over 8,000 players on MW2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nemesis ]

18 year old Cyber Pirate already got arrested.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/06/police-arrest-a-modern-warfare-2-cyber-pirate-in-miami/

lol he was trying to make cracked copies... thats funny......I have two friends that already have the game, and I played it online already...Its awsome, plain and simple.....socom no more, I am sooo gonna be on MW2 now:)!

I have a review up on my clan forums here and I'll be updating it throughout the weekend for everyone. The most important thing for me so far is that the game feels WAY MORE tactical. Oh and all you "hardcore" junkies from COD4 you'll be pleased to hear that regular rooms have the same kill system that "hardcore" had on COD4. I'm only ranked 10 so far so I can't see what "hardcore" is all about just yet. But by tomorrow I should have the info and will update that thread I linked.

I'm about to upload some images to my clan's sever and will have them in that thread as well. I think you all are going to be really happy with MW2.

yeah there is alot of people playing already......you can get it on ebay, craigslist, and alot of the 7-11 gas stations are selling it early...

Could you get in trouble if you got a legitimate copy at a 7-11 prior to 11/10? I mean, if the clerk mistakenly sold you a copy before the release date, is that your fault?

I checked with the 7-11 across the street from where I worked and they don't sell video games. She said only certain states and certain 7-11's carry games.

Because I know, no offense to the girl working, but I bet she would have sold it to me if they had copies. Just because they are a 7-11 and wouldn't know any better.

Covert-OPs_ ]

I have a review up on my clan forums here and I'll be updating it throughout the weekend for everyone. The most important thing for me so far is that the game feels WAY MORE tactical. Oh and all you "hardcore" junkies from COD4 you'll be pleased to hear that regular rooms have the same kill system that "hardcore" had on COD4. I'm only ranked 10 so far so I can't see what "hardcore" is all about just yet. But by tomorrow I should have the info and will update that thread I linked.

I'm about to upload some images to my clan's sever and will have them in that thread as well. I think you all are going to be really happy with MW2.

I enjoyed the Review covert. I am anticipating this game more then I thought.

BTW did anyone pre-order the Prestige edition?

xRed0ctobeRx ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

Actually so am I(enjoying it I mean), like I said in my review it's more tactical than I would have thought. It's still an "arcade shooter" but they've slowed down the character movement and made it a little harder for people to use their kill streaks.

My biggest problem with the game is the use of radar, which I plan on posting today when I update my post. I would say that over 50% of my deaths so far are from people that see me on there stop going the way they were headed and turn and wait by the door I'm going to come through. I think it takes away from the game because they're playing the radar not the game. And then throw in the addition of the heart sensor attachment and you have the complete noob package.

*As for resetting stats I haven't read that anywhere, can you please provide a link*

Covert-OPs_ ]

*As for resetting stats I haven't read that anywhere, can you please provide a link*

Here is one article, but just about every gaming news website posted something about this. BTW, can you tell us how you obtained a copy. lol

http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/02/mw2-multiplayer-leaderboards-to-be-reset-before-launch/

Infinity Ward’s Rob Bowling has tweeted that Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer will get a leaderboard reset for anyone who has the game already.

It is to make sure no one has an unfair advantage before the game is released next Tuesday.

“It definitely looks like a full leaderboard / level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages,†said Bowling.

There you have it, kids.

xRed0ctobeRx ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

I did!! ;D

IRISH BULL ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

Here is one article, but just about every gaming news website posted something about this. BTW, can you tell us how you obtained a copy. lol

http://www.vg247.com/2009/11/02/mw2-multiplayer-leaderboards-to-be-reset-before-launch/

Infinity Ward’s Rob Bowling has tweeted that Modern Warfare 2’s multiplayer will get a leaderboard reset for anyone who has the game already.

It is to make sure no one has an unfair advantage before the game is released next Tuesday.

“It definitely looks like a full leaderboard / level reset is in order just before the release date to ensure no unfair advantages,†said Bowling.

There you have it, kids.

I can't get into specifics on how I purchased a few copies unfortunately. I did update my OP HERE with what I think is wrong with the game.

Later today I am going to get more screen shots of all the game mode settings. I figure the UF admins could use a heads up on this already.

CDBS14 ]

sucks for them........IW stated already they will ban anyone playing and reset of leaderboards.

Ban anyone that is playing? LOL that would be impossible on so many levels but I won't get into it...I'd rather spend time playing the game. It does appear they will be reseting the leaderboards but that's ok I like to test things out on multiplayer the first week anyway so that I can prep my clan for competitive matches. So getting this ahead of schedule just means I can enjoy the game with the rest of my guys when they get their hands on it.

*FYI the only people that have been banned are those running a hacked version of it on the 360. There are over 30000 people playing right now...that should tell you everything you need to know about that.*

CDBS14 ]

sucks for them........IW stated already they will ban anyone playing and reset of leaderboards.

that is not what IW said. They said they would ban anyone found playing a cracked version on a nodded xbox, however if you have a legit copy they will not ban you because it isn't ur fault that the store sold them early. That is why they are resetting the stats

so they aren't banning anyone that is playing the legit game but if u r playing it in a nodded xbox I would watch out

IRISH BULL ]

You keep mentioning the problems with "people playing the radar." What is the difference between this radar on MW2 as opposed to MW1?

Also, if people are playing the radar is that because of the UAV they are calling or is it something new to this particular game?

So far I've played with two clan members(I got one of them a copy yesterday) in the last two days and we've all said the same thing. You're assumption is correct it is because they have made UAV's really easy to get. I would say that about 70% of the time there is a UAV running on either/both team during one map. I believe they did this so that the "counter UAV" would be more useful but regardless it's pretty crazy. I have the radar scrambler and it works but only when you're in at close range but I've found that it also helps to let me know when someone is close to me because you get a grey screen for your radar.

IMO this makes Hardcore that much more important, the problem is that with this new kill system Hardcore is going to be ridiculous. On average I'd say you drop in regular rooms with 3 to 4 bullets and Hardcore says it has "increased bullet damage" which would mean 1 to 2 bullets? LOL, honestly though I'd prefer that than having to deal with this radar situation...it really is a negative factor.