IMPORTANT PETITON

Infinity ward has decided to make the choice of getting rid of dedicated servers for MW2, that is BS, they just want to make more money and charge for people to play, this is of course for PC only and it does not affect us console gamers. But we are all gamers and i think we should help each other out, so sign the petition and spread it on your clans forum, your myspace, your facebook, your twitter, everything.

Remember if they do it on PC, it will only be a matter of time before they try it on consoles.

http://www.petitiononline.com/dedis4mw/

CDBS14 ]

Remember if they do it on PC' date=' it will only be a matter of time before they try it on consoles.

[/quote']

Xbox already does it...It is called LIVE.

And honestly I could care less. Whether or not I consider myself a gamer, if they want to play it on the PC then they pay for it. IF it is pay to play on the PS3 then I might consider it. OR I won't play their damn game. It is called Capitalism. Well at least it is called that for now.

LMAO you want to see fellow gamers?

Go to the Modernwarfare2.com forums. You will see how fellow gamers treat each other. They are like a bunch of 2 year olds.

Like I said if someone wants to buy a game on a PC then fine, it is at their own risk to pay for it. If they charge for it on PS3 then maybe I would try it. But it better be good, or I won't play it anymore.

That is the point. I can care less about PC gaming because I don't play on the PC, and I could give a rats ass about people who play on the PC.

Great if you do play on the PC, but it doesn't affect me and if it did then I would roll with it. There is no precedence on whether they will charge for you to play on the PS3. They have threatened and maybe one day they will, but until then I will enjoy my free service, maybe they should try it also.

We pay for Live and overall it is superior to the PSN. I'm down for paying for quality service. And if its not worth the money I would move on. If enough people don't pay to play then they will NOT charge for it on the PSN. They just won't sell as many games or have people buy the DLC. It won't make financial sence to charge for something when they have so many free options that are great games.

i understand that the majority of the fellow gamers are like you said 2 year old asses and i agree they can go f**** themselves but do wanna look after my fellow uf gamers which are the only ones im concerned about if they buy a game on the pretense that the online play is free they shouldnt have wasted $60 or so dollars for them to suddenly have to pay for i would be pissed if sudenly i had to pay to play socom online and that would be $60 out of my pocket i couldnt get back

The PSN doesn't have to worry about this anytime soon so it's hard for me to care about the PC people. i mean if you want to play something you pay for it nothings free. So xbox an pc gamers have to pay a little more with online fees but they both get more from it also xbox is getting the first two map packs an PC gamers get alot of bonuses also. So if you think its worth it you'll pay if you don't like it don't pay.

They haven't announced that they are gonna charge to play on the PC (so far), but the rumor is that's the reason for no dedicated servers. And the fact they probally lost over 10 million dollars with that map pack being free on the PC on the last MW. With it only being available via IW.net, they can get their $10 out of everyone...per map pack. You know there is gonna be several with this game.

The only problem is that the PC gamers will not buy this game without dedicated servers. So trying to charge to play online and charge for map packs is only gonna hurt them in the long run. Sure, they will have some PC gamers buy the game regardless, but I would think about 80% of those that said they won't buy it in its current state will stick to that. Especially clans. They aren't used to console type of clan play, and they don't want to learn either. lol

dedicated servers..............thats what PC gaming is all about, you can say most PC servers suck, so fins a server that has a good ping and close to your region.

This has nothing to do with live or PSN it has to do with the fact that IW will charge its players to play online. That means they can or might think of doing it in consoles, say an extra fee in live and to pay in PSN.

It has nothing to do with quality it has to do with money

CDBS14 ]

dedicated servers..............thats what PC gaming is all about' date=' you can say most PC servers suck, so fins a server that has a good ping and close to your region.

This has nothing to do with live or PSN it has to do with the fact that IW will charge its players to play online. That means they can or might think of doing it in consoles, say an extra fee in live and to pay in PSN.

It has nothing to do with quality it has to do with money

[/quote']

CD, that's just crazy. Neither Sony nor MS would allow IW to dictate that their games must be pay to play.

OMG, am i the only person here who was a PC gamer? who played COD1 and 2? THE POINT IS DEDICATED SERVERS ARE A STAPLE OF PC GAMING!!!! they are as important as the mouse and keyboard, go play any FPS on PC and they all have dedicated servers, its just the norm, the rule. Clans work that way in PC gaming, clans have their own servers, they pay for their own servers that way they always have a place to go to every day and night.

How do you know sony and ms wont let them? as long as they get a piece of the pie they wont care.

You guys have to remember this is not about game quality or online service quality, it is about something that is fundamental to PC gamers, its like saying they got rid of the analog controller for console gamers.

CDBS14 ]

OMG' date=' am i the only person here who was a PC gamer? who played COD1 and 2? THE POINT IS DEDICATED SERVERS ARE A STAPLE OF PC GAMING!!!! they are as important as the mouse and keyboard, go play any FPS on PC and they all have dedicated servers, its just the norm, the rule. Clans work that way in PC gaming, clans have their own servers, they pay for their own servers that way they always have a place to go to every day and night.

How do you know sony and ms wont let them? as long as they get a piece of the pie they wont care.

You guys have to remember this is not about game quality or online service quality, it is about something that is fundamental to PC gamers, its like saying they got rid of the analog controller for console gamers.

[/quote']

im with you mate 100%

CDBS14 ]

OMG' date=' am i the only person here who was a PC gamer? who played COD1 and 2? THE POINT IS DEDICATED SERVERS ARE A STAPLE OF PC GAMING!!!! they are as important as the mouse and keyboard, go play any FPS on PC and they all have dedicated servers, its just the norm, the rule. Clans work that way in PC gaming, clans have their own servers, they pay for their own servers that way they always have a place to go to every day and night.

[/quote']

I'm a pc gamer and i still don't mind it.

CDBS14 ]

You guys have to remember this is not about game quality or online service quality' date=' it is about something that is fundamental to PC gamers, its like saying they got rid of the analog controller for console gamers.

[/quote']

LOL that is exactly what it is all about. Game and online quality. And they wouldn't get rid of anything, they are going to just charge you for it. Which sounds like, in your previous statement, is the norm. So I don't see where anything is different.

If they want to charge PC gamers then they will charge. And if PC gamers want to pay then they will pay. I am not a PC gamer, nor will I ever be. So this petition will never affect me. If they charge for it on the PS3 then maybe I will pay it. But it better be damn good. Like I said before.

So I work with a guy at my part-time job that is a PC gamer, and we would always talk about Modern Warfare. So lately we have been talking about this subject.

I came in today and told him about the new kill streaks and he nearly bit my head off. He started going on and on about how only PC gamers have any skill anyway and that all console players are glitches and are just a bunch of kids. Which in turn started to piss me off. So I changed the subject, as to avoid a heated argument over a video game.

So I started thinking, if most PC gamers are of the same thinking, then I say screw em'! Essentially all they are doing is leveling the playing field. So they can't mod games or maps anymore, BFD! I know there is thinking this will start a trend to charge to play certain games online, but that's all speculation.

I think it has a lot to due with the fact that they want to charge the PC gamers for any future DLC. Which I think is perfectly fair. I just think PC gamers are so used to getting things cheaper and free, that this is pissing them off that they have to pay more money.

Don't forget, when the price of this game was released for PC, it caused all kinds of uproar because those cheap asses didn't want to pay the same price as the console players would pay.