I don't use an intercooler. However, my PS3 has been sounding like a hairdryer recently.

A few clan mates have had this problem, it's a pretty easy fix. Go buy a can of compressed air and blow all the dust out of your PS3. Right now that dust is acting as an insulator, so your PS3 gets hot and stays hot.

I'm going to do the same soon.

_FrankMonkey ]

I don't use an intercooler. However, my PS3 has been sounding like a hairdryer recently.

A few clan mates have had this problem, it's a pretty easy fix. Go buy a can of compressed air and blow all the dust out of your PS3. Right now that dust is acting as an insulator, so your PS3 gets hot and stays hot.

I'm going to do the same soon.

and always make sure you vacum the ps3 never blow..lol...suck no blow :-X

hitman198309 ]

Thanks for all the input. I use compressed air on it every week so why it gets so hot I dont know. I think its just the fans on it are loose so it rattles back and forth. Who knows prolly just take it off if it doesnt help the PS anyway.

might just be where you have it make sure its got good breathing room and keep it dust free i just read up on the intercoolers bad stuff happens :o id just sell it at gamestop ebay works nicely

Definitely listen to everyones advice so far. The intercooler doesn't help your system at all. Even with compressed air a lot of dust stays inside and it just sucks all together anyways. Just leave it on top of your entertainment center or wherever you have it and brush the dust off every once in awhille and it'll be fine. Those things are junk tho so best bet is ebay the damn thing and have no more worries!