Call of Duty 4 Multiplayer

Not sure if these notes were posted elsewhere on this forum, but I was reading up on the game (PS3) due out in November and came across some cool notes for the multiplayer online portion. Some of these sound pretty intriguing.

"The single-player game alone makes Call of Duty 4 seem very promising, but toss in the multiplayer and it becomes even more impressive. After all, Infinity Ward has built up quite a reputation for multiplayer. The developers note that the Call of Duty games are among the most popular on Xbox Live, and that Call of Duty 2 was the most popular multiplayer game on the Xbox 360 for almost a year. Modern Warfare won't just be Call of Duty 2 multiplayer with new maps and weapons; there are also a ton of new features designed to improve accessibility, community participation, and persistence. Perhaps the most intriguing new feature is the create-a-class ability, which lets you create your own custom soldier, armed with different weapons and equipment, depending on what you've unlocked. Even better are new special abilities that add an almost role-playing-like aspect to the game. There are potentially dozens of special abilities, but you can choose only one or two at any given time, so it becomes a matter of choice. For instance, there's last stand, which gives you a few seconds after you're killed to pull out and use the pistol to shoot the person who got you. Heavy endurance will let you sprint farther, and fast reload will let you reload faster. Or there's martyrdom, which automatically drops a live grenade if you die. Perhaps the nastiest one we heard of lets you eavesdrop on the other team's voice communications. "

There are 4 custom load outs that you can create. Each can have "perks" more suitable to your playing style or particular map your on. Tow, if you go to our website and click on the Call of Duty4 section all of these perks are listed and demonstrated. They are also on Gametrailers.com.

Several of our clan was on the beta and loved it. The latest video shows PS3 players online and playing. Looks like a great game.

I have all the perk videos posted on our site listed as "features". Click here and enjoy:

http://www.illgamers.com/forums/index.php?board=47.0

HippieChik ]

They make me nauseous just to look at ... literally ... I get motion sickness.

I used to feel that way to until Call of Duty2 on the 360. Its the first FPS that didnt make me feel trapped. And to be honest, there isnt any other FPS game I like playing.

HippieChik ]

Unfortunately it looks like a first person shooter, so I won't be playing that one.

And it sounds like alot of the games for the PS3 are first person shooters.  BOO!

They make me nauseous just to look at ... literally ... I get motion sickness.

I'm going to give it a try, Chick.

And if you're adamant about not playing it, Socom Confrontation looks to keep the sacred 3rd person alive and well for ya.

I did put up a video of this for the 360 (the beta) when it was up, of me getting owned by some people. I'm not the biggest fan of FPS but I fell in love with the beta. I think it's awesome. I like last stand because, even though you're going to die either way, you can still pick off some people who are totally blind and don't see you lying on the floor.

UNCLE-SID25 ]

I was watching a vid clip of what that looks like- You get killed.. Then 1-2 seconds later while you are lying on the ground you can shoot people with your pistol- Until someone hits you anywhere with 1 shot. To prevent this you could unload a clip in a guy to "make sure he is dead" lol

Its on the PS3 as well as the 360

sounds a little better i guess.....i would have to play it ???

UNCLE-SID25 ]

I was watching a vid clip of what that looks like- You get killed.. Then 1-2 seconds later while you are lying on the ground you can shoot people with your pistol- Until someone hits you anywhere with 1 shot. To prevent this you could unload a clip in a guy to "make sure he is dead" lol

What happens is: You get shot and like usual, your health goes down and screen darker. Once you're "killed" you basically see your screen fall to the ground and you're lying on the floor. You have almost no health and you can feel your heartbeat in the controller and hear your character breathing. It doesn't happen 1-2 seconds later. It happens right away and you just automatically go into Last Stand. (unless you're shot in the head)

-ChurcH- ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

What happens is: You get shot and like usual, your health goes down and screen darker. Once you're "killed" you basically see your screen fall to the ground and you're lying on the floor. You have almost no health and you can feel your heartbeat in the controller and hear your character breathing. It doesn't happen 1-2 seconds later. It happens right away and you just automatically go into Last Stand. (unless you're shot in the head)

Didn't they get rid of the rumble feature in the PS3 controler?

Sounds like an interesting game, but I'll stick with Socom.

Guest umerfonz
Renix ]

So are they remakeing the PS3?

The controller, yes. Not the PS3 in it's entirety.

There is a list online as well where all the games are listed that will get the rumble feature.

a-lot of it sounds silly at least the being able to kill some one once you die

but i dont have a 360 so let me know how it is???? :-[

No its not silly at all.. It's actually kind of realistic.!

If you got shot 3 times in the leg, & shoulder, wouldn't you try to shoot the guy who just shot you.!?

I believe you don't get a "last stand" if you get shot in the head. & it only lasts for 10 seconds.

My opinion was it was hardly worth using, but thats probably because my aim is so bad.. i wasn't getting the revenge/kills.

Plus with all of the other "perks" & you only get to use 3 at a time i would probably use other ones.

Renix ]

hmmmm.... it all sounds interesting, and I've been talking with a friend that has played the beta.  I think it's definatly a game worth looking into.  But the first person veiw will take some getting used to.

It definitely does take some getting used to.. but i played it & other FPS to see if they felt different, & other FPS (Battlefield, etc) felt much more closed in.

CoD4 is still FPS, just not as bad as most.

The game play itself makes you forget all about it.. except that you will keep trying to back out of it ..lol

Chili-Palmer ]
Renix ]

hmmmm.... it all sounds interesting, and I've been talking with a friend that has played the beta.  I think it's definatly a game worth looking into.  But the first person veiw will take some getting used to.

It definitely does take some getting used to.. but i played it & other FPS to see if they felt different, & other FPS (Battlefield, etc) felt much more closed in.

CoD4 is still FPS, just not as bad as most.

The game play itself makes you forget all about it.. except that you will keep trying to back out of it ..lol

lol yeah, the last FPS I played was Golden Eye for the N64.

The multiplayer on that game was addicting if you could find people to play with you. ;D