I don't know how many of you plan to get BF4 but I was wondering what everyones thoughts are on the recon changes and addition.

I for one don't know exactly know I feel about the zero outing of the scope. I think it takes away a bit from the challenge of sniping on battlefield. The range finder is a welcome addition in my eyes just so you know your distance. In both cases I hope they're the last unlock for the scopes.

I would rather the recon class get claymore instead of c4 but it is what it is.

The RF acts like a primitive form of auto aim. It helps to make sniping easier for the unexperianced. Learning how to use the scope's elavation notches to fine tune long range shots is too difficult for some players to understand or enjoy. In older games (and COD) the crosshair always points to where the bullet will land and lag is the only factor that can effect your hits. In BF3 elevation and distance must be taken in to consideration.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Having used the sniper rifles in both Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4, it is definitely easier for new snipers to use the sniper class on BF4. I don't mind the zero out feature, but what is sad is that you almost must have the goggles that everyone is using to spot your enemies and then fire away. Sadly because of these goggles, everyone is sniping way more often then used to. It makes some matches very boring as objective based maps are K/D heaven for players that don't care about winning the map and just want some easy kills as they sit off on the side of the maps sniping down at the players working to get the points and objectives. Almost makes it to where you have to pull out your sniper rifle just to have a chance at living. Would like to see that feature gone in the future. Otherwise the other changes to sniper class have been ok.