Modern Warfare 2 has Third Person.!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a question for you covert ops......DO YOU PLAY MW2?? like be honest man, when you choose a game mode you can CLEARLY see how many people are playing each, and i play this game DAILY for 6-8 hours, the third person game mode has about idk say 300 people at around 8PM EST, compared to the 30,000+ thousand in team deathmatch.

Now addressing your GB poll, dude IT IS A GAMEBATTLES FORUM!!!!! the people who roam those forums care about getting their GB rank up, they would like the ladder so they can field another team, so they can get their rank up. Also on what GB forum? MW2 or the SOCOM one?

I am not picking a fight, but SNOWBUD clearly said to look at the stats IN THE GAME ITSELF, that is not an opinion, thats a fact.

The thing a 'few' people seem to keep forgetting in this argument. MAJORITY rules. It would be suicide for UF to create a format that doesn't appeal to the masses. Whether it is FPS or TPS or both, it will be in line with what the majority wants. Alot of you guys either don't know, or forget just how much WORK is involved in making a tournament happen. For every offering UF does there are at least 100 work hours behind the scenes. So relax a bit. If you don't like the tourney, you don't have to play. Period.

CDBS, you have to stop with all the crazy assumptions. People are not necessarily trying to turn MW into Socom, they are trying to make it more tactical. What is the point in running around like a jackass in a public room in a competitive environment? There is none.

CDBS14 ]

i got a question for you covert ops......DO YOU PLAY MW2?? like be honest man' date=' when you choose a game mode you can CLEARLY see how many people are playing each, and i play this game DAILY for 6-8 hours, the third person game mode has about idk say 300 people at around 8PM EST, compared to the 30,000+ thousand in team deathmatch.

Now addressing your GB poll, dude IT IS A GAMEBATTLES FORUM!!!!! the people who roam those forums care about getting their GB rank up, they would like the ladder so they can field another team, so they can get their rank up. Also on what GB forum? MW2 or the SOCOM one?

I am not picking a fight, but SNOWBUD clearly said to look at the stats IN THE GAME ITSELF, that is not an opinion, thats a fact.

[/quote']

Fucking Thank You

Jesus can we put this to rest already

SnowBud ]That is correct sir, when picking your gametype, I believe at the bottom right or left it shows the amount of players online, and the amount that is in that particular mode.

So yes everyone go look for themselves, unless Covert would like my to post the numbers for him so he doesn't have to look then I can maybe do that tonight when I'm on ::)

I'm pretty much done posting here, this has gotten a little ridiculous and past the point of debate.

Well...excuuuuuse me, its on the bottom! :laugh:

IRISH BULL ]
SnowBud ]That is correct sir, when picking your gametype, I believe at the bottom right or left it shows the amount of players online, and the amount that is in that particular mode.

So yes everyone go look for themselves, unless Covert would like my to post the numbers for him so he doesn't have to look then I can maybe do that tonight when I'm on ::)

I'm pretty much done posting here, this has gotten a little ridiculous and past the point of debate.

Well...excuuuuuse me, its on the bottom! :laugh:

lol to be honest im not sure man if its the bottom or top, but I will be tonight, either way its there for everyone to see even Covert if he took the time to look but since he won't maybe I'll post them for him tonight to "substantiate" my claim ::)

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Ok its around 6 central

There's 485,670 people on MW2

3rd person team tactical has 6,155/485,670

3rd person cage match has 4,494/485,670

so around 10,000 of almost 500,000 is playing TPS mode games.

so if my math is correct and it may be wrong but 2% of people playing the game are playing TPS while a whomping 98% is playing FPS.

Seems pretty "Overwhelming" to me :o

There you go Covert, I did the work for you

CDBS14 ]

i got a question for you covert ops......DO YOU PLAY MW2?? like be honest man' date=' when you choose a game mode you can CLEARLY see how many people are playing each, and i play this game DAILY for 6-8 hours, the third person game mode has about idk say 300 people at around 8PM EST, compared to the 30,000+ thousand in team deathmatch.[/quote']

I hope that is what I've been playing, the 58 rank next to my name should answer your initial question. As for your numbers, that is not what I have seen. To be exact here are the numbers from 10:30pm est tonight:

Demolition - 2312

Sabotage - 2329

HQ Pro - 4851

S&D - 2512

CTF - 1706

3rd Person Tactical - 1453

3rd Person Cage Match 813

HQ S& D - 1542

HQ DeathMatch - 6177

If you combine the ONLY two 3rd person playlists you have 2266 which puts it right in line with most of the other modes. I left out Ground War because that is the most active playlist by far which could be a result of it holding the biggest parties. So when Snow says "overwhelming majority" I would say that is factually incorrect. And the numbers you just posted do not reflect what I found tonight during a prime time. Keep in mind 8pm est is only 5pm pst which means that you're only getting a limited picture of what the entire country is doing online. Either way it would be difficult to get accurate data because of time zones and different behavior patterns. However, if you look at the numbers I recorded tonight(and will do so tomorrow night) you and Snow are FLAT OUT WRONG.

CDBS14 ]

Now addressing your GB poll' date=' dude IT IS A GAMEBATTLES FORUM!!!!! the people who roam those forums care about getting their GB rank up, they would like the ladder so they can field another team, so they can get their rank up. Also on what GB forum? MW2 or the SOCOM one? [/quote']

I'm not sure if you have read all my posts in this thread where I discussed the GB poll. But the point that I was making was that there are competitive gamers out there that have a desire to play 3rd person on MW2. Furthermore, that poll was met by resistance by some people on GB because they said that 3rd person would equate to corner campers. So it wasn't all roses over there either and I wouldn't expect it to be anywhere. Please don't confuse what I'm saying or have said, I'm only saying that there should be an event in UF that offers people a choice. Again, going to the numbers I recorded tonight 3rd person is just as popular if not MORE popular than: HQ S&D, CTF, S&D, Sabotage & Demolition.

CDBS14 ]I am not picking a fight' date=' but SNOWBUD clearly said to look at the stats IN THE GAME ITSELF, that is not an opinion, thats a fact.

[/quote']

No worries, I don't see any of this as a "fight". While Snow said in his second post that he was getting the data from the in-game playlist numbers, he did not provide any of the data to substantiate his claim. You have given what appears to be arbitrary numbers, however I will continue to record the numbers from 10 to 10:30 pm est to try and get a mix of east and west coast gamers.

SnowBud ]

Ok its around 6 central

There's 485,670 people on MW2

3rd person team tactical has 6,155/485,670

3rd person cage match has 4,494/485,670

so around 10,000 of almost 500,000 is playing TPS mode games.

so if my math is correct and it may be wrong but 2% of people playing the game are playing TPS while a whomping 98% is playing FPS.

Seems pretty "Overwhelming" to me :o

There you go Covert, I did the work for you

The numbers that you're providing here are only a snap shot of what is actually taking place. If you review the data in my above post you'll see how everything breaks down. Furthermore, you omitted the number of people that were NOT in a game but were in the "playlist menu". Your numbers are misleading because you're just lumping everyone that is online regardless of whether or not they are playing in a game. So hypothetically some of those people are waiting to jump in a 3rd person game mode.

Again if you review the snap shot I provided you can see how 3rd person(combined) stacks up to all the other modes that are currently being played. Deathmatch related modes seems to be the most popular mode overall but after that the rest are very close. As I said in my previous post I'm going to monitor the data for the remainder of this week and post it here. I will be trying to get on around 10pm est which is when most UF events begin(9cst) and it gives a fair estimate of time for west coast gamers to get home from work and jump online.

As for your "overwhelming" statement if the data that you posted is the reason why you felt that way then I feel a little better now. Your breakdown shows that your not trying to be deceiving, rather that you're confused about the numbers/data and how they work.

SnowBud ]

LOL :D Well of course it wouldn't satisfy you, obviously nothing will.

I have proven my point as have others. You argument was weak from the get go and it still holds no water no matter how you want to put your twist on it.

FPS > TPS on Call of Duty.

How can one be satisfied when the numbers you provided are not even total players actually playing? You're dealing with dummy numbers, you sound like a politician trying to misrepresent facts.

Like I said in my last post I'll continue to provide COMPLETE numbers in the window that I mentioned. As for my argument being "weak" again you're only projecting because I checked you're numbers and not only is your sample based on bad data but you're defending it beyond logic. You do realize that the percentage that you spit out several posts ago included anyone online whether they're playing online or not. You also neglected to show the numbers for all the other modes to create a base measurement so you could get an idea of where things stack up. I'll keep posting the numbers I find, we shall see who has a weak argument after there is a weeks worth of data.

Covert-OPs_ ]
SnowBud ]

I have proven my point as have others. You argument was weak from the get go and it still holds no water no matter how you want to put your twist on it.

How can one be satisfied when the numbers you provided are not even total players actually playing? You're dealing with dummy numbers, you sound like a politician trying to misrepresent facts.

Like I said in my last post I'll continue to provide COMPLETE numbers in the window that I mentioned. As for my argument being "weak" again you're only projecting because I checked you're numbers and not only is your sample based on bad data but you're defending it beyond logic. You do realize that the percentage that you spit out several posts ago included anyone online whether they're playing online or not. You also neglected to show the numbers for all the other modes to create a base measurement so you could get an idea of where things stack up. I'll keep posting the numbers I find, we shall see who has a weak argument after there is a weeks worth of data.

Oh thank god someone who is smarter than all the rest of us is going to post the numbers. What a load off my shoulders I wasn't sure what I was going to do with all these numbers... Surely I was going to run out of fingers and toes before I figured it all out. Thank you covert I look forward to your mathematician style accounting of COD online player numbers. ::)

Crusty_Demons ]
Covert-OPs_ ]
SnowBud ]

Oh thank god someone who is smarter than all the rest of us is going to post the numbers. What a load off my shoulders I wasn't sure what I was going to do with all these numbers... Surely I was going to run out of fingers and toes before I figured it all out. Thank you covert I look forward to your mathematician style accounting of COD online player numbers. ::)

I can appreciate the sarcasm, I'm just doing what the original poster of these "facts" asked me to do. You can skip my posts Crusty, I'd hate to bore you....probably too late for that though.

5:30PM EST

Total Players Online(not necessarily in-game) - 321120

Total Players in Playlist(in-game) - 240094

TDM - 88905

MERC TDM - 17205

Free For All - 25826

Ground War - 18621

Domination - 19308

Demo - 5945

Sabotage - 5289

HQ Pro - 12284

S&D - 7390

CTF - 3408

3rd Person Tactical & 3rd Person Cage - 5326

HC S&D - 4235

HC TDM - 11382

TDM Express - 9500

Mosh - 5470

When you look at the numbers for sabotage, demolition, capture the flag, Hardcore Search & Destroy, Mosh you can see that 3rd person although it's not in the realm of the Death Match modes it is right there with the rest of the mainstay. When you combine Death Match modes you can see that the only OVERWHELMING number from this is that people like to play that one mode over anything else. Maybe UF should just go with that and throw out all other modes as well? Anyway I'll make sure to put numbers up again tonight...I'm sure Crusty will love that.

234,768 First Person

5,326 Third Person Combined

The numbers are the numbers let's not try to twist them to make them look like they are close.

TDM express and TDM are the same exact thing just express has no intermission. Mosh Pit is a bunch of modes all combined in one lobby. Ground war is TDM and Domination just with larger numbers. Merc TDM and TDM are the same thing except Merc TDM doesn't allow parties. I agree with you there is some interest in the third person aspect but let's not make the leap to say the numbers are even in the same ballpark.

seriously WTF is wrong with you guys? the fact that you guys are having such a long discussion about this is ridiculous.

but since we im already posting i will add something to it...

covert... the fact that you are combining the 2 TPS game modes as one to valid your point makes you look like trying to push or mislead people into thinking that its a one game mode with the same amount of players than any other. if you combine any two of the FPS modes you''ll see that the amount of players will probably double the amount of TPS combined. So TPS game modes ARE ( cause it's not one it's two game modes) not right there with the "mainstay"

but on your favor i will add that it's not fair to use any FPS modes against the TPS ones cause of the amount of # number of players able to join a lobby in those game modes. team tactical only allow 4 player teams while cage match allows only 2 players total, while any other game mode on FPS allows 8+. This could be added to the debate in your favor as a reason for why there are less players on TPS, so until team tactical and cage match are available in FPS we wont be able to now for FACT where the TPS in MW2 stands unless we did a survey and count the numbers.

and now i will add my opinion.. i think most players do prefer FPS in MW2, most of the people i've talk or have mentioned TPS say that they dont like it.

but! to help a little with this debate lets make it interesting and hear the voice of UF members.

here you go:

http://www.urgentfury.com/uf_forum/index.php?topic=20602.0

Hellraiser ]

seriously WTF is wrong with you guys? the fact that you guys are having such a long discussion about this is ridiculous.

but since we im already posting i will add something to it...

covert... the fact that you are combining the 2 TPS game modes as one to valid your point makes you look like trying to push or mislead people into thinking that its a one game mode with the same amount of players than any other. if you combine any two of the FPS modes you''ll see that the amount of players will probably double the amount of TPS combined. So TPS game modes ARE ( cause it's not one it's two game modes) not right there with the "mainstay"

but on your favor i will add that it's not fair to use any FPS modes against the TPS ones cause of the amount of # number of players able to join a lobby in those game modes. team tactical only allow 4 player teams while cage match allows only 2 players total, while any other game mode on FPS allows 8+. This could be added to the debate in your favor as a reason for why there are less players on TPS, so until team tactical and cage match are available in FPS we wont be able to now for FACT where the TPS in MW2 stands unless we did a survey and count the numbers.

and now i will add my opinion.. i think most players do prefer FPS in MW2, most of the people i've talk or have mentioned TPS say that they dont like it.

but! to help a little with this debate lets make it interesting and hear the voice of UF members.

here you go:

http://www.urgentfury.com/uf_forum/index.php?topic=20602.0

I'm not doing anything to validate my point, the original statement was in reference to 3rd person modes. How can I not combine those? Are they not all the people that are interested in that perspective? It's like if someone said that Search & Destroy wasn't popular, wouldn't you combine all the numbers for S&D so that you can see how many people like some variation of that particular game mode?

Crusty_Demons ]

234,768 First Person

5,326 Third Person Combined

The numbers are the numbers let's not try to twist them to make them look like they are close.

TDM express and TDM are the same exact thing just express has no intermission. Mosh Pit is a bunch of modes all combined in one lobby. Ground war is TDM and Domination just with larger numbers. Merc TDM and TDM are the same thing except Merc TDM doesn't allow parties. I agree with you there is some interest in the third person aspect but let's not make the leap to say the numbers are even in the same ballpark.

Who is twisting anything? It's really simple there are as many if not more people playing some variation of 3rd person as Sabotage, Demolition, Search & Destroy and Mosh consistently. I don't need to twist anything the numbers are right here in black and white. When Snow says "overwhelming majority" that makes me think that every other mode is far and away higher. And from what I can see so far it's the TDM modes and Ground War that are the "overwhelming majority".

Anyway, it's now 10:24pm est and this is what I see:

Total Online - 248815

Actually Playing - 183193

TDM - 65515

Merc TDM - 14217

FFA - 18275

Domination - 13709

GW - 17075

Demo - 4415

Sabotage - 3685

HQ Pro - 8170

S&D - 4708

CTF - 2977

3rd Person Tactical - 2488

3rd Person Cage - 1704

Combined 3rd Person - 4192

HC S&D - 2774

HC TDM - 8851

TDM Express - 8677

Most - 4009

Hellraiser ]

if you combine any two of the FPS modes you''ll see that the amount of players will probably double the amount of TPS combined. So TPS game modes ARE ( cause it's not one it's two game modes) not right there with the "mainstay"

That logic would apply if we were talking about a "game mode" but since we're discussing the perspective there is no other way to gather any data. Otherwise it would be impossible to substantiate Snow's claim either.

Hellraiser ]and now i will add my opinion.. i think most players do prefer FPS in MW2

The games roots are in FPS so I expect nothing less, I have not said at any point that I have the delusion that MORE people are playing 3rd person. Only that I believe there is strong interest in that perspective of gaming.

Covert-OPs_ ]
Hellraiser ]

if you combine any two of the FPS modes you''ll see that the amount of players will probably double the amount of TPS combined. So TPS game modes ARE ( cause it's not one it's two game modes) not right there with the "mainstay"

That logic would apply if we were talking about a "game mode" but since we're discussing the perspective there is no other way to gather any data. Otherwise it would be impossible to substantiate Snow's claim either.

well then in that case the debate is about FPS view vs TPS view and using your latest numbers:

there ratio of FPS/TPS is : 179,001/ 4,192

since we are talking about perspective then there are 179,001 people playing FPS against only 4,192 playing TPS.

i will go ahead and add that 179,000 beats the crap out of Socom's online players.