's not getting more support from the community. As I write this, the project has only made $26k with 351 donaters. What the hell? This community alone should have 300+ donaters for the game - people have been begging for years to have a SOCOM that mirrors the original two releases and now we finally have a team of developers headed by the man who headed the original Socom and it looks like the project may fall short?

Show it some love people!!

Click this to go to Kickstarter H-Hour Page

• Like 1

• Directors

That is my fault you do not see much yet. The E3 schedule has been crazy busy. I will have a full write up coming upon my return. I am however in full contact with the SOFs camp from the show floor.

sent via my phone over some kind of Willy wonka wave links using the new tapatalk 4.0 app

• Like 1

• Directors

Yes this is not a PC only title... they are building the PC version to use for pitching publishers and such... this image is a perfect explanation of the process:

update-5-process.jpg

• Like 1

This was the reply I received from Mr. Sears after asking a few questions and of course from what I understand with kickstarter if this does not happen your donation does not go through so why not right. I played Socom 1 from release then 2, 3, etc up to the failure of S4. A lot of us want something like this to happen badly as we've grown weary of the respawn CoD/MWF games. Fun.. just gets old after awhile. I put up a much higher than average donation so I hope it helps them. Having been a part of UF from it's very beginnings (have no clue what happened to my old account here) I would love to see H Hour thrive on here with all the members as well.

They also just posted this on their twitter page today:

his msg below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, Lance,

Thanks for your support! It means a lot!

What people don't seem to understand is that the PC game is just part of the package that gets us to the PS4 version. All the content and code has to run on the PC version first and this is a more and more common approach in the industry. If we get the demo funded, I have no doubt whatsoever that "PS4 version" will appear on our schedule within six months. There's just too many people interested. But if we can't get the demo made, no PC version, no PS4 version. So please tell your friends that for just $10 they can do something very real towards making a PS4 version happen.

Thanks again and I'm really glad to hear that you enjoyed SOCOM. Those games were totally a labor of love for me.

Regards,

David

Edited by Vicious

• Directors

PS4 Confirmed for HHour http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1687497632/h-hour-worlds-elite-0/posts/509023

We have some news coming on HHour this week once I get settled off my trip to E3

David Sears is currently taking questions on HHour @

"The reddit IAmA is officially open! I will start answering questions at 12pm through to about 6pm EST." Any help to get the word out to others or posting elsewhere would be appreciated. If anyone has neogaf account could you please update this thread with the link above. Sorry I can't lol.. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=580761 Edited by Vicious

• Directors

Yah guys we have a big announcement coming for this weekend so stay tuned... they have added a new PlayStation Warrior $50 pledge level to solidify the PS4 development.

Get your asses over there and pledge already!!!!!!!!

• Directors

Not sure what you mean about being dicked over. But if they don't reach their 200k goal, no money changes hands. We are working very closely with SOF, and we know this isn't some sort of scam. Participate in the Q and A Saturday then make an informed choice.

Edited by John