Army of Two (UF's $10 per team tourney?)

With Army of Two coming out middle in the middle of November I was wondering if any thought was put into using this game as a way to bring money back to the UF.  They announced that there will be multiplayer in the forms of 2 v 2.  There's a few different game type modes and several maps. 

Not sure if it would bring the numbers you want, but I know at least 3 to 4 teams from [iLL] would stop over here for it.  Also, if you opened it up a bit, you could attract other clans in here just for the money tournament.  Sure, you "might" get 1 or 2 you don't want for future events, but who knows....  you might grab 3 or 4 more that you do. 

Just a thought.........

Guest [OHM]_contract_

Guys, all I have been seeing lately is an outpoor of support to get "money back to UF" All these ideas are great fellas, but let's be honest, it will take more than just one clan to make this all work. And we all seen the huge support that UF got for Breakout. I believe UF will come out with another great oppertunity for a money tournament.

I just think that the support and generous ideas should have been shown at BREAKOUT instead of feeling bad now.

my 2 cents.

_CONTRACT_ ]

Guys, all I have been seeing lately is an outpoor of support to get "money back to UF"   All these ideas are great fellas, but let's be honest, it will take more than just one clan to make this all work.  And we all seen the huge support that UF got for Breakout.  I believe UF will come out with another great oppertunity for a money tournament.

I just think that the support and generous ideas should have been shown at BREAKOUT instead of feeling bad now.

my 2 cents.

I think "any" idea to bring help to this arena is a good one.  My suggestion was maybe taking a different approach to doing it.  Without getting into a "Socom CA can't be milked for anything further" debate I just felt going in a different direction might get different results and accomplish bringing some new decent clans here along with some financial support of the website.  They spent a lot of time on the Breakout portion of this website (which I know Sniper doesn't have a lot of).

I know that "NSL" might be a bad word around here but they did do something that was pretty cool.  Why not have a special (sniper made) logo under our names (cause there is a mod for that) thats shows people who have donated financially?  I would rather just click a paypal link and donate $10 to the cause then play Socom CA.

I don't know why Breakout didn't work.....  Cause it was "another" Socom CA game?  Cause they charged money to enter?  Cause they put limitations on team members?  Cause people are simply too cheap?  I don't know.  I only know my personal reasons for not getting in.  Just because 1 didn't work doesn't mean you quit trying....

I'm just offering up ideas and suggestions.  Hell, I still think a paypal link would work.  Or, a 1 time non refundable clan entry fee of $20 before the big season events.

WHATS UP WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE FROM OTHER GAMES TALKING SHIT ABOUT SOCOM....

TOURNEY DIDNT WORK CAUSE MOFO"S LIKE Y'ALL ARE TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE GAME ALWAYS SAYING SOCOM SUCKS , SOCOM THIS, SOCOM THAT...

SHIT IS GETTING OLD ;D

ps2 or die

note :unless some one buys me a ps3 and a plasma tv

It just became so clear to me.......

WiZ ]

WHATS UP WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE FROM OTHER GAMES TALKING SHIT ABOUT SOCOM....

TOURNEY DIDNT WORK CAUSE MOFO"S LIKE Y'ALL ARE TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THE GAME ALWAYS SAYING SOCOM SUCKS , SOCOM THIS, SOCOM THAT...

SHIT IS GETTING OLD ;D

ps2 or die

note :unless some one buys me a ps3 and a plasma tv

It just became so clear to me....... 

jump on some socom so i can whoop that ass....lol ;)

WiZ ]

jump on some socom so i can whoop that ass....lol ;)

lol, maybe you should throw up a pay pal link so we can bring your ass into "next gen".   ;D

lol...

its not that i dont have money to buy it i just want other things ..new t.v , work truck you know the important stuff

and i only got time for one2 games socomadden.....lmfao

Socom Kicks ass...either way you put it. It has nothing to do with age...its gameplay. I played a few "Nex-Gen" games and was not impressed so much. Id rather play socom than 99% of the other games. How could we even think about a tourney on a game that isnt even released. Its crazy talk.

Wiz - brings up some interesting points.

Street - Is still undeniably tied to Socom like an inmate who doesn't want to leave prison after 50 yrs.

Rooster - brings up a good point.

> We WILL be looking at next-gen games for the PS3, but we WILL have to wait until they can come out. A creator here in UF will need to play the game, check out its format possibilities to what we do here in UF, and then we can make a determination as to whether or not we can make it happen.

We tried with Vegas.....bust.

We tried with Warhawk......bust.

But it shows we ARE trying and that as soon as a game that DOES fit our parameters, we will give it a green light here in UF.

Urgent Fury will NOT be JUST for Socom. Sniper and I made those plans YEARS ago. But finally we're starting to see the signs that will allow us to branch out...and only just recently.

We WILL be adding new games to the Socom community, which will change both our website and forums.....but that time hasn't arrived yet.

So we can all stop the East Coast / West Coast (xBox / PS3) wars and just love each other.

Undertow ]

Wiz - brings up some interesting points.

Street - Is still undeniably tied to Socom like an inmate who doesn't want to leave prison after 50 yrs.

Rooster - brings up a good point.

> We WILL be looking at next-gen games for the PS3, but we WILL have to wait until they can come out.  A creator here in UF will need to play the game, check out its format possibilities to what we do here in UF, and then we can make a determination as to whether or not we can make it happen.

We tried with Vegas.....bust.

We tried with Warhawk......bust.

But it shows we ARE trying and that as soon as a game that DOES fit our parameters, we will give it a green light here in UF.

Urgent Fury will NOT be JUST for Socom.  Sniper and I made those plans YEARS ago.  But finally we're starting to see the signs that will allow us to branch out...and only just recently.

We WILL be adding new games to the Socom community, which will change both our website and forums.....but that time hasn't arrived yet.

So we can all stop the East Coast / West Coast (xBox / PS3) wars and just love each other.

lmfao...i dont care bout the next gen it is inevitable ...but they keep knocking socom ...damn bastards.....lol.....j/k

Guest [OHM]_contract_

well, all I got to say is... I have had a ps3 since it came out. I'm still on socrack and have tried other 3rd gen games and honestly, doesn't really tickle my fancy just yet. I mean the graphics aren't even to the top of ps3's power. All of the 8 processors aren't even enabled yet. the gameplay of ALL these new games is NOT ORIGINAL. ALL of these games are quick fixes that these game makers are throwing out there right now because lets face it, they have to make money. ALL these games I have seen before (different titles, a wee bit better graphics) on platforms such as a PSII, xbox, and PC.. and PC, did I mention PC??.. right????? I mean common, WHERE ARE THESE NEXT GEN GAMES THAT WILL ROCK YOUR WORLD????

AND WHAT IS IT WITH THE UF BLACK SIGN UPS, JESSUS I DON"T SEE MUCH support for socom ca anymore, only a whole SHITLOAD of signups.....MAN, socom must be dead. lol.. excuses, excuses.

WAY TOO TRUE..!

Any game brought in here needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb to disect its gameplay, & to see how it can be done.

There are lots of rules & regulations that came with ease since UF1 started on Socom 2, so you know we all knew the game pretty well before the tourney was even thought about (Socom 1). So lots of the Rules & Regs were no brainers.

Not to mention if the new games are actually any good or not.! ;)

Almost any game is still going to take backseat to Socom, no matter how good it is just based on the size of the fanbase.! (except for.. dare i say Halo)

Kinda like a side pot.. like UF:Black is to UF4.

Only 2v2 & 4v4 game types will work for quite sometime.!

CoD4 may be a good start, but chances are it wont be as big in this community until possibly CoD5.!?

My $.02

Chili-Palmer ]

WAY TOO TRUE..!

This is VERY misleading.  I don't want to turn this thread into a PS3 "next gen" vs "Socom CA" war but your statements (even though they have some truth to it) are very misleading.

I don't care who owns a PS3....  If you sign on your PS3 to play Socom CA your doing it cause most of your clan is there,  your doing it due to this community, your doing it cause it's where your comfort level is, not cause the game itself is so great that you prefer it over "next gen" games.  I can't remember who's reply it was (I think SiX said it) but its a simple fact of not wanting to leave clan members behind who don't own PS3s.

This is a PS2, Socom driven website and I respect that.  But to compare the following Halo3 has to Socom CA is completely retarded.  In no time has Socom CA had 1 million people on-line and playing it.  I am by no means a Halo3 fanboy, but I appreciate what it brings to the table.  I don't like it and prefer not to play it, but the following is HUGE.

I've always went where they games were.  I didn't care which system it was on as long as I had fun playing them.  Socom2 kept me on the PS2.  Graw & Graw2 brought me to the Xbox 360.  Now, CoD4 is bringing me to the PS3.  I just think people need to expand their minds about other games / systems in general.  Only person missing out is yourself.

LOL Gaylo, God I hate that game, but you are correct, Halo is a gaming beast. But I'm not sure that people feel that they are leaving behind clan member's ect....I just don't think they have released anything that compares to the game play in socrack....I think when the new one is released its going to knock everyone for a loop.

My twin brother had an x-box and I converted him to socom. It was hard at first but once he played socom...he was done...... ;) My little puppet...lol......But any6 game I get to have a rifle in my hand I'm happy...as long as I'm not shooting aliens who have raped a cow and now are threatening to take over the farm....:)

saint52 ]

LOL Gaylo, God I hate that game, but you are correct, Halo is a gaming beast. But I'm not sure that people feel that they are leaving behind clan member's ect....I just don't think they have released anything that compares to the game play in socrack....I think when the new one is released its going to knock everyone for a loop.

My twin brother had an x-box and I converted him to socom. It was hard at first but once he played socom...he was done...... ;) My little puppet...lol......But any6 game I get to have a rifle in my hand I'm happy...as long as I'm not shooting aliens who have raped a cow and now are threatening to take over the farm....:)

My brother inlaw bought a x-box and I bought a ps2....way long time ago. I bought socom and he bought james bond

this is socom one first couple weeks in. After I got him to try socom I could Hardley get the game back. He was addicted. Needless to say he never played the x-box again and he bought a ps2, network adaptor, memory card, and the game because he was hooked on socom.

It was the style of game .....and the kickass commercial where the guy is at home looking out the window at the women washing her car when his buddies are dying lol.