WOW

Guest SLIPPY

It must really pay to be the Worlds Greatest Football Player...

Im going to go ahead and assume 95 if not 99% of you guys honestly dont give a shit but check this out...

and yes it is about FOOTBALL... aka soccer to you Yanks...

Barcelona (TOP football club in Spain) star Ronaldinho (most Talented player in the WORLD) has agreed personal terms with Chelsea (TOP Football club in London, that won the league in 04-05 n 05-06, pretty much they buy all their talent... kinda like the Yankees) over a mega £58 MILLION deal.

The Sun says Ronaldinho is looking to leave Barcelona and his agent has accepted a five-year deal worth £11.6m a year.

But Ron could still snub Roman Abramovich and choose to go elsewhere. If Chelsea agree a fee with Barcelona, the Brazil World-Cup winner could be unveiled at the end of the season.

Ronaldinho, 27, would be the highest-paid player ever on a massive £223,000 a week - £88k a week more than Blues skipper John Terry.

Chelsea will NOT have to pay Ronaldinho's £85m get-out clause after his row with Barca - but they would still have to cough up a world-record £70m.

Oh and by the way...

223,000 in English Pounds = 451,042.65 US Dollars........ A WEEK

for soccer ....lmfao....a-lot of money to run around and kick a ball

only soccer i like is girls soccer and that was in high school when they nuse to stretch in the next field over

i could turn around say Arod gets paid a lot of money to hit a ball with a stick and catch a ball in a glove...... its the same thing...

n yes Arod does get paid more than Ronnie... by about 2 million a year :-\... but i dont think i was comparing the pay of anyone...

o well... its hard being a "soccer" fan in the US... :D :D

Guest jwa798921

its hard to hit a ball with a stick when its coming at u at 90+ mph not to mention breaking different ways. Then come all the off speed stuff. You have to have skill to b able to hit a ball when its moving all around like than and its still goin pretty fast when it is the off speed pitches.

are you serious... and its not hard to do what "soccer" players do? we could go back n forth ALL DAY trying to prove which sport is harder or more difficult to play... because we could counter each others arguments easily.... if you dont like the sport, you dont have to bash it... damn...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/87520/ronaldinho_movie/

ENJOY!

I feel your pain slippy, I also follow european soccer, mainly Inter Milan. I heard somewhere else that Ron wasn't going anywhere.. where did you find this chelsea bit?

I have a respect for both sports, having played both. Both take extreme amounts of athleticism. I personally feel soccer is more physically demanding while baseball is mentally and skillfully... hitting a fast ball is damn hard, but running back and forth on a football field for ninety minutes straight having your legs taken out from under you is hard.

Until you go out on the field and play soccer with high level players, you can't appreciate what these guys do. I say this because most of us have experienced the hard aspects of baseball. It looks real easy on tv to run around with a ball but it's much harder than it looks.

Just as hitting a little ball out of a 30 yrd baseball park is hard too let alone pitching that ball or catching it or rounding the bases...

All professional sports require immense amounts of dedication and drive, and players on both fields deserve admiration and respect.

Guest Stealthknight

Im an Inter-Milan fan as well and after the ref scandal 2 years back Italy is still lookin to fill their ranks. Have Ronaldo not hurt his knee a while back he would still be up there with Ronaldihnio as well but Thierry Henry has been making alot of noise as well. His footwork isnt quite up to par but he has great speed and agility.

I agree its rough being a soccer fan here in the states but its worth it. I played for 13 years and love the game and anyone who says running CONSTANTLY for 90 minutes and handling a soccer ball w/ 1 playrs trying to take it away from you isnt athletisism is kidding themselves.

I know running backs who cant even do that and they get to use there hands lol. ANd yes Soccer players get tackled to they just dont get helmets to protect them from those elbows *Cough Italy vs USA world cup match Cough* Its brutal at times. Especially if your playin against Zidane lol. Dont make fun of his mom.

But yeah his salary is quite rediculous. Although Beckham is still makin 10 Mil a year after being to washed up to play in the european league anymore and moving to the MLS. Im just hoping he brings more european players with him to help change the pace of the american game.

Guest Stealthknight

Wow its rough trying at 1am and not having an edit button. Here is what my post was suppose to say:

Im an Inter-Milan fan as well and after the ref scandal 2 years back Italy is still lookin to fill their ranks. Have Ronaldo not hurt his knee a while back he would still be up there with Ronaldhinio as well but Thierry Henry has been making alot of noise as well. His footwork isnt quite up to par but he has great speed and agility.

I agree its rough being a soccer fan here in the states but its worth it. I played for 13 years and love the game and anyone who says running CONSTANTLY for 90 minutes and handling a soccer ball w/ 11 players trying to take it away from you isnt athletisism is kidding themselves.

I know running backs who cant even do that and they get to use there hands lol. ANd yes Soccer players get tackled to they just dont get helmets to protect them from those elbows *Cough Italy vs USA world cup match Cough* Its brutal at times. Especially if your playin against Zidane lol. Dont make fun of his mom.

But yeah his salary is quite rediculous. Although Beckham is still makin 10 Mil a year after being to washed up to play in the european league anymore and moving to the MLS. Im just hoping he brings more european players with him to help change the pace of the american game.

And yes Henry should have stayed @ Arsenal

Yeah, I am also an Inter fan. How bout that Roma domination yesterday :D

I think Henry should have stayed at Arsenal as well. I'm glad that MLS is gaining some following in the US, and that beckham has made a splash and hopefully will start a trend so that it becomes more popular, because it really is a wonderful sport to watch if you take the time to understand it.