Will Socom DLC keep gamers from MW2?

Im sure that the hardcore Socomers will eat up all of the rehash maps that Slant Six is putting out.

But, Im thinking that given the amount of hype currently surrounding MW2, and the chance that it will probably live up to its expectations,( considering how well the first one did) that this game will draw a massive amount of gamers away from socom.

Again, call me bitter, but I still cant understand the argument of "(insert game here) isnt socom".

Lets face it... Socom Confrontation was NOT socom. They've patched the hell out of it trying to make it the socom that we all knew and loved, but Socom was done on the PS2 if you look back at "socom" and what it was back then

Personally Socom, the game itself is such a small part of what made the game great(in my opinion)... Socom introduced alot of us to organized tactical game play , and the ability to communicate with our friends on line. Both about actual tactics, and just shooting the breeze.

No other game will be "like socom" because true socomers cant seem to ever look past their blatant love of the game, flaws and all.

Yet, with the market now saturated with First Person Shooters, some of which are mediocre at best... none the less, there are very good tactical shooter ALTERNATIVES to socom.

Yes, their first person, and yes, their NOT socom.. but for christ sake... A good portion of them are games that are designed better, have better support behind the scenes, and provide a very satisfactory gaming experience for those of us who enjoy shooters.

I hated First Person shooters while I played Socom.. But in retrospect, its because I sucked at it, since I wasnt used to it. After playing a few.. it becomes completely normal, and its all about what you're used to.

I know this sounds like another socom rant, but the facts still remain.. Even after all the patches, and people constantly saying "its not as bad now" or "they fixed it"... I still think that Socom died when It was given to Slant six...

You know it's nothing against you personally, Neo. Every day or maybe every other day, there is the same shit posted. It just get's old. Just like it always got old when the fanboys went out of their way to slam the x-boxers on that board.

:-\

BigMoneyNacku ]

Oh look, another I hate socom thread. ::)

Yes, MW2 will take alot of gunners away. I still think they will return when the staleness of MW kicks in again. Just like the last time.

I don't know if MW2 will have the same stale effect as MW1 had. It was quite apparent that Infinity Ward started working on MW2 right away. They quit supporting MW1. Sure they released one map pack for MW1, but that was it.

The only reason they paid any attention to it recently, was because a major hack was discovered. Which, after being posted EVERYWHERE, was fixed within a week or two. Unlike Slant 6, and you can't deny that fact.

So with that being said, I believe that IW will stay focused on MW2 for quite sometime after its release. Plus you have to take into effect that its has a single player version, and online co-op version, and a MP version with 17 maps to start with. So, its quite possible it won't have that "stale" feeling to it anytime soon. I wouldn't doubt if you see about 3-4 DLC's released for this game. After its said and done, I'll probably end up spending over $100.

MW2 will definitely take me away from SOCOM. If it wasn't for Ravenfall, I would give it up completely. No doubt about it. There would be no way in hell I would give Slant 6 a dime for any DLC. But, be it as it may, I'm dedicated to RVN and they aren't giving up on it, so neither will I.

BigMoneyNacku ]

You know it's nothing against you personally, Neo. Every day or maybe every other day, there is the same shit posted. It just get's old. Just like it always got old when the fanboys went out of their way to slam the x-boxers on that board. :-\

I hear Money, but I think some of us think its crazy that you guys support this game hands down because it has the name SOCOM on it. The game is garbage, SOCOM or not, its complete garbage.

And when MW2 was talked about or MAG, the first post started coming in..."Its crap, its a FPS", "No tactics involved, its a FPS, its an arcade game". You might as well have just said, "Its not SOCOM, so I'm not interested."

I will play both. And its not FPS that bothers me about Cod its the respawn. No respawn round based gameplay is how I prefer my competitive multiplayer experience. And yes I know Cod has one gamemode like that but thats it just one. S&D is just like breach to me, its fun to play but it gets boring if thats all you play. Plus I know you can make a private room and play sabotage with no respawn etc. but what if not enough people are on for that? Plus most likely only a clan would play that way. You cant play real competitive that way if your just playing against your clan. But to each his own.

I haven't put Socom in my ps3 in over a month an i have to say i haven't missed it one bit. I can honestly say i have more fun hoping onto COD4 once an awhile playing the MAG beta an messing around with single player games. I don't hate on socom i mean i got my moneys worth an that more then i can say for alot of games its just when MW2 comes out an anyone whose a someone will be playing it i don't alot of hope for socom.

IRISH BULL ]

I hear Money, but I think some of us think its crazy that you guys support this game hands down because it has the name SOCOM on it. The game is garbage, SOCOM or not, its complete garbage.

That's bullshit. But to each his own, right?

Just get over the fact that some of us "crazies" still support the game and stop bashing anyone that posts they still love it. I don't support the game because of the name alone. I support it because there STILL isn't anything out that compares. Yeah, I know, blah, blah COD has HC, blah, blah, you can turn respawn off, blah, blah more people play, blah, blah, you can make it tactical, blah, blah, blah. I never said COD isn't a fun game. The single player is fantastic. The fact remains, that alot of us don't care for COD game style and how repetitive it gets.

IMO, any "team" game that one person can single handedly win rounds at will is NOT a clan based, tactical shooter. That is why I don't like it. I can list off 30 guys here on UF alone that I've played MW with that can put up 30+ kills a game, every game and win the map solo.

BigMoneyNacku ]
IRISH BULL ]

That's bullshit. But to each his own, right?

Just get over the fact that some of us "crazies" still support the game and stop bashing anyone that posts they still love it. I don't support the game because of the name alone. I support it because there STILL isn't anything out that compares. Yeah, I know, blah, blah COD has HC, blah, blah, you can turn respawn off, blah, blah more people play, blah, blah, you can make it tactical, blah, blah, blah. I never said COD isn't a fun game. The single player is fantastic. The fact remains, that alot of us don't care for COD game style and how repetitive it gets.

IMO, any "team" game that one person can single handedly win rounds at will is NOT a clan based, tactical shooter. That is why I don't like it. I can list off 30 guys here on UF alone that I've played MW with that can put up 30+ kills a game, every game and win the map solo.

I never called you guys crazy, I said "its" crazy. But if it sounded that why, I apologize. I guess I get so upset with this whole SOCOM debate because it actually makes me mad that they have more than 300 people logged on. I truly believe they ripped us off. The released an unfinished broken game and took my money without blinking an eye.

So when I see, as of this post, over 8900 logged on, it pisses me off. To me its like supporting their crime by ignoring that fact that they released a piece of crap. Which, in all honesty, wouldn't be as bad if they would have fixed by now...over a year later.

So, with that being said, I'm done with this debate. Your absolutely right. Each to his own. MW2 comes out in about 10 days, and I won't care then.

See ya online Money, hope no hard feelings bro.

IRISH BULL ]

I guess I get so upset with this whole SOCOM debate because it actually makes me mad that they have more than 300 people logged on. I truly believe they ripped us off. The released an unfinished broken game and took my money without blinking an eye.

Thats really the biggest reason for why I feel like Slant Six killed socom.

We beta tested their bullshit.. and they gave us nothing in return.

DLC?! .. please, thats a fucking joke, and a sad attempt to keep people playing their game.

I'm in total agreement with Irish. My gaming time has gone way down because of lack of anything BUT sodumb. I feel cheated by slantsix and sony for this crappy product, but they are fully aware that this is one of the only industries besides the music industry where they can release pure crap and retain a loyal fanbase.

I will NOT be buying the DLC, and I may play socom more than other games until something better comes out, but they will not get another dime out of me. And shame on you fanboys who keep them in business and ENCOURAGE them to release crap like this by buying half-assed add-ons, etc.

I mean seriously...if you go to a restaurant and order a steak and it comes out half raw and covered in ketchup...would you eat it, and then pay for seconds? Hopefully you're not THAT stupid.

So please...don't let them get away with squeezing more money out of the idiots than necessary, because then other companies would half-ass their games and we'd get screwed left and right (you know...kind of like paying 19.99 for a music CD with one good song).

Pathogen- ]

I mean seriously...if you go to a restaurant and order a steak and it comes out half raw and covered in ketchup...would you eat it' date=' and then pay for seconds? Hopefully you're not THAT stupid.

[/quote']

If i enjoyed the steak, and thought that the second helping was a better use of my hard earned money than other alternatives, why not order it? Who are you or anyone else to tell me what I should or shouldn't buy? I know that I'm not stupid enough to think that I know what someone else should or shouldn't do when it comes to their discretionary income. If you don't feel like the Socom DLC is a worthwhile purchase for you, don't buy it. But don't ridicule others who make the fully-informed decision to buy it.

i seriously think the game is fine now...yeah the nades still suck.flashbangs wont work and the damn headshots are annoying as fuck...but i dont feel the game is broken...everything works for me.

my only issues with this game and why i think ill play the shit out of MW2 is the damn corner camping shit which is all thanks to TPS and the fact that this game is getting stale for me.. im sick of the same maps, same game modes same camping spots.. i will buy the dlc cause i do like tha game.. but im just getting tired of the same thing... its being a year guys.

im with hellraiser i love the game just sick of the same old shit. Yea mw2 will be awesome ,yea fps keep the corner campin out and is different. But I am not a fan of fps im not a fan of the run in gun im not a fan of the people sittin in corners waitin for people to run by. Im not a fan of the perks or others havin better stuff then me. Im not a fan of the spawn camping. ill get mw2 for the campaign only same as i did for the first one. Yea slant six sucks what else is new its not the game with socom written on it its the bonds i have on it and have made through its all about RPD for me same as irish is for rvn its all about the clans. and mw2 just doesnt have that charm to it no matter what. Yea i hate forkin my money over to slant six and i know its not new maps. But i do love playin the maps of old and a new style. there will always be someone somewhere to complain about something. so no mw2 will not take me away from socom. socom has been my home for years and it will remain my home its the reason i payed 300 for a ps3 not mw and i stick to that cause i still get many joys from playing the game even though its broken.

I think the game is fine also. The nades need to be more affective. But the fact of the matter is, it is boring. When the new DLC comes out I will probably buy it to stay in line with the clan, plus it should be interesting again.

This game didn't keep me glued like S2 and S3/CA. That is a simple fact. While MW was great, it is somewhat boring also and the fact that a room ends the instant the host leaves makes this game hard to play for me.

I play SOCOM to get on and just play. On CoD:MW with a host leaving every 5 fucking minutes it is hard to not just shut everything down. Which is the reason that Host Migration will be the best feature of the new Modern Warfare.

It is simple I will still buy MW2 because i think it will be the superior game, I will play SOCOM becasue that is my game. Plain and straight forward.

meauxpack ]
Pathogen- ]

I mean seriously...if you go to a restaurant and order a steak and it comes out half raw and covered in ketchup...would you eat it' date=' and then pay for seconds? Hopefully you're not THAT stupid.

[/quote']

If i enjoyed the steak, and thought that the second helping was a better use of my hard earned money than other alternatives, why not order it? Who are you or anyone else to tell me what I should or shouldn't buy? I know that I'm not stupid enough to think that I know what someone else should or shouldn't do when it comes to their discretionary income. If you don't feel like the Socom DLC is a worthwhile purchase for you, don't buy it. But don't ridicule others who make the fully-informed decision to buy it.

I exercise my right, as a fellow fully informed consumer, to call you stupid :P

I have a few points to touch on here. First of all I have a man crush on Neo-X. ;) Secondly I really am getting tired of this age old (or a few months) argument of Call of Duty and 1st person shooters versus Socom Confrontation. Everybody loves the game they love period. Because I come on here and say Socom blows doesn't mean I'm going to change anyone's mind about it. "Oh well shit Prane said it sucks, he might be right, so I better quit." To each his own gentlemen. I have not and will not every touch Confrontation again. I will be the first in line for Socom 4 from Zipper. Confrontation is lame to me not only because of the aforementioned reasons, but because I love Socom single player. Co-op on CA was one of the greatest things ever made. With that said I'm done getting involved in these arguments because nobody is going to change their opinions on anything. So bye bye confrontation boys I'm off to the Promised land(CODMW2) until Socom 4. At that time you may see my cute butt online teamkilling you once again. ;D

WiZ ]

"Will Socom DLC keep gamers from MW2?"

Nope

I agree.

There are still things in the manual that aren't in the game... :'(

After playing COD4 for hell week and trying to play socom, it's night and day for me. I understand they are two different games, but COD is so much more fun imo. I'll definately be getting socom4 but I think I'll be done with confrontation for a while.

how can people say they rushed socom. my god it cam out over a year later then it originally said. and still is a beta version game a year or so later. whats wierd is that COD4's graphics are way more cleaner and sharper then socom. it wasn't until i went back and picked up cod again that i really noticed the difference.

this bad version of socom will never see my PS3 again after MW2, hell cod4 is better then that game. thats what im playing now. ;)

It's still a One, Two Punch at Socom....

MW2 and then MAG a few months later by Zipper.

These games are way expensive for me. I even pay for Internet at home for only the PS3 as I have no computer in the house. So for me to justify paying these bills the game needs to be great. Like the earlier Socoms the one that was most current never left my PS2. And I rarely bought other games. I would rent everything else.

Confrontation wasn't like that for me. There are things I like and a lot of things I don't. And really because of all the problems early on I think just made it to where I never got into the game. I log on to play and sometimes I can't even load the game because it freezes. Then I'm not very good at the game because i never have gotten into it and so most of the time I'm sitting and watching everyone else play. So the only way I can play and not stay in the dead pool is to pick the most Noob tube gun I can figure out. Then I feel like a noob even more then I am.

Then whats up with this tournament thing they added. I have to wait for the clan leader to enter his squad into the current tournament to get to play. Why would you not have it to where if I was to enter a tournament I can join one on my own?

I never got to participate in a UF tournament because of Socom confrontation as well. The last one I got to play in was a COD4 one. And anyone who was in that tournament knows how fun that was. It was white knuckle the whole time.

But anyways... MW2 and then MAG is my future... I'll probably never take MAG out of the PS3.