Modern Warfare 2 has Third Person.!!!

No I didn't go back to Socom because it had Socom on the front. I went back for the game play. The graphics were tough to take after looking at something like MW but it was worth it for me. I expect to do the same thing with Confrontation in time as bad as that game is. Games like MW and MAG can't keep me for long because I am a Socomer. Socom offers things that MW doesn't it's pretty much that simple for me.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm holding out hope for the next installment of socom. Until then which won't be until sometime next year or later I will fill my time with Black until its finished then probably move to MAG and COD to pass the time until the next socom, unless someone butchers it again then well I guess we just have to wait and see fellas.

Good points all around from everyone! :D

It really all comes down to what you prefer to play. Some guys swear by Socom and they will continue to play Socom. some guys swear by CoD and will continue to play CoD. Some guys like both games and will play both games. I really don't see what all the arguing, debating, etc is going on.

My personal preference is CoD. It annoys me that there are noob tubes, jugga noobs, grenade launchers and annoying little kids in the lobby who want to let the whole world know how bad their rapping abilities are... but despite all that, I still continue to play CoD. From reading all the socom threads about how /6 destroyed the game and about how many flaws the game has, I still see socom fans playing it. This just proves one thing, Socom fans will stick with Socom and CoD fans will stick with CoD.

I'm excited and I can't wait for the game to come out. Unlike others, I won't let silly things like people using my clan tag make me lose interest in the game. The videos so far for it are undeniably awesome. For socom fans, the game may become "stale"... but for CoD fans, it won't. To this day I'm still playing MW and I enjoy it just as much today as I did the first day it came out. Besides, if I remember correctly, before Confrontation came out, a lot of the clans here were playing CoD. Apparently CA had become stale... even for you hardcore Socom fans ;D

Back on the subject of TPS for MW2, it looks kinda shitty. Granted, I haven't played it, but from the vids it appears there isn't any aiming down the sight or through a scope.

From the vid, it looks as though it just goes to "over the shoulder" cam. Again, this is from the vid, so maybe the guy playing never actually pulled up his sights.

If it is over the shoulder at best, I'll probably seldom play this game in 3rd person.

IRISH BULL ]

Back on the subject of TPS for MW2, it looks kinda shitty. Granted, I haven't played it, but from the vids it appears there isn't any aiming down the sight or through a scope.

From the vid, it looks as though it just goes to "over the shoulder" cam. Again, this is from the vid, so maybe the guy playing never actually pulled up his sights.

If it is over the shoulder at best, I'll probably seldom play this game in 3rd person.

i was watching a stream earlier, over the shoulder. BTW all peple do in this game mode is either camp a corner or run around...guess which one gets you kills :-\

USCG_sierra179 ]

I agree. It's always seemed more realistic to me and I love seeing something how it would look through my eyes. I know its a video game but they try and make it look as real as possible, so why would you have me look from three feet behind me at what I'm doing? Never made much since to me. Sorry TPS's, maybe this will help convert you!

For me, it has more to do with motion sickness. I cannot play FPS's without getting sick to my stomach because of motion sickness. And watching someone else play is even worse. FPS, TPS, who cares which, I just want to be able to play without feeling the urge to vomit.

USCG_sierra179 ]

I agree. It's always seemed more realistic to me and I love seeing something how it would look through my eyes. I know its a video game but they try and make it look as real as possible, so why would you have me look from three feet behind me at what I'm doing? Never made much since to me. Sorry TPS's, maybe this will help convert you!

For me, it has more to do with motion sickness. I cannot play FPS's without getting sick to my stomach because of motion sickness. And watching someone else play is even worse. FPS, TPS, who cares which, I just want to be able to play without feeling the urge to vomit.

Motion sickness pills?

I heard some people can go into seizers from playing video games.

If youre getting motion sickness from playing you might not want to play or back away from the tv! Putting your nose against the screen doesnt make you see better lol :D

Crusty_Demons ]
Hellraiser ]

dude.. if Only Socom looked that good!

You still wouldn't play it... The corner camping remember. :P;)

yeah i played close attention to that... it still sucks you can see from behind walls and shit.. im just saying this game is a FPS with single player campaign and it looks and feels 10X better than Socom confrontation.

and i hate the corner camping but i do play socom my friend.. every single day! so just imagining Socom looking like that... damn!

and i do like Socom.. the way it's played and how its more tactical ( ok.. just the fact that its' non respawn) but I do prefer if i could have an FPS with that gameplay.

• Directors
Crusty_Demons ]

The 3rd person mode is not bad. It's in dire need of expanding because the max teams in a ranked room is 4v4 I had a hard time putting down last night. There is jump to climb. I corner camped multiple people in Hell Raisers honer. :D

You will find that 3rd person is available on all modes in private matches

Hellraiser ]

seriously i didnt like the TPS.. not about the camping but about the weapons and the aiming and all that shit..

It's awkward at first and you can't scope in till you unlock the thermal. I think that is a bug possibly maybe they will fix it in the future so that you can scope in with red dots and acog's. Yes you can play more modes in private matches but no one wants to play that until they have everything unlocked.

Well................I hate the TPS mode lol. Its clunky, slow, awkward, I thought I would love it but I hate it. However I am in love with this game in FPS. This is weird for someone like me that normally only plays TPS but hey what can I say this game is awesome, just not in TPS or their version of it.