Modern Warfare 2 has Third Person.!!!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SnowBud ]
Nikastylez ]

Don't really know what all the fuss is about. MW2 is a FPS game. Period.

Unless your the kind of person that enjoys arguing I don't know how anyone could come to any different conclusion.

Thats funny.. i know of a 3rd person quad tourney for MW2.

But i guess i do enjoy arguing. :P

Hellraiser ]
Covert-OPs_ ]
Hellraiser ]

if you combine any two of the FPS modes you''ll see that the amount of players will probably double the amount of TPS combined. So TPS game modes ARE ( cause it's not one it's two game modes) not right there with the "mainstay"

That logic would apply if we were talking about a "game mode" but since we're discussing the perspective there is no other way to gather any data. Otherwise it would be impossible to substantiate Snow's claim either.

well then in that case the debate is about FPS view vs TPS view and using your latest numbers:

there ratio of FPS/TPS is : 179,001/ 4,192

since we are talking about perspective then there are 179,001 people playing FPS against only 4,192 playing TPS.

i will go ahead and add that 179,000 beats the crap out of Socom's online players.

When you compare the playlist categories that fall into the same party restrictions 3rd person is equal if not higher than those offerings.

As far as Socom is concerned I don't know that the Confrontation numbers give an accurate comparison. I for one can't stand Socom Confrontation and only played it over the last few months so that TOU could participate in UF Black and to get us squared away for MW2.

SnowBud ]
Nikastylez ]

Unless your the kind of person that enjoys arguing I don't know how anyone could come to any different conclusion.

There are 2 votes for 3rd person exclusively and 9 for both in comparison to 18 for 1st person exclusively. Those numbers support what I've been saying all along. There is an interest in 3rd person , anyone would be a FOOL to expect for more people to want 3rd person. However for there to be more than half of the votes interested in both or exclusively for 3rd person says a lot about what people would want to see from an event on this game.

Do these results mean that the UF community want a mixed event that offers both?

Covert-OPs_ ]
Hellraiser ]
Covert-OPs_ ]
Hellraiser ]

if you combine any two of the FPS modes you''ll see that the amount of players will probably double the amount of TPS combined. So TPS game modes ARE ( cause it's not one it's two game modes) not right there with the "mainstay"

That logic would apply if we were talking about a "game mode" but since we're discussing the perspective there is no other way to gather any data. Otherwise it would be impossible to substantiate Snow's claim either.

well then in that case the debate is about FPS view vs TPS view and using your latest numbers:

there ratio of FPS/TPS is : 179,001/ 4,192

since we are talking about perspective then there are 179,001 people playing FPS against only 4,192 playing TPS.

i will go ahead and add that 179,000 beats the crap out of Socom's online players.

When you compare the playlist categories that fall into the same party restrictions 3rd person is equal if not higher than those offerings.

only cause you are combining the two TPS playlists..

obviously there is no way to get through you, and i really think this discussion is gone long enough.. so im done here.

Chili-Palmer ]
SnowBud ]
Nikastylez ]

quad tourney? where?

wow.....you guys are having fun in here..

I voted in the poll that I enjoy both 3rd and 1st person..

One thing I think IW did was they made 3rd person view a pretty good fit..I enjoy playing it.I play both and would enjoy UF to have a FPS and TPS tournament here....cause one thing that is sweet is playing TPS one on one on Rust:)

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
Chili-Palmer ]
SnowBud ]
Nikastylez ]

quad tourney? where?

:-X

I like 3rd person in general but dislike IW's approach at it this year.

- It feels clunky

- The camera angle is more over the shoulder than true 3rd person

- 3rd person modes completely takes away the run&gun feel I like about MW2

I think it would be a fun thing to have in a Black environment but I hope we stick with FPS for future TacMaps or whatever big tournies UF has planned for the game.