any have it ? i got it the day it came out. this game is by far the hardest rpg ive ever played. im so addicted to it im over 15 hours into it and no where near close to beating it. the grind of leveling up takes it toll sometimes on my stress level, but you can def. see the difference in your guy as he levels up and get better equipment. a def. buy not a rental, as this game will take MONTHS to beat. on a side note the graphics are AMAZING and the story is awsome.

xViCaRiouSx ]

managing resources is also a huge factor i just spent the last hour gathering souls just to level up 2x. lol im a demon soul level 33 now but im no where near as strong as i need to be to make it tru the levels without dying or using all of my health herbs.

im seriously looking into getting this to replace oblivion hows the weapon selection and armor selection and are there any diff races and as far as the online i heard there was like notes from other players and stuff can you confirm any of this for me?

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
xViCaRiouSx ]

managing resources is also a huge factor i just spent the last hour gathering souls just to level up 2x. lol im a demon soul level 33 now but im no where near as strong as i need to be to make it tru the levels without dying or using all of my health herbs.

im seriously looking into getting this to replace oblivion hows the weapon selection and armor selection and are there any diff races and as far as the online i heard there was like notes from other players and stuff can you confirm any of this for me?

I don't have the game, but I do know about online. When connected to PSN, you can leave notes for other players/read notes left by other players. They can essentially tell you how hard an upcoming part is, if there's treasures ahead, or they can just trick you and make you run straight into a trap.

There's also MMO elements where you can connect online and go into a boss fight with help. Instead of having to go up against a boss that may be too much for you alone, you guys can team up and defeat the boss together.

Then you can also go online into PvP. With this, you're pretty much put into another players world and your objective is to kill him. You have to go find him in the level and then go 1 on 1 with him, however since you're technically an enemy in his world, you can lure him to the actual enemies within the level and ambush him. It's all AI enemies + you vs him. If you are able to kill him, you can take all the souls he's collected for yourself.

In order to go online you need certain stones that I think you get from killing the 1st boss.

As far as classes, I believe there are 10 classes. Knight, Priest, Thief, Magician, Temple Knight, Soldier, Wanderer, Hunter, Barbarian, Royal. Technically, these aren't "classes". What they do is give you starting stats that lean towards that class. If you start off as X class, you will have stats that will make it easier for you to use that class, but you can upgrade your other stats, essentially changing what your class is.

(I've researched a lot about this game and have watched a friend play this for a long time)

I'm not so sure about weapons and armor, because my friend really didn't do much except use the long dragon sword.

And also, the highest level you can reach is 712.

multi player isnt the high point of the game at all , and the armor and weapons are all upgradeable and require shards of different stones to do so. i started with a knight, he was the most well rounded guy, right off the bat his armor and sheild are the best compared to the ones you can buy early in the game. plus upgrading them obviously makes them stronger. also u have to repair all your equipment or they break.

xViCaRiouSx ]

multi player isnt the high point of the game at all , and the armor and weapons are all upgradeable and require shards of different stones to do so. i started with a knight, he was the most well rounded guy, right off the bat his armor and sheild are the best compared to the ones you can buy early in the game. plus upgrading them obviously makes them stronger. also u have to repair all your equipment or they break.

very cool this is next on my list of must buys

xViCaRiouSx ]

mannnnn fuck this game its pissin me off right now

That made me laugh so hard! LOL. After reading what everone said and how good the game is, then reading that out of nowhere.

Anyway I like RPGs too and would like to get this. Sounds like a good game. I used to play FFX on the PS2 and loved it. Im pretty sure that there are other FF games that are better but that's the only one I got to play.

akaCRiM ]
xViCaRiouSx ]

mannnnn fuck this game its pissin me off right now

That made me laugh so hard! LOL. After reading what everone said and how good the game is, then reading that out of nowhere.

Anyway I like RPGs too and would like to get this. Sounds like a good game. I used to play FFX on the PS2 and loved it. Im pretty sure that there are other FF games that are better but that's the only one I got to play.

dude if you loved x be sure to pick up x-2 and you should DEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF pick up 7 it is truly the best game ever you can pick it up for your ps3 in the playstation stores i think its like 10 bucks but it is so so so so so so worth it like i really cant stress it enough ;D ;D ;D ;D

dude if you loved x be sure to pick up x-2 and you should DEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF pick up 7 it is truly the best game ever you can pick it up for your ps3 in the playstation stores i think its like 10 bucks but it is so so so so so so worth it like i really cant stress it enough ;D ;D ;D ;D

I will definitely get it then. Ive been wanting to get a game like FFX again

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Just be careful when picking up 7.. it may be a great game, but it's so old that it may not hold the same appeal after playing next gen for so long. It'll look like tetris compared to what we have now

yea but its like watchin a black and white movie after 15 min you forget its black and white

so wow, im enjoying it. something to do when im bored and nobodys on!. im a hunter and i love me my bow!. my question is this though, when i defeated phalanx, and got my body back, i went back to the nexus, and the blind lady there told me to go to the monumental or like the big statue guy and he would tell me what the nexus is or something like that. but when i went up the stairs i didnt see anything except the pantheon.... help?

COWonCRACK ]

so wow, im enjoying it. something to do when im bored and nobodys on!. im a hunter and i love me my bow!. my question is this though, when i defeated phalanx, and got my body back, i went back to the nexus, and the blind lady there told me to go to the monumental or like the big statue guy and he would tell me what the nexus is or something like that. but when i went up the stairs i didnt see anything except the pantheon.... help?

He's up there. Below the pantheon there's a floor with dead monumentals lined up against the wall. One of them is still alive. It's a little boy sitting down with a lit candle in front of him.

How many times did it take you to beat the 2nd boss? I might be closing in on 100.

The hard part is not fighting the boss although I have only tried 1 time. The hard part is making it through the stupid Dragon. Or I make it all the way to the last 3 archers only to be weak and get killed by the blue demon. I've never cussed so much. Or the worst is I probably make it to the castle 95% of the time the rest I'll die some way I never died before. I die a lot by the dragon. Or by the stupid dogs. I made it to the last bridge one time and that first ghoul the easiest one in the friggin game he kills me one time.

I've only made it to the boss once and that was my last attempt last night so maybe I have it figured out.

I'm right there with you Marauder. I can kill the archers, but as soon as I try to huff some weed the 2 blue guys skewer me. I'm going to change my plan and just gather up souls before I try running through the dragon gauntlet. Maybe if I can get some more skill points or armour I won't need the weed.

A halberd makes quick work of the dogs, but until you find the lever to open the gate, it's pointless to go that way. There's a just merchant and behind him a closed gate.

What gate where? Is there a way around the dogs? I usually Battle Axe the dogs. I have a Halberd that I have upgraded about 5 times but in those tunnels I can't get a full swing. The Axe I have upgraded about 3 times. I go through the dogs because I only have to go through the f*cking dragon (sorry there's no other word for the dragon) 2 times. But you go right up the steps and your right behind about 6 Archers. I usually get about 800 souls thanks to the f*cking dragon. So I run back down the steps after the I kill the archers and buy more revive stuff I have a ton of this stuff that's no the problem. I can't forget the 2 archers way up top because those f*ckers will shoot you while your running the last dragon run. If it wasn't already hard.

So if there is a short cut it would be nice. If your running that 2nd f*cking dragon run You Crazy!