Comcast Puts a Chokehold On Bandwidth

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

Well the article says it's been going on for like a year. The question is have you notices a difference much lately. Like screens slow, especially after that "15 min" mark, lag issues, being disconnected?

We've been playing with ya so it hasn't seemed bad. Just stay away from Downloading "movies" ;) while playing.

Yea, that actually made me feel better. Since its been going on for about a year now, I've never seen a difference.

Yeah, Comcast pretty much has everything on lock down here (I'm fairly close to Irish). It's either AT&T Uverse (I think their line is fiber optic) or Shitcast. I have wanted to get Verizon FiOS for a while, but it isn't available here yet (been hearing that for 2 years). I don't have issues with this for the most part, but every once in a while I cannot connect to the PSN. This is probably why. I run a direct line from my modem to my PS3 for Nat 1 connection and get good speeds always, so I can't really complain until they throttle me and I cannot log in.

Shane ]

Uverse is on teh Same level ans FIOS, it is the same hardware

Interesting. Uverse has some good deals on packages too. I just got a ad from them for one of their 3 services free for 6 months if I sign up for all 3. TV wise they get the same channels as Comcast and I already have their home phone service, so really it's a good deal for me to switch. Saves me money, but I lose a bit of speed from the switch. With Uverse I have my own dedicated line I believe, so unlike Comcast, my speeds will always be consistent if anything. I'm still deliberating though. Probably the next time I get an outage it will force my hand (which happens often with Comcast).