more SOCOM 1.6 and DLC info coming tomorrow

YAAAAAY!!! More friggin' screen shots, can't wait!!! ::) >:(

The question is, will they charge money for this:

More DLC coming! - We can also confirm that we have been working on a major content release/pack. Look for an announcement later in the month.

I personally think the pricks will.

IRISH BULL ]

YAAAAAY!!! More friggin' screen shots, can't wait!!! ::) >:(

The question is, will they charge money for this:

More DLC coming! - We can also confirm that we have been working on a major content release/pack. Look for an announcement later in the month.

I personally think the pricks will.

The 2 new Special Forces that come with 1.6 will be free, and I'm thinking there going to charge for the DLC that comes after it. >:(

a>

Today, we are very happy to announce the COLD FRONT downloadable pack for SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation. Loaded with new features and content, this pack brings a brand new snowy Eastern European area of operations into play with two all new maps and three classic SOCOM maps for 16 to 32 players. The classic maps are drawn from some of the most popular SOCOM maps of all time, each built from the ground up for the PS3!

Kit yourself out in snow gear and fight your way through blizzard conditions, joining a team of mercenaries or a squad from one of the world’s top Special Forces regiments including the Russian Spetsnaz.

Try your hand at Arms Run, a new game mode that features dynamicaly placed missile launchers that must be activated or destroyed, depending on which side you’re fighting for.

Employ the new thermal vision scope weapon attachment to track your enemies’ heat signatures – vital in the dark and useful in daylight for picking out white camouflaged adversaries. In addition, we have new primary weapons to make use of and new attachments.

All told, this pack will have:

* New Russian / Eastern European Area of Operation

* Snow setting complete with snow effects, new snow gear and camo for both the Special Forces and Mercenaries, and thermal vision

* New ARMS RACE gameplay mode

* 5 New Maps

o Uprising

o Entrapment

o Blizzard

o Night Stalker

o Vigilance

* All new mercenaries characters with new looks and new VO.

* New Special Forces squad, the Russian Spetsnaz

* Gun turret emplacements

* New music

* All new character specialization/progression system

o Allows players to pick a primary and secondary specialization and unlock new equipment exclusive to those specializations

* New weapons, including:

o 3 new weapons

o 6 enhanced versions of weapons available as part of the new weapons specialization system

o 2 new weapon attachments (including the thermal scope)

o 5 enhanced versions of weapon attachments also available as part of the new weapons specialization system.

o 2 new grenade launcher ammo types (flash and smoke)

* New Trophies

This pack will be available for download via the PlayStation Network (PSN) for $14.99. However, we’ll offer this pack to you for $9.99 if you purchase within the first 24 hours of launch. It’s just our way of saying thank you for your continued support of SOCOM Confrontation.

Stand by. More information on this COLD FRONT DLC will be coming your way very soon.

4014178195_f48eaeaa0e.jpg

4014939400_77fe05fe94.jpg

4014940574_1ea4831213.jpg

4014178139_d72702f11a.jpg

My favorite line.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Tool_Minion ]

They can kiss my fat ass.

Dude, they don't have that kind of time. They need all their time to put this shit out! :o:-*

They've already TAKEN that kinda time.

You keep putting quarters into pop machine and pressing the 'coke' button even when the fucking light has been on for a year......Ima put my money into a game that comes OUT complete.

It’s just our way of saying thank you for your continued support of SOCOM Confrontation.

Really?? After all of this and thats the best they could come up with to say THANK YOU? $5 off.

How about they deduct that $9.99 from the $60 we've already paid then go in and finish the parts of the game that are still unfinished and we'll call it even. After that I'll pay for DLC if I'm still playing the game and decide I want it.

Whats worse: A company that continues to produce piss poor product with even worse customer service or a consumer who continues to pay for the piss poor product with even worse customer service?

BIGDANIEL ]
It’s just our way of saying thank you for your continued support of SOCOM Confrontation.

Really?? After all of this and thats the best they could come up with to say THANK YOU? $5 off.

How about they deduct that $9.99 from the $60 we've already paid then go in and finish the parts of the game that are still unfinished and we'll call it even. After that I'll pay for DLC if I'm still playing the game and decide I want it.

Whats worse: A company that continues to produce piss poor product with even worse customer service or a consumer who continues to pay for the piss poor product with even worse customer service?

You paid $40 dollars for the game and $20 dollars for the headset if you bought the bundle.

This DLC has been done for a long time it's the patches and Sony that have been holding it up for so long.

Also from my perspective I have put $40 dollars into a game that I have played for the majority of a year. It has been one hell of a frustrating year but still i got a year out of a $40 dollar game. I will probably have gotten 2 years out of it before the next comes along. Let's compare that to some other titles that have been a lot more functional.

KZ2 - 1 Week for me didn't play again traded it in

COD 4 - 3 Months for me before I went back to combined assault. I have rarely played it since

Operation Flash Point 2 - 1 Week and will probably play it off and on for a while

Socom Confrontation 4-5 days a week for a year

This game is bad and has been extremely frustrating but I have gotten my moneys worth. I wish the DLC would have come out sooner.

Shijima posted some other news about the DLC on the EU Forums.

Arms Run, a new game mode that features randomly placed missile launchers that must be activated or destroyed, depending on which side you’re fighting for.

Also:

New ‘community requested’ features

* Medleys 100% random

* Tiebreaker rounds

Source:

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/16/incoming-cold-front-for-socom-confrontation/

Crusty_Demons ]
BIGDANIEL ]

You paid $40 dollars for the game and $20 dollars for the headset if you bought the bundle.

This DLC has been done for a long time it's the patches and Sony that have been holding it up for so long.

Even it was the other way around, $20 for the game and $40 for the headset, they owe me $10 for the game since they never delivered.

I'm completely with you Dan, they should have released this first one for free. Any after this one I would have no problem paying for it then.

Xanthe ]

We rant and we rave... but I'm willing to bet most of us posting in this thread will at one point buy the DLC. I'm guessing sooner, rather than later. ;)

Your right, but if it wasn't for Ravenfall, I sure as hell would not buy shit. Since the majority of my fellow clan brethren will, I will go with the flow so I can play with everyone.

IRISH BULL ]
Crusty_Demons ]
BIGDANIEL ]

Even it was the other way around, $20 for the game and $40 for the headset, they owe me $10 for the game since they never delivered.

I'm completely with you Dan, they should have released this first one for free. Any after this one I would have no problem paying for it then.

Xanthe ]

We rant and we rave... but I'm willing to bet most of us posting in this thread will at one point buy the DLC. I'm guessing sooner, rather than later. ;)

Your right, but if it wasn't for Ravenfall, I sure as hell would not buy shit. Since the majority of my fellow clan brethren will, I will go with the flow so I can play with everyone.

There is about a 99% chance that 1.6 and the Cold Front DLC pack will be it for Confrontation. The only way support for this will continue is if DLC sells a huge amount. Even then it's still not likely. So since it is not likely that there will be another DLC pack it would be hard to give this one away and charge for the next one. This game could not have been handled worse and the last year has been extremely frustrating but Socom is the primary reason I own my PS3. So $10 to extend the life of this disaster is not that big of a deal at this point.