My first Android phone

Tool -

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Renegade for the EVO. All my PTT friends have abandoned me for the newest smart phones on Verizon and Sprint. Does the PTT app (I've heard of a couple of them) work like the PTT for Sprint? I thought I read some where that it was more of a - record your message then send - type of app.

And am I correct in assuming that an app like that would allow you to PTT to any Android phone with the app regardless of carrier?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BIGDANIEL ]

Tool -

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Renegade for the EVO. All my PTT friends have abandoned me for the newest smart phones on Verizon and Sprint. Does the PTT app (I've heard of a couple of them) work like the PTT for Sprint? I thought I read some where that it was more of a - record your message then send - type of app.

And am I correct in assuming that an app like that would allow you to PTT to any Android phone with the app regardless of carrier?

No, its fucking WICKED!

Me, Dub, and one of his buddies are ALL in on the same chat PTT right now! When Dub talks, both me and his buddy Joey can hear him, and visa versa. Its literally a push and hold a button on the screen, and just talk. Its exactly the same concept as the physical button on the side. When someone is talking, it warns you that you are trying to talk over them etc...

The Evo battery life is getting knocked around pretty hard, so as far as what phone to get, IDK what to say...I WANT the EVO for all the bells and whistles, but I am afraid of the battery life so I stayed with the Moment.

X_-GHOST-_X ]

or you can just buy the motorola I1 and its nextel push to talk which is way better....

Sure, but why suffer with the total lack of ANYTHING ELSE? Or why suffer through the Nextel's lack of towers?

I'll stick to my free ptt on my mini-wonder toy...thanks anyhow. ;)

Yeah but Boost, from what I've heard around my area, is worse than what Nextel is when it comes to the amount of data you can view and download.

I had Nextel but switched to Sprint when the Renegade came out. Some of the same issues with the PTT but coverage was hands down better and the amount of data I could view and download was like night and day.

I've got a buddy who has the EVO and he says the battery is horrible but those bells and whistles make up for it. I'll let him know about the PTT and have him be my guinea pig.

Tool_Minion ]
Hannibal. ]

Just got home with mine. Yeah I bought one and if I don't like it you owe me 500!

500?!!!

WOW you must not have been eligible for the upgrade......mine was 179 and they even did the mail in rebate on the spot so I didnt have to pay em 279........lol.

I got mine for $30 CAD. HTC Magic+ Looks almost identical to the hero.

Rage75 ]

Looks like a spitting image of the HTC EVO . And tow, I cannot get used to that freakin shapewriter. Too many words that are like usernames and stuff and you have to manually type them in anyway.

Get used to it!

:)

What's awesome about the Shapewriter, though, is that you can add in any vocabulary as you see fit, to fit you personally. Very handy when trying to save on characters when trying to type a message within one text and not running over into two. The typical "gonna" replacing "going to" and such like that.

I've done the same with my usernames.

Like I said....it takes about a week or two of awkwardness...but really, Rage....it's um.....all..the..rage..? ;)