What is going on with HHour?

• Directors

What is going on with HHour? Wasn't it suppose to be out on Steam by now?!

The beta starts next week I think and then early access starts in a few weeks...

• Like 1

• Directors

Ohh and here is a video they released today... this is the first footage they have shown of gameplay since David Sears left almost a year ago.

• Directors

Until we get to play it we will not know, it does not show lobbies which is probably one of the most important parts... I replied on Facebook to a friend with:

it is def looking better than what I have seen but I notice they kept them secluded to one area... I want to see a full match lobby to lobby and where was a grenade? Where is the arch, etc

From what I know, HHour devs fortunately don't have their heads so far up their asses that they actually understand the PC market, unlike *all* console devs. By understanding the PC market its guaranteed you will get at least server browsers. Console players have forgotten what its like to have devs that actually care about their user base.

I recall seeing a HHour video with grenade arc indicators?

• Directors

From what I know, HHour devs fortunately don't have their heads so far up their asses that they actually understand the PC market, unlike *all* console devs. By understanding the PC market its guaranteed you will get at least server browsers. Console players have forgotten what its like to have devs that actually care about their user base.

I recall seeing a HHour video with grenade arc indicators?

Clearly you have not been following the mess going on with that Studio...

And the video with the grenade arc was of the build that David Sears created before he left the studio... they started over after he left on UE4 and as you can see in that gameplay video that was recorded in the last week that they did not show it. Not sure if that was intentional or not but I have never met a Socom player that did not throw a single nade.

I broke this off into its own topic since it completely changed from Hush's original post.

I guess I wasn't clear. Several dev members are current active PC gamers. They understand the marketmarket expects. They also understand what Socom was. This gives me comfort in that they can deliver on this end.

My understanding of the PS4 release was more of a function of which publisher they ended up with, which was never announced AFAIK?

If you got stuff to share, would love to hear about it.

• Directors

Not sure who you think is on the Dev team but my understanding is:

Kevin - IOS App Dev

Russ - PlayStation Dev/Artist

And well that is about all I know of that is left Dev wise...

The PS4 version was guaranteed during the kickstarter if the PS4 tier maxed out which it did... So a release of PS4 should be expected even though they have changed their tune to EA has to be a success for it to come to PS4.

• Directors

Kevin is an active Steam user I believe. Also I have several of the upper community people added as well as heads of the testing crew added. They are always on Steam :tongue: more than me lately lol

Hmm not sure who the heads of testing you are talking about since its only those that donated in the Kickstarter that are in the Alpha... and I guess the community people you are talking about are what is left of the moderation team that stuck around.

What exactly happened with this project Shane? I have not paid too much attention. Why did Sears leave? Why did you leave? We're they using their own engine before and switched to UR4?

I kinda am a little interested in signing up for the beta

Hmm not sure who the heads of testing you are talking about since its only those that donated in the Kickstarter that are in the Alpha... and I guess the community people you are talking about are what is left of the moderation team that stuck around.

Rosie was in studio with Patrick, no? I know she is head of community there but she is also part of a clan that from everything I can tell is in fairly deep.

Edited by Pillorian

• Directors

What exactly happened with this project Shane? I have not paid too much attention. Why did Sears leave? Why did you leave? We're they using their own engine before and switched to UR4?

I kinda am a little interested in signing up for the beta

I can't really talk about much because of legal issues... But I did not leave by choice. And all staff and owners of UF with the exception of Patrick have been banned from SOFs site without explanation.

I am also not 100% sure why David left. It was kept quiet until the community started asking questions and then all hell broke loose and they shut down their forums and banned anyone that questions the studio.

Sent via the mobile interwebs probably from a drilling rig

• Directors

I know they did UE3 for the initial version, but UE4 released (and liked I called on SOF) they switched to 4. Understandably given how much better 4 is.

It was always the intent to move to UE4

• Directors

Rosie was in studio with Patrick, no? I know she is head of community there but she is also part of a clan that from everything I can tell is in fairly deep.

All Rosie does is webmaster and she hid that for as long as possible after she announced she was quitting as the lead moderator.

Patrick is not with the studio anymore, that is when he returned to UF as our third director.

• Directors

Interesting.

Again i'm kinda changing topic.. Is it just you and Patrick here?

All three directors and staff are still here. We are all waiting on rainbow six siege.

• Like 1