EOH sig border help

I was wondering if anyone could help me with making a border template for my clans sig. I would make them myself but i have no clue how to do so on photoshop. I can give you a couple ideas of what i would like it to look like but sometimes less is more cause you guys obviously have a knack for creativity and basically just surprise me lol. So here are a couple ideas i had.

1) Have a spot to put the name, rank in clan (ex: leader or grunt), and IF POSSIBLE the website address.

2) Since we are the echoes of HELL, colors such as orange, black, and red might work out well

3) Maybe like a barbed wire / or something stringy with sharp barbs for a border

4) if you need a graphic to depict the echoes part, i found this render of a star wars guy, maybe he can be the face of EOH (sorry about the size of it, i tried editing the size with code but it wouldn't work) the link is http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1871/nihilus.png

nihilus.png

thanks alot guys, let me know if I'm asking for something way to hard, or if you have your own ideas by all means don't even listen to a thing i said just do what you think looks badass

@ tool, how do you make those borders? do you just look for brushes and do it like that or do you manually design it in illustrator

but ty i will mess around with that

That one was some flat tribal dragon's I found and the rest of it I made......PM me your email and I will send you the PSD file so you don't have to mess with removing the BG.

hey tool i still haven't gotten the e-mail, idk if you sent it yet, but i've been trying to look for brushes and patterns on site like deivantart and such and i can't find anything for making some of the borders i see on some of the clan sigs i see on these boards,

Thats because it isn't a brush set that they are made from.

MOST of them are marquee tool jobs. Others are objects that are rendered then the outline is used.....I think it was 101 that sported a sick one that was the front end of the new mustang or some other car.....

Your creativity will determine what you come up with. I suggest starting out by looking up some tuts ( I LOVE TUT CITY for this ) on how they go about coloring and what not and go from there.

As to the email, I will send it again.......it should have came from abstractman@live.com

When you create the image, file>New make sure you select transparent background. When you go to save it make sure to save it as a .png file. I would just create a new document with the transparent background, and move the layers over to the new canvass. Also might want to move it down a couple clicks and over to the right a couple of clicks that way the parts of the circle arent cut off.

moving this circle is going to be a pain in the ass, its 5 layers stacked

Well you can merge down the bottom four layers to make them one. Right click the layer and select 'merge down'.

The top layer has that embossing on it, so you won't be able to merge it down cause it will emboss each layer after it.

Then select the layer, and use your arrow keys to adjust it....two arrows down, three arrows right, etc. this will put them exactly where they go.