PSBlog Feed: Moon Hunters Launches on PS4 July 12, 2016

At long last, Moon Hunters is trekking to PS4, to be released in North America and Europe on July 12, 2016 through PlayStation Store.

27134121942_19ef882416_o.gif

I’m the design lead on the team of five-ish making this game. We call ourselves Kitfox, and we’ve been working for years on this little world. It started as a doodled idea in 2013, inspired by old surreal and occult-looking paintings from our artist. Almost a year later we were Kickstarting, and when that was a clear success, BAM! We could afford to bring the game to PS4.

It feels strange to think it’s been so long since we made that announcement – time passes really quickly when you’re working hard, I guess. It’s a little bit later than our original target of winter 2015, but we wanted to make it the best possible version of the game.

The game itself has changed a lot since the original concept, but the whole time, we’ve been driven by this fascination with “mythology,†and what it means for a person to become a legend. We knew we wanted to make a “party gameâ€-style RPG, about 45 minutes long each session. So rather than make each session epic in and of itself, we ended up focusing on the constellations and legends you create, which are saved across playthroughs.

27231187655_265c0123fb_o.gif

We only have a couple of months left until the PS4 launch, but there’s still lots of little details to tweak and fix, cooking to make more delicious, familiars to make more adorable, constellations to make more sparkly, etc. I’m sure it’ll be July 12th before I know it, but all we can do is buckle down and get it done.

Part of the joy of being an indie developer is getting to have personal contact with your fans – and we’ve had our hearts warmed by all of your fan letters and fan art. Keep sending them, through Twitter and Facebook! Thank you!

27197020336_16c2cd2aea_z.jpg

27197020006_c243d97a3e_n.jpg27231187705_5ca136a16a_n.jpg

rlhSITA78Ic

View the full article