Before they were closing a "few" stores in hopes of consolidating and restructuring.

Yesterday, Jan. 16th, Circuit City announced that they will be closing ALL stores in the US.

Right now, they have 10% off all games and movies (yes, that means PS3 and Xbox) and 30% off all accessories for gaming systems.

http://www.circuitcity.com

Go check it out if you need anything!

It was only a matter of time. I was in CC on Thursday, a lot of employees going around with clip boards checking the inventory on the shelves.

I was looking at TV's and none of the TV's played anything. The guy said "I dunno why the digital loop is not working"

I guess we know why.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Heard about this when it was first announced.

567 stores, 34,000 employees all gone. Sales began TODAY and will end when every item is gone.. or if they still have, all stores will officially close permanently March 31st.

Doesn't affect canada

That is a lot of people without a job :(

Thank you to the government of the second highest business tax on the planet, and about to move up a rank to #1.

DHL is out of business in the Unites States too. DHL services the rest of the world, but not us (United States). Does anyone but me find that strange? Or at least disturbing?

Why? I know why, but I'm not allowed to discuss such things here, it involves political happenings.

If you don't have a job that can't be outsourced, you better train for one. That's just good advice. I got that kind of job, I fix tractor trailers that break down in my area. If they broke down in China then I would be shit out of luck.....

RNG187 ]

not only are people going to lose their jobs, but now ANY jobs open in retail(the few of them..) will now be MUCH harder to get, keeping people out of jobs.

Also, all the people ou of work will look to other endeavours like contracting, and cash labour that will negatively effect the legitimate men and women in those fields because they do the jobs for cheaper, with no insurance, and little to no training. It effects everyone.

Yeah, I went by the one here yesterday and the place was packed, but I didn't see any real deals. I was looking at the Seagate Freeagent Go 320 gb external drive. Best Buy has them on sale for $110. Circuit City had them priced at $115 after their 10% off clearance price. That, coupled with the long lines, wasn't worth it.

HogWild ]

DHL is out of business in the Unites States too. DHL services the rest of the world, but not us (United States). Does anyone but me find that strange? Or at least disturbing?

It's because DHL is horrible. I deal with alot of shipping in my job and I can tell you for a fact they were the worst customer service company I have ever dealt with. Fedex and Ups killed them. They couldn't compete that is why they left the US. Oh that and they completely closed down a Milwaukee office before Christmas and didn't tell anyone why their packages weren't being shipped.

I worked for Circuit City for 9 1/2 years as a Sales Manager and Store Manager before getting in the golf business. They use to be the electronics king before Best Buy, and very aggresive to stay that way for a long time. So much as to open a store right across the street from Best Buys main office. You are right they tried to copy BB and it was their down fall. CC use to pride itself on having knowledgable sales people that they spent alot of money training and they were commisioned, compared to the hourly people that know nothing about the products they are selling now. They got rid of commisioned sales people and gave them an average hourly rate of what they made previously, new people where hired at like $8/hr. After about six months of that they let all the old employees go because they were making too much money, I had a friend that worked there still and he was making $21.50/hr because he did so well as a commisioned sales person. So obviously the knowledgable and good sales people had higher hourly rates and they let them go. This was the beginning of the end.

HogWild ]

Thank you to the government of the second highest business tax on the planet, and about to move up a rank to #1.

Why? I know why, but I'm not allowed to discuss such things here, it involves political happenings.

If you don't have a job that can't be outsourced, you better train for one. That's just good advice. I got that kind of job, I fix tractor trailers that break down in my area. If they broke down in China then I would be shit out of luck.....

I too work at a diesel repair shop. What part of the world you in Hog?

I'm getting mixed reports about the sales at CC. I was hearing that some of the items are only listed as 10% off, but are ringing up much cheaper. I was gonna head there today after work.

Can anyone confirm awesome deals. I want to get a USB flash drive and LBP. Also, will I be wasting my time now with the announcement two days ago?? I mean, are the stores picked through already.

Don't bother the deals they have there now don't even match up with internet or amazon prices yet. They have games that are only 10 bucks still at 39 bucks. All TVs and electronics are cheaper online still with 10 percent off. 25-30 percent maybe worth to get it because it will run out fast.