Socom Map Pack 1 and the PS3

Guest Stealthknight

Guest Stealthknight

Ok, I have had my PS3 for a few months and just now realized i cant use my Map pack. Its not recognizng the flash drive and says i havent purchased it yet but when i go to the socom store it says its purchased but i cant download it back onto my flashdrive or onto my hard-drive. Any suggestions?

Guest [iLL] Andawg

I had to donload on a new stick. But I also can't use my keyboard at the same time. The only thing I can have in the USB ports are the and mic. But that's just me, I'd like to hear others though to see if they have it easier?

Guest [OHM]_contract_

same here, I cannot play my map pack and cannot use a keyboard as well. Although the last patch was supposed to solve the keyboard problem, I haven't tried it yet since then.

Guest Stealthknight

Thats the Ps2 though, I still cant get it to work.

But for those of you who are desperate for Map Pack 2 here is how to play it:

Requirements:

PS2 (big preferably idk about small) -- (not yet confirmed, but ps3 might work too)

SOCOM 3

Flash Drive with the maps on it (Link below for map pack 2 maps):

http://www.mediafire.com/?dyqz21nznk0

(Note after you download the map packs you will have to un rar the maps. Use winrar to unrar them. Click http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm to download Winrar Click WinRAR 3.70) Put the maps where the HDD maps as in Aftershock... Are located.

HOW TO DO IT:

YOU NEED ALL THE PATCHES UP-TO-DATE

YOU NEED THE MAPS ALREADY

STEP 1:

1. Go to LAN on your SOCOM 3

2. Go to CREATE GAME

3. Room name has to be filled up with question marks (???????????)

4. Password: No

5. Room limit: 16

6. Spec: off

7. Now choose the maps. Make them all Map Pack 2 Maps.

8. Once your maps are done, save them by clicking save under play list.

9. Once thats done, log off of LAN and go online.

STEP 2:

1. Once online have a friend do you a favor.

2. Your friend must have SOCOM 3.

3. Your friend makes a room, the name doesn't matter, but make sure your friend made the room with the same settings (no pw, no spec, 16 people)

4. Make the map, Harv Small

5. once the room is up heres the complicated part.

STEP 3: The Glitch (We don't condone cheating glitches, but this type of glitch is an exception )

EVERY PLAYER THAT WANTS TO PLAY THE MAPS NEEDS TO DO THIS

1. Go to the briefing room that the room was made in.

2. See the room in the briefing.

3. once you see it go to create game.

4. Press LOAD

5. Then go change the room name into

6. Change it to: Go to EURO, look for the o with the / through it (its on the right side-ish)

7. Press and hold L1 and Fill up the room name with the capital form of that.

8. Once thats done, Press START GAME. You should get a failure pop-up. Press Ok

9. Now go back to briefing and click the room that your friend made to join it. Its not going to let you join.

10. As soon as you press X on the room to join it, constantly press Up on the D-pad until it lets you move again.

11. Once it lets you move go back to CREATE GAME.

12. Once there press LOAD then Start Game. After you press start game, Constantly press UP on the D-pad again till it lets you move.

13. Once it lets you move click LOAD then START GAME AGAIN. Once in you should see the map from the LAN that you did before for the map pack 2.

STEP 4: ALMOST DONE

1. Have every player that wants to play the maps do the same exact thing except Step 2.

2. HE/SHE Must have the same Maps that the first player that did the glitch.

3. Once every player is in. have everyone green up.

4. Once the timer begins to launch down from 10, have your original friend whom made the room turn his ps2 off from the back switch or to pull the wire for the energy for the slim.

5. once thats done, you, along with everyone else should see the map from map pack 2 to load. Then when it does, boom you're playing map pack 2.

Information:

To play different maps just go back to LAN and change the maps and follow the procedure again.

I think its entirely to much work to be able to play them, Ide rather just go on Socom 2 for a night but just incase a few of you are desperate enough there you go.

What I had to do was go out and buy a brand new flash drive. Then plug it into one of the two right side USB ports (When playing Socom on PS3 there are only two working USB ports..the two on the right). Then log onto Socom and go to the store. It will recognize that you already purchased the Map Pack and allow you to download it again for free. So now you download to your new PS3 flash drive and you are good to go.

Next issue that I stated above about the two USB ports. I have plugged an external USB Hub into one of the two working USB ports on the PS3 with Socom. I then have plugged a combination of Headset/Keyboard and Flashdrive into the hub and the regular ports and repeatedly get error messages about it being over loaded. Although other members of odc have not had the same problem...so you may want to try this. As for me I lost my patience with it and decided to return to my PS2 for Socom.

I also want to caution about making one of those "virtual" memory cards on the PS3 for PS2 games. I originally had a copy of CA and all of the single player achievements saved to one of those virtual memory cards. One day I logged on and all the saved data was GONE..the folder was there but it was empty.

ohhh hmmmm, and I believe your intention was honorable Shadow, but this errr well this was brought up a long time ago, back in July? I think?

isn't this the same unofficial raw file that was leaked and uploaded to the net.. quite a while ago, only now it's just on a different server? if so I think this was already addressed as to it not really being something we are acceptable to. It's not so much the matter of the half@ss'd way that the release of the promised Map pack 2 has been handled it's more to the lack of any official release and widespread availability.

Hold on I'll look for the thread...

ok.. here it is...

http://www.urgentfury.com/uf_forum/index.php?topic=2847.msg23506#msg23506

so yep it's out there in that capacity at any rate, but i think the consensus was agreed on by the UF community that we were not going to step to this level simply for the sake of Maps that were promised yet never delivered. Simply put we sort of came to the conclusion that until and if ever they officially release a pack, then the price of giving up even a speck of honor and use any unlicensed version was something we did not want to do.

So yea it may be got in this manner, but no I prefer to just continue to gripe and complain and not give into temptation by use of a hacked version. Don't worry though like I told X, I don't think anything dishonorable was intended by posting this info, but I still believe using this isn't something that should be considered by UF members.

Guest Stealthknight

Yeah NP, Wasnt around when this was bought up last, But rck thanks for the info Ill try that out next time i log on. Someone else told me it was the 2 ports on the left that i had to use but hopefully that works.

Wait.. so playing map pack 2 is dishonorable..!?

You guys have gone to far with your honor, & integrity ..lol

Loosen the tie, & enjoy the video games..

Thats like:

- Smoking weed out of a can or fruit.. Dishonorable

- Scraping the rhine of a watermelon to get the last bit of red.. Dishonorable

- Buying a used tire for your car.. Dishonorable

- Taking the ashtray from the hotel.. Dishonorable

- Playing Nickel slots for hours to try to get free beers all night.. Dishonorable

- A Dirty Sanchez.. Dishonorable

- Sneaking Alcohol into a Concert or Ballgame.. Dishonorable

- Calling in sick to work, when you aren't really sick.. Dishonorable

If they didn't want people to play it they should have not let it leak out & should stop people from playing it.

Just because Socom is a military game doesn't mean we are enlisted ..lol

If you want to "be all you can be" quit playing video games & go sign up..!!

Its just too far.. lol

Wait i got one more..

It's like putting in a code to get all the golf clubs & courses unlocked on Tiger Woods.. Dishonorable

(Yet they have a slot to enter the code.. lol)

Chili-Palmer ]

Wait.. so playing map pack 2 is dishonorable..!?

- Smoking weed out of a can or fruit.. Dishonorable IT IS... IN FACT THAT SHOULD BE THE ONLY MY RELATED CRIME YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO BE CHARGED WITH.. EVER

- Sneaking Alcohol into a Concert or Ballgame.. Dishonorable

ACTUALLY NOT PAYING 9 BUCKS FOR A BEER THAT IS WATERED DOWN IS MANDATORY AND VERY HONORABLE.

These adjustment come out of the "Man LAw" code of ethics.

Guest Stealthknight

Hey dont hate on getting used tires!

And whats the cod for tiger woods? j/k j/k No really pm it to me. j/k for anyone who is offended by me asking.

ps: here from u soon lol.

Back to the USB issues.. i have been using the same Flash drive for over a year now.. originally i had the maps on my ps2 HDD but when i got my slim i had to get the jump drive. now when i got my ps3 i had some troubles too.. but it was cuz the ps2 only had 2 USB ports.. and i assume that the games for ps2 would only recognize 2 ports.. so i moved my controller charging cable to the 3rd slot and used my mic and my flash drive in the first 2 spots. Since then i have had no probs.. although i dont use a KB anymore either.. my ps3 sits way up high and cords dont reach.. and yes im a cheap ass and dont want to buy more USB extensions.. anyways hope this helps