PSBlog Feed: Powers Season 2: Michael Madsen Joins Cast as SuperShock

Hello, PlayStation Fans! It’s Brian Michael Bendis, co-creator of the Powers comics and executive producer of the PlayStation Original Series, Powers. First off, thank you to everyone who enjoyed the first season of Powers; you all helped make it the most viewed show on PlayStation Network! As many of you have heard, we’re coming back for season two and all of us associated with the show couldn’t be more excited.

21632548789_cfe8b89352_b.jpg

21632548719_3929f8194a_n.jpg

I’ve been working hard all summer, alongside our incredible showrunner Remi Aubuchon, to make this season even better than the last. Expect more action, more powerful heroes, and more of the unique storytelling that made the Powers comics the Powers comics!

(Spoiler warning: major plot points of Season 1 discussed below!)

We’ve just started shooting in Atlanta this week and the energy on set has been amazing. Picking the story up where we left off last season, viewers will finally find out who killed Retro Girl and the far-reaching ramifications of her death. I don’t want to give away too much here, but the death of Powers’ most famous superhero rocks the world to its core.

21631552438_320eba6232_m.jpg

I’m also excited to announce a big piece of casting news. The incomparable Michael Madsen is joining the cast of Powers as SuperShock, one of the most powerful superheroes in the Powers universe!

After retiring 40 years ago under mysterious circumstances, SuperShock resurfaces to fill the void left behind by Retro Girl’s death. If you know Michael’s work on amazing films like Reservoir Dogs and Donnie Brasco, you know we’re incredibly lucky to have him joining our talented cast.

And that’s just one day. PlayStation Nation, get ready to be blown away this season! I will be updating you right here all production long!

0eOZi95rGys

View the full article