PSBlog Feed: Aqua Kitty — Milk Mine Defender DX Coming to PS4, Vita

Aqua Kitty -- Milk Mine Defender DX

Hi there! My name is Dugan — founder of Tikipod Ltd, a super small video game developer based in the UK. I’m very excited to introduce our crazy, action-packed, cat-based, underwater shoot ‘em up, Aqua Kitty — Milk Mine Defender DX (Aqua Kitty DX for short)!

Originally an award-winning PSM launch title, we have been working super hard to overhaul and enhance the game for a brand new launch on PS4 and PS Vita at the end of November.

Never heard of Aqua Kitty before? Well, let me explain the unusual story a little.

Due to a sudden shortage of milk, cats around the world are forced to seek out new sources to get their fix. You and your team of milk mining kittens have overcome a fear of water to drill down under the ocean seabed and begin extracting vast reserves of what seems to be naturally forming, full-fat milk. You have to blast your way through hordes of mechanical sea monsters in your powerful kitty submarine and defend the deep sea milk mining kittens!

The core to your survival is managing the submarines secondary turbo-fire. It has limited energy but recharges itself between uses and gets upgraded as you progress through the game.

There are various pickups to collect to help you out, dropped by special speedy gold and silver fish which you must chase down. The type of pickup dropped depends on the sea depth they are at, so keep an eye on the color of the indicator eye of those particular fish when shot.

Aqua Kitty -- Milk Mine Defender DXAqua Kitty -- Milk Mine Defender DX

We have added a ton of “mew” additions to the game, and I will list just a few key ones here:

• Extra directional fire options are really helpful, as they allow you to shoot down any aerial robo jellyfish attempting to abduct mining kittens.
  • Large mechanical Bosses guard the end of each area, and must be dispatched of course to progress onward.
  • Perhaps you feel the normal game mode is too hard for you? No problem, there is now an optional easy mode campaign.
  • Arcade mode adds a fantastic, all-new twist to the core gameplay. Imagine it like a blend of arcade classics Gradius and Defender. You collect special gems which can be used to purchase your power-up upgrades.

Developing on PlayStation has been a great experience, and we have added all sorts of visual upgrades like glows, extra particles, distortion effects, and large multi-layered parallax skies.

The PS4 version renders at full HD 1080p and has optional two-player local cooperative support.

Aqua Kitty DX is coming to PlayStation Store at the end of November with cross buy, giving you both versions for 1 price! If you have any questions, please ask in the comments section below.

THE MILK MUST FLOW!

UZ0ThyRyBIo

View the full article