2007 MLB Postseason Predictions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Directors

I agree in part, with both Umer & Street, but Pinella's mistake IMO, was not the fact that he put Marmol in, but the fact that his Ace (Zambrano) was pitching toe to toe with Webb (his numbers were actually better than his counter part at the time Lou pulled him), and he all but begged Pinella to give him one more inning in a game that was tied 1 all.

The actual pitching mistake wasn't even Marmol's fault really, it was Rookie Catcher Geovony Soto who called for a Fastball, when he knew Marmol's Slider was the better pitch.

BTW if the current score stands at the time of this post (D'backs lead Game 2 6-2, Top 5), the Cubs now have to return to Wrigley down in the series 2-0.

smokeosama ]
Som3_R3tard ]

D-backs going to make all you cubbie fans cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the curse will never end hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahaha

Go Diamondbacks

The Cubbies are going to win it still. That was the only game I had the DBacks winning. The Cubs should destroy perennial underachiever Doug Davis and Sub-Par Micah Owings/Livan Hernandez. Owings makes up for his poor outings with his stick though, he can rake at the plate.

lemme guess you had them winning game 2 too?

X_VIP3R_X ]

Yeah, I'm not worried....yet.

WTF was Lou thinking? Zambrano's pitching the game of the season, maybe his life...and they pull him out of a tie game after only 85 pitches?!!!! And with the exception of the HR he gave up, he was untouchable...6 IP , 1 BB, 8 Ks.....he was even having a decent night @ the plate 1-2, with a 2B!

I know Pinella said it was because they wanted to use him for Game 4...but there's no guarantee there will even be a Game 4!

Are you freaking kidding me? WOW.

Oh well, Ted Lilly is the real Ace of this rotation anyway...he's been the most consistent Starter the Cubs have had in a while. And if there is a Game 4 (and there will be)...CZ better be "lights out" or Sweet Lou will look like an idiot.

yea same crap with the phillies kyle kendrick has a tough first inning with giving up back to back homers. but phillies fought back to take a 3-2.. top of fourth 2 outs and a dude on second he makes a pitching change.. the dude had a nasty curve ball and was owning ppl after the first innning.. When they took him out is when the rockies put up mad runs

The coachs are trying to much.. first time making it with there new team and they trying to look pretty.. just letem play jesus

Hey Viper man... i def disagree with u... would u rather Zambrano pitch 100 pitches maybe get through 8 innings.. and not be able for a crucial game 5?... and have someone else pitch?.... or have Zambrano come back game 5.... he did put relivers that carried the team in... so it was smart just didnt work out cant blame him for a person doin horrible in the postseason.... Joe Torres fault AROD cant hit in the postseason?

• Directors
MaluNYMets ]

Hey Viper man... i def disagree with u... would u rather Zambrano pitch 100 pitches maybe get through 8 innings.. and not be able for a crucial game 5?... and have someone else pitch?.... or have Zambrano come back game 5.... he did put relivers that carried the team in... so it was smart just didnt work out cant blame him for a person doin horrible in the postseason.... Joe Torres fault AROD cant hit in the postseason?

I think you're missing my point Mal. I'm not saying Lou's faith in his bullpen was misplaced, or that Zambrano should have pitched beyond the 7th inning. All I'm saying is that he was cruising and had only thrown 85 pitches in a CRUCIAL Game 1 (that's right @ 14 pitches an inning...while during the season CZ's pitch count is usually set @ 115 pitches)...and you gotta win Games 1, 2, or 3 to even get to Game 4, much less Game 5. Is it Pinella's fault because the Cubs are not hitting in the Postseason? No. Is it Pinella's fault becuase Ted Lilly, the most consistant SP in the Cubs rotation gave up 6 Runs on 7 Hits in a little over 3 Innings? No. Is it Joe Torre's fault that A-Rod can't hit in the Postseason? No.

But, do I think it was a bad, game changing decision to pull Zambrano in the 6th Inning, in a tie ballgame, on the road (where CZ has excelled 12-4 3.06), in Game 1 of the NDLS? Hell yes.

And the D'backs couldn't have been happier to see him go.

Great manager...bad decision.

The Cubs were outplayed this series by the DBacks, no doubt. I give them props for making it to the NLCS, but this is where their run ends. They are going to hit a brick wall against the red hot Rockies. Oh ya and Cubbies in 08' 100 years! With that here are my Championship Series predictions (Barring a miraculous comeback by the Yankees):

NLCS: DBacks vs Rockies - Rockies

ALCS: BoSox vs Indians - BoSox

smokeosama ]

The Cubs were outplayed this series by the DBacks, no doubt. I give them props for making it to the NLCS, but this is where their run ends. They are going to hit a brick wall against the red hot Rockies. Oh ya and Cubbies in 08' 100 years! With that here are my Championship Series predictions (Barring a miraculous comeback by the Yankees):

I USED to like you smoke. Now that your hatin on my Indians......BOOOOOOOO to YOOOOUUUUUUU!!!

smokeosama ]

I USED to like you smoke. Now that your hatin on my Indians......BOOOOOOOO to YOOOOUUUUUUU!!!

hey atleast he gave them getting past the yankees

that is some love

a little

smokeosama ]

I'm not hating on the Indians..I love Sabathia and Carmona bro, but Boston's pitching is ridiculous. I see Boston taking it in 7.