Heads up on future best buy purchases

Hey, wanted to give you guys a heads up when you buy stuff from best buy paticularly electronics. Me and a couple friends have all made purchases from best buy in the past week and noticed a trend. Heres a list and the defects we found.

1) friend bought a brand new psp took it home to find that half the pixels were burnt out and it had already been updated to the the current update(obvious show that it had been used)

2) I bought a new ps3 controller and upon opening it at home found a large crack running down the right side of the controller.

3) New Ipod bought with 200 songs already on it(never heard of an ipod coming preloaded with songs might just be me)

4) Me mum bought batteries of all things and a couple of them were dead.

Idk if its just Reallllllly bad stream of luck for us here in RI but i dont think so make sure you keep your reciepts cant believe this shit is happening from best buy of all places id expect this kind of thing from some grungy store

i went to best buy when i got ps3 controller, and got the blacktie protection plan for like 15 extra bucks. i love it. ive returned like 3 controllers in the period of one week due to some malfunction(i broke them, or the buttons were starting to stick). and i never once got any flack, and it cost me nothing. i went in once and was like, ya i bought this last year, but i still got the warrenty and i want a colored one.... BAM just like that im in and out. i luvvvv it.

COWonCRACK ]

i went to best buy when i got ps3 controller, and got the blacktie protection plan for like 15 extra bucks. i love it. ive returned like 3 controllers in the period of one week due to some malfunction(i broke them, or the buttons were starting to stick). and i never once got any flack, and it cost me nothing. i went in once and was like, ya i bought this last year, but i still got the warrenty and i want a colored one.... BAM just like that im in and out. i luvvvv it.

not lookin to get into a debate about it just givin a heads up ppl shouldnt have to put 15 down just to assure they have no trouble

• Directors

I read an article some few months ago about best buy getting busted for reselling returns. also had to do with fake PS3s being returned for new ones and that bestbuy doesnt check returns before re selling them. look it up

200 free songs could be cool. :)

I have had my bad experiences with Best Buy, but overall i still like buying stuff from them.

I had the replacement plan on a PS2, and when they sent me the gift card to buy a new one it got stolen in the mail & they never belived me & never sent me another one..

So i am a little hesitant to buy the replacement plan anymore.

I'm going to Best Buy to pick up a new laptop.. Right Now.!!

John ]

I read an article some few months ago about best buy getting busted for reselling returns. also had to do with fake PS3s being returned for new ones and that bestbuy doesnt check returns before re selling them. look it up

yea john thats exactly what I'm talkin about and there's jack shit people can do about it. like im not gonna go pay money for something just to have to turn around and take it back for another because they're bein cheap and reselling it for new... I mean shit there was nothing new about the controller i bought last week

Best Buy has a company called 2nd Turn that they use to sell all of there returns. They take the returns and repair them or not and resell them through there website or eBay. They are huge on ebay just look for 2nd turn or even just shop for a PS3 chances are you'll find them just that way.

The 2nd Turn company is as crooked and dishonest as they can be. They have a huge amount of Negative Feedback and they don't give a shit. Which makes me think that Best Buy operates the same way.

Well their warrant program is this bomb. My sister in law dropped my camera which was almost out of its 3 year warranty9% WEEKS). My brother bought it for me so I went up there with the broken camera,gave them his phone # and voila NEW CAMERA. I also renewed it For 3 more years for 15 bucks. Its a 300$ camera. Just remeber to renew that warranty before it runs out guys.

Well I hope my shit doesnt break now. I got my PS3, eye, controllers, laptop, camera, speaker system and just monday I bought a new printer/scanner/copier. I have warranties on all the above but I've never had anything go wron (knock on wood) with any of them. I'd be pissed if any of that happened to me.

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

Idk if its just Reallllllly bad stream of luck for us here in RI but i dont think so make sure you keep your reciepts cant believe this shit is happening from best buy of all places id expect this kind of thing from some grungy store

I love Best Buy.....best thing that could have ever happened to me and my PS3.

LOL.....oh, the free stuff you can get from stupid people....lol