Am I missing something?

I see we have 2 teams which are currently still in UF4, sign up for UF Black III. Isn't Black for only those who are not in UF4. History has shown that those who are in the big tourney, can not play in Black, So unless I am missing something, we have 2 clans which are still in UF4 POW, who have signed up for Black.

Guest KingJunk

I am one of the clans who are signed up for Black and I thought everybody was good to go for the sign up. Some clans like mine need UF Black to show that we have cleaned up our act and can by the Rules and prove that we can be a positive impact on this community and thats what Black is for.

Som3_R3tard ]
-DiscipIe- ]

I recall someone making a thread stating that if you were still in UF4 you can still be in black. If i'm wrong i'm sorry but i do remember reading this. I'm trying to find the thread now.

i think that was for breakout

I think you are right because i've been looking forever now. I guess we will find out when tow comes back online here.

Urgent Fury: Black is the no-bomb, "evaluation" bracket tourney UF has designed in order to feel out clans hoping to get into the next official Urgent Fury tournament. In such it is the desire to field a number of new or prospective teams into Black as possible, however for the purposes of evaluation I believe Tow and Sniper also like to have a few teams that have already proven themselves to participate in order to generate good honest feedback about any of the teams that are new and thus allowing for the evaluation process. In the past, Black was run con-currently with the main UF tournament and any team that is currently active in UF’s main tournament was ineligible for Black, however with the record pace that UF-4 is concluding there are many teams that are no longer active in the main tournament and eligible to play in Black. However past or current involvement in UF-4 does not automatically entitle a clans acceptance into Black, likewise non invitation to Black does not suggest any thing in regards to acceptance or invitation to UF-5. With Black, there is a general lean towards the invitation of new or prospective clans over those that have already proven their commitment to honor in Socom. It’s purpose after all is to evaluate prospective teams. I would also note that Tow has stated that Urgent Fury 5 will launch soon after completion of UF-4. Submissions weather they are within the guidelines or not, are by no means a guarantee of invitation. With this in mind submit if you like, if you are still in UF-4 at the time of invitation then it is unlikely that you will receive an invitation to Black, if you are invited and accept to UF-5 then again Black should not be a concern for you are your clan.

Tow and or Sniper may elaborate further on this if needed or if I mis-stated their intention in regards to Black.

p.s. you could always just get more teams up for BREAKOUT!! Instead of doing Black. With Breakout the stipulation is that it is only those teams, members and clans that have had prior acceptance to Urgent Fury Tournament play, APC and Rougue 7 for example members are eligible the exception being that all admins are not eligible as well as any member of PBK since PBK is my clan and I am the admin of the small team tournament Breakout. As I've been informed all else are eligible as long as they meet the prior play requirement.

Again Tow and or Sniper can correct me if I got anything incorrect on this.

NO team currently in UF4 will be eligible for Black III.

APC is used by Sniper and I in an "evaluator" capacity and APC is the only clan that will be able to participate in both a tacmap tourney as well as a Black tourney, if we choose to put APC in there. Aside from outside comments from clans about an unknown clan, APC evaluation is the only evaluation I go by in Black III tourneys.

And yes......we're still looking for some sign-ups for BREAKOUT.

We amended the guidelines and war night parameters to help appease all of those who had problems signing up the first time. We had 25 clans sign up previously.....now we're fielding only about 8 after two weeks now.

We really don't know how much more of a sweeter clump of prizes we can offer than a couple hundred bucks for the winners of Breakout and a 32" Flat Panel HD for the winners of UF4.

We'll see if we need to put up a free yacht in order to fill out the application requirements for the free Black III tourney.