Is XBOX worth paying for????.....

The Xbox Staff asking if the Box is worth it.......LOL.

IMO, no. I get what I expect, and that's about it with the PS3, but add the BR (ONLY way to watch a movie) and the fact that they constantly update it for FREE, and I'm satisfied.

I've played my friends Xbox, and I don't see a reason to pay to play. JMO, as I assume you were getting at....

It's DEFINITELY worth it. Like Cp said, when they announce an update, IT COMES OUT ON TIME, because you're paying for the service. The amount of exclusive stuff that you get on xbox live is a lot more than you get on psn. But aside from the extra content, it's worth it for the gaming experience alone. By paying those 50 bucks a year, you essentially never have to worry about having shitty servers. Cheaters and rankups are taken care of for the most part, you can play for an entire day and not experience a laggy game at all.

Unless you sit down and play xbox for an extended period of time, you'll never agree with the pay to play and never understand where us xboxers are coming from.

BigMoneyNacku ]

You get what you pay for. Period. ;)

AMEN!

I have both systems. I use my 360 for everything except for the PS3 exclusives. I can't pull myself away from my clan buddies, even though Socom hasn't lived up to it's famed past. Hoping that MAG lives up to the hype. But back on the 360, minus the BluRay player, it's the elite system. Have you all seen the Modern Warfare 2 system? Sweet graphic printed on the system, 250g HD, two controllers, headset, HDMI cord and MW2 the game all for $399! For the extra $100 it's a SWEET deal!!

Remember last year's 360 big service update, how long did that take to download? 5 Minutes? Now when was the last time you downloaded a PS3 update? Not only do you have to download but also install.... IT TAKE FOREVER!!!! lol

BTW... You can get your 12 months of Xbox Live for $40 on Amazon!

It's worth the money. The chat system is cool. Talking to friends as we play different games is a nice feature. The join friends game options are much cleaner in any game than on the PS3. Its one or 2 buttons away where on the PS3 it could be different for each game. Now on the other side the free service on the PS3 is really good on its own. Sure it takes more time to DL updates but they are free. Would I pay for more on the PS3? Sure. But the way they are going (Netflix coming soon) I won't have to.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Unless you sit down and play xbox for an extended period of time, you'll never agree with the pay to play and never understand where us xboxers are coming from.

^^^ perfect statement.

I was a sony fanboy, and had my ps3...

switched to xbox.. and was very VERY glad I did.

The only thing i miss are my old buddies who are on psn still

I honestly think its worth it. They actual spend money to make it a better experience for their players. I spent 15 mins to send about 25 messages to a bunch of different Clan Leaders. It goes straight to their message box on their live account where they can access it on the web or on the xbox.

If I was to do that on PSN/playstation.com I would be sitting there for hours lol...

Neo the only reason I even stay on PlayStation is the fact of friends, family and clan mates. If it wasn't for that I would have switched to xbox a long time ago. I think I was the biggest "Loyalty" to Sony type of guy. But when you sit down and think..

What does staying loyal to Sony really do for you? Does that keep them from letting Metal Gear go to xbox? Does that keep them from ruining one of the best gaming franchises called socom?

Lets face it for $50 dollars a month they provide more features then you could ever even use... $50 is less then a brand new game... once a year...

yet psn fanboys will never see the VALUE in what you get from paying the 50 a year, or 20 for 3 months, or 7.99 a month...

most people see pay to play as some sort of scam, or bullshit... or

why pay, when I could just play for free on psn..

think of the amount of people who pay to play WOW, and that game has an epic fanbase...

those people understand, that paying for something means that you're going to get dedicated back end support.

NEO-X- ]

yet psn fanboys will never see the VALUE in what you get from paying the 50 a year' date=' or 20 for 3 months, or 7.99 a month...

most people see pay to play as some sort of scam, or bullshit... or

why pay, when I could just play for free on psn..

think of the amount of people who pay to play WOW, and that game has an epic fanbase...

those people understand, that paying for something means that you're going to get dedicated back end support.

[/quote']

while ill agree that the network is def what you pay for on the 360 but as far as the actual system goes i prefer ps3 i went through 3 XBOXS in the procees of 4 months switched to ps3 still on my first thats wut has me at ps3

Its definitely worth it. I bought a 360 a couple of years ago just for one game(Dead Rising) and now every game I buy that comes out on both systems I get it for xbox unless its a game our clan will play. Last gen it was the opposite for me, I bought every game I wanted for ps2 and only exclusives for xbox.

As for fanboyism I've never understood it. Why do people pledge allegiance to a video game console? PS3 & 360 are both great consoles. As gamers we should be happy that our consoles compete with each other as games just keep getting better and better with time.

xRuthlessRebelx ]

As for fanboyism I've never understood it. Why do people pledge allegiance to a video game console? PS3 & 360 are both great consoles. As gamers we should be happy that our consoles compete with each other as games just keep getting better and better with time.

Well stated dude.. well stated

xRuthlessRebelx ]

Its definitely worth it. I bought a 360 a couple of years ago just for one game(Dead Rising) and now every game I buy that comes out on both systems I get it for xbox unless its a game our clan will play. Last gen it was the opposite for me, I bought every game I wanted for ps2 and only exclusives for xbox.

X2!!

I also buy multi-platforms for the box unless my clan is playing it. There are always exceptions, like Arkam. When I do buy it, it will be on the ps3 only because of the joker.

I don't have a X-Box. But everything I have ever read tells me it's worth it. I would pay to game if it kept the servers less laggy. I would pay to play if they actually worked with the game creators to get me DLC. I would pay to play if I got better content with the PSN. Example: chat features.

I just want a system that gives me the BEST on-line experience. Right now with the games I play that is PS3. :-\

I might just be missing out. :(

z-Prime-z ]

I don't have a X-Box. But everything I have ever read tells me it's worth it. I would pay to game if it kept the servers less laggy. I would pay to play if they actually worked with the game creators to get me DLC. I would pay to play if I got better content with the PSN. Example: chat features.

I just want a system that gives me the BEST on-line experience. Right now with the games I play that is PS3. :-\

WTF.!?

You just stated all the reasons that pay to play/Xbox would be better, but then you say PS3 gives you the BEST online experience..!? (i think what you meant was "the best online experience for the price" ;))

z-Prime-z ]

PSN = The Best FREE online experience

XBL = The Best Paid online gaming experience

at the end of the day, it always comes down to.. you get what you PAY for

For me... i thought about it but came to one conclusion... its not worth it... all my friends are on ps3.. most of the games i like are either PS3 exclusives or both consoles... none xbox exclusive..

since every game that i WILL play online comes on both systems or are PS3 exclusives and my friends are on PS3 then why would I buy another console? cause every game i like that's on the xbox comes for the PS3 too and i can play it online with my friends that are on PS3.

lets face it PS3>Xbox on exclusives.... God of War, Metal Gear Solid ( Best PS3 Game i've played IMO, fucking loved it), Uncharted, MAG, Killzone, demon's soul, FFXIII, Little Big Planet, Grand Tourismo.... and yes even the damn Socom game who we all hate to love.

PS3> Xbox on console system... Blue-tooth controllers, mics.. etc, Blu Ray discs,games, six axis and as a fact xbox cosole has design problems..which is why they give 3 years warranty on RROD so no real problem there if you dont mind waiting every now and then.

Xbox>PS3 with great online features.. like OMG FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!!!!!<<< seriosuly.. i bought my console to play great video games and watch movies.. i got what i paid for i dont want anything else. i dont use facebook.. and even less twitter??? yes twitter W T F ? ... chat?? meh.. do you guys really use that so much?

faster downloads and DLC... i wont pay for that.. it really doesnt bother me.. except on socom

so in the end i have what i wanted.. and for me it's free. i play games online.. lag? every now and then.. yes!.. bothers me nope.. right now i don't see much problems with lag (outside of socom which i blame the game not the system) laggy CoD room?.. host fault lets get to a better one and everything is fine. BR movies? hell yeah, netflix coming soon? what's else do you need?

I totally agree with most of you on here, it IS worth it.

I own both consoles too and the only thing I use my ps3 for is a blu-ray player and some exclusives (Killzones, Resistances, Demon's Souls, MAG soon)

I love Xbox Live compared to PSN, I tried to play COD4 on PSN but it's too damn laggy, you cant get into party chat, and the voice quality sounds horrible.

PS3 isn't a bad console, just IMHO the online play is sub-par.

Hellraiser ]

Xbox>PS3 with great online features.. like OMG FACEBOOK AND TWITTER!!!!!<<< seriosuly.. i bought my console to play great video games and watch movies.. i got what i paid for i dont want anything else. i dont use facebook.. and even less twitter??? yes twitter W T F ? ... chat?? meh.. do you guys really use that so much?

You dont use your headset..??

I bet you would if it worked like XBL does. lol

Of course all your favorite games are on PS3.. ;)

The only part of your rant that makes sense to me is that all of your friends are on PS3.

And FYI.. no one cares about FB & Twitter on xbox. (It's definitely not a selling point that ANYONE here would use to sell you on it.)

Chili-Palmer ]
Hellraiser ]

You dont use your headset..??

I bet you would if it worked like XBL does. lol

Of course all your favorite games are on PS3.. ;)

The only part of your rant that makes sense to me is that all of your friends are on PS3.

And FYI.. no one cares about FB & Twitter on xbox. (It's definitely not a selling point that ANYONE here would use to sell you on it.)

i meant the not in game chat.. like just invite friend to chat.. i didnt meant the game chat.. PSN has a chat.. but i just dont use it. so i seriously asked if you guys use it that much. and for the record.. whats wrong with the PS3 mics? i hear everyone fine?

about my fave games being on PS3.. well.. i dont know what to tell you but.. GoW, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy.. are among the few games that if i had only Xbox i would've been beating the crap out of myself for not being able to play it. i've loved those games since their beginning.. and i mean beginning like NES Metal Gear and Final Fantasy series ( played all from I - XI) so it has nothing to do with me being a PS3 fan or anything cause before Playstation.. i played the Nintendos till PS2 came out..my cousin has both systems.. i've played Halo and i dont like it... just like i dont like Resistance multiplayer for PS3.. Fable did looked interesting on Xbox(never played it and dont know how it is on 360).. im not a fan of racing games so Forza is not really interesting for me, hate sport games.. soooo..

why would I get an Xbox 360?

a lot of the Xbox greatest hits are also PS3... most of the PS3 greatest hits.. are exclusives.

this is just my opinion...PS3 happens to have the games i like and the features i prefer.. Blue ray being a huge plus...and free online.. and believe me i've heard of many not getting a 10 bucks DLC till after a month cause of budget issues so yea.. free online.. means a lot for some.

We essentially use private/party chat EVERY TIME we play online. I don't remember the last time I've even done game chat. Being able to chat with up to 7 other people, at anytime you want, no matter what you're doing on xbox live is huge. I guarantee that any xbox person uses it like 95% of the time.

Yea what he ^ said. 8)

Hell raiser.. i meant that of course all your favorite games are on PS3.. you dont have a 360 nor do you like 360, so how would you even know if any of the 360 games would be good, much less one of your favorites. lol

I Guarantee if you like racing games Forza 3 is hands down the best racing game EVER put out on any system ever.!!!

GT5 may give it a run, but i would find that hard to believe.. (plus GT5 does not count, as it does not exist.!)

Plus any other game.. that is available on both systems will usually run/play better on 360 so how could you even possibly say that.?

I dont want to get into a pissing match, im just trying to state the obvious reasons you feel the way you do.