Modern Warfare 2 has Third Person.!!!

Rumor: Modern Warfare 2's Huge Secret is Third Person View? (Update: Seems to be True)

October 25, 2009 | 10:52 PM PST

Someone seems to of gotten a copy of Modern Warfare 2 early for PS3 and they have been live streaming it to the public. Something interesting in this video is that its played completely in third person and looks like it is not spectator or anything of the sorts. Could this be the big secret Infinity Ward has been talking about?

Whats your take on it?

*UPDATE* It seems it is true according to a screeshot someone took of the game modes screen, hit the break to see the picture and a list of game modes. It is in another language but the users on the Infinity Ward forums were quick to translate it.

team deathmatch

free-for-all

domination

ground war

sabotage

HQ Pro

Search and destroy

capture the flag

demolition

3rd person team deathmatch

hardcore team deathmatch

hardcore Search and destroy

teamdeathmatch ...(cant read) (maybe something like team tactical)

cage match 3rd person

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

team deathmatch

free-for-all

domination

ground war

sabotage

HQ Pro

Search and destroy

capture the flag

demolition

hardcore team deathmatch

cage match 3rd person

This sucks! Third person was the big IW secret. Why would you take a perfectly good first person shooter and mess it up. Idk, I guess it draws in 3rd person guys that didnt play before. I'm not a 3rd person guy, sorry

USCG_sierra179 ]
team deathmatch

free-for-all

domination

ground war

sabotage

HQ Pro

Search and destroy

capture the flag

demolition

hardcore team deathmatch

cage match 3rd person

This sucks! Third person was the big IW secret. Why would you take a perfectly good first person shooter and mess it up. Idk, I guess it draws in 3rd person guys that didnt play before. I'm not a 3rd person guy, sorry

Nor am I a First person guy but as long as we can keep the debates/opinions friendly we can co exist peacefully. I seriously doubt I will be a fan of playing a game in third person by a dev that specializes in first person. Who knows maybe they did a decent job of it. It looked like in the video that I saw they got the camera closer to the old school Socom style than /6 did which surprised me. Either way I don't see this as effecting the first person portion of the game since they are keeping them completely separate. Best thing I can see coming out of this for me is Sony making a push to get some info out about the next Socom.

Yeah thats cool about it that its getting you guys on there. Your right though, very curious to see how a well known FPS did on implementing a third person game mode. I just forsee problems to come along with it. I think we can co-exist just fine Crusty!

USCG_sierra179 ]
team deathmatch

free-for-all

domination

ground war

sabotage

HQ Pro

Search and destroy

capture the flag

demolition

hardcore team deathmatch

cage match 3rd person

right on!! i hate the idea of this game being TPS... im going to be really pissed if you are able to look around walls and shit while hiding safely. i cant stand that corner camping... i prefer first person without respawn...

i hate the damn sig sag to doge bullets... i hate the corner camp.. i hate the shitty aiming.. in FPS, you want to look?.. you have to stick your head out and peek, put your self at risk of getting shot.

and also in FPS.. first one to draw and shoots.. gets the kill.. no sig sag dodgin bullets.. or turning around and getting a lucky headshot after receiving 4 shots on the back.

I agree. It's always seemed more realistic to me and I love seeing something how it would look through my eyes. I know its a video game but they try and make it look as real as possible, so why would you have me look from three feet behind me at what I'm doing? Never made much since to me. Sorry TPS's, maybe this will help convert you!

USCG_sierra179 ]

I agree. It's always seemed more realistic to me and I love seeing something how it would look through my eyes. I know its a video game but they try and make it look as real as possible, so why would you have me look from three feet behind me at what I'm doing? Never made much since to me. Sorry TPS's, maybe this will help convert you!

the love for TPS comes with the idea that TPS = Socom.. FPS = Halo that's it. everybody sees FPS and start bitching... the game is played how you want it to be played.. you want tactical.. make a room without respawn and make it sabotage.. there you got socom demolition in FPS.

now socom... start on crossroads small spawn merc side.. you run up to the fish market stairs and what do you get? random nades (much like a certain game ) if you are comandos and go fish market alley without going up the stairs what do you get ? random nades. but wait why is everyone rushing to fish market and shit? this is supposed to be slow and tactical.. so i guess the only ones playing this game right are the ones corner camping in their plant site.

right on!! i hate the idea of this game being TPS... im going to be really pissed if you are able to look around walls and shit while hiding safely. i cant stand that corner camping... i prefer first person without respawn...

i hate the damn sig sag to doge bullets... i hate the corner camp.. i hate the shitty aiming.. in FPS, you want to look?.. you have to stick your head out and peek, put your self at risk of getting shot.

and also in FPS.. first one to draw and shoots.. gets the kill.. no sig sag dodgin bullets.. or turning around and getting a lucky headshot after receiving 4 shots on the back.

And this is the reason why Socomers and FPS players are from two different gaming worlds. We just like different things it's as simple as that.

Don't play the 3rd person portion of the game and you'll be fine.

Yes but you also trip over a lot of stupid rocks and fences and what not. Not to mention the peripheral vision is not there in FPS. I feel like a horse running around with blinders on in first person. I don't know about you but when I run blindly into a corner and someone pops out and kills me the first thing I always think is damn I should have thrown a grenade there I know better. The strafing is fun for me and I enjoy that a lot more than sitting back and having the game assist me by subtly locking on my enemy.

I hated that about MW. There were countless times when myself and an enemy sniper pulled the trigger at almost the exact same time only one of us would die. Because he or I got the shot of a split second earlier only one person would be awarded the kill even though we both should have died.

Crusty_Demons ]

And this is the reason why Socomers and FPS players are from two different gaming worlds. We just like different things it's as simple as that.

Don't play the 3rd person portion of the game and you'll be fine.

Yes but you also trip over a lot of stupid rocks and fences and what not. Not to mention the peripheral vision is not there in FPS. I feel like a horse running around with blinders on in first person. I don't know about you but when I run blindly into a corner and someone pops out and kills me the first thing I always think is damn I should have thrown a grenade there I know better. The strafing is fun for me and I enjoy that a lot more than sitting back and having the game assist me by subtly locking on my enemy.

I hated that about MW. There were countless times when myself and an enemy sniper pulled the trigger at almost the exact same time only one of us would die. Because he or I got the shot of a split second earlier only one person would be awarded the kill even though we both should have died.

1) yeah but why if everyone decides to play only TPS? even UF tournaments..

2)the First person view only makes it more realistic.. in real life you cant see your feet unless you look down.. same hear if you could spectate yourself in real life.. no one would ever trip on a rock or fall on a hole.

3) i do agree there... i didnt meant that thing where both fire at the same time and only one dies.. i mean it in the way where you start shotting at someone and they start with the sig sag BS dodging bullets and manage to kill you..<< come on really.. in CoD you try to pull that shit off you going down.

2)

1) yeah but why if everyone decides to play only TPS? even UF tournaments..

2)the First person view only makes it more realistic.. in real life you cant see your feet unless you look down.. same hear if you could spectate yourself in real life.. no one would ever trip on a rock or fall on a hole.

3) i do agree there... i didnt meant that thing where both fire at the same time and only one dies.. i mean it in the way where you start shotting at someone and they start with the sig sag BS dodging bullets and manage to kill you..<< come on really.. in CoD you try to pull that shit off you going down.

2)

I don't think 3rd person will take over COD. At best I think it will be a nice feature for fans of third person in a game that is and always will be primarily a first person game. This is a pilot test of sorts for IW to try and see if they can steal away some of the Socom gamers. The way that Sony has been handling Socom this day was inevitable. I didn't really expect it from IW but I did expect a dev to try and capitalize on the Socom market at some point.

Realistic and fun video games IMO don't belong in the same sentence. That being said In real life you can look down and see your feet are there any FPS that you can do that? The aim assist in MW can help make anything possible. ;)

Hellraiser ]

I disagree with this.Tunnel vision is the hardest thing for me in FPS. I don't walk around staring at my feet, and I don't trip and fall on everything in my path. Seeing around corners and through walls is dumb, but at least TPS gives a better approximation of our actual field of vision.

I'd be happy if in FPS we had another button where we could could zoom out a little bit more, and they could just make it so we couldn't shoot while zoomed out.

thunder_fist ]
Hellraiser ]

I disagree with this.Tunnel vision is the hardest thing for me in FPS. I don't walk around staring at my feet, and I don't trip and fall on everything in my path. Seeing around corners and through walls is dumb, but at least TPS gives a better approximation of our actual field of vision.

I'd be happy if in FPS we had another button where we could could zoom out a little bit more, and they could just make it so we couldn't shoot while zoomed out.

Kinda like OTS!! I loved the OTS view initially on Socom, then they screwed that up with a patch.

HR, I can too see my feet in real life without tilting my head and staring at the ground. Maybe FPS would be better if they offered a corner crouch, kinda like MGS, or Arkam Asylum?

I think the TPS aspect could make for a cool UF event. I know that isn't what COD enthusiast want to hear but the fact is that this place got it's roots from Socom, I could see them catering to that community.

Now see you're thinking outside the box Covert! I'm hardcore FPS but I'd be willing to take some shots at TPS to be in a UF TPS MW2 Tournament. Good suggestion

I wonder now about clan support... If they improved that any. I'm guessing not but we didn't know about TPS until lately. So maybe...

I don't know if you played the MAG beta or Killzone 2 but if they implemented something along these lines for clans it would be nice. Having your clan tag and name unchangeable so random people dont use them and make sure your members aren't flip flopping tags. I'm glad you brought this up cuz now I'm very interested to see where this goes.

USCG_sierra179 ]
I wonder now about clan support... If they improved that any. I'm guessing not but we didn't know about TPS until lately. So maybe...

I don't know if you played the MAG beta or Killzone 2 but if they implemented something along these lines for clans it would be nice. Having your clan tag and name unchangeable so random people dont use them and make sure your members aren't flip flopping tags. I'm glad you brought this up cuz now I'm very interested to see where this goes.

Or any of the Socom games starting from two to the present. Zippers attention to clan support set the bar IMO.

Crusty_Demons ]
USCG_sierra179 ]

Or any of the Socom games starting from two to the present. Zippers attention to clan support set the bar IMO.

I agree with that

Hell /6 couldn't even fuck up Zippers clan support. I'm sure they tried though :angel: