MW2 Midnight Release Experience

What a load of BS!!! I pre-paid, or so I thought, for MW2 at Gamestop. I show up at 2350 to get in line, with almost 200 hundred other people, for the midnight release. At 0015 a Gamestop employee informs us that if we have not paid for our game we need to proceed to another line up front to do so. 10 minutes later I'm informed that I, along with a large number of others, did not pre-pay for our game we simply reserved our game (reserved with money by the way is different than actually paying for it). 35 minutes into this experience and I find out I have to get out of line and go finalize the payment so that I can get a receipt with some zit faced employees initials on it and return to the end of the line, I was originally in, to receive my copy of MW2. Needless to say, over an hour later, I got my copy. Did not happen the way I had envisioned it would, by I got it. Then to add insult to injury.............I had to do a software upgrade when I put the game in.

Alright I'm done ranting for now. Anyone else have a story?

By the way - If the people I play with online look anything like the people I stood in line with I'm glad I cant see you guys. Although I do feel a lot better about myself now. 8)

I am leaving the house around 12:15 or so to hopefully jump in the end of the line when it's almost gone. I didn't reserve mine at game stop for the reasons you experienced and many more. As long as there are alternatives to game stop I will avoid ever going there.

11:14 here on the west coast 45 minutes to go.

yea i got one a buddy of mine got me a copy over the weekend and its still sitting in his room cause my dumbass left it there hes out of town for the rest of the month till after thanks giving which i just found out cause he called to ask how the game was and i told him i left it at his house and asked if i could stop by and pick it up after class tomm when i was informed of this i promptly said good bye and began to kick the dogcrate(empty) under my desk(not a good idea would not suggest this to anyone) so now im stuck modernwarfareless and have throbbing in my toe when i couldve been playin it before it was legitly released :'( fml but the good news i no wait no good news shiza >:( >:( >:( but i do hope you guys are having fun and glad i at least got to avoid the whole mess at the gamestops

BIGDANIEL ]

By the way - If the people I play with online look anything like the people I stood in line with I'm glad I cant see you guys. Although I do feel a lot better about myself now. 8)

Ditto on that one. ;)

Actually only a couple GEEK/Dweebs and they all knew each other and one conveyed how a good round once for him was going 4-3. Myself and a group of 'douchebags' laughed out loud when we heard that one. I say they were 'douchebags' in the nicest sort of way.

I show'd about 11, squared my receipt to get the one with "paid" on it and waited in line with about a hundred people all of which seemed younger then me. Only 3 girls, 2 of the 3 with trash. The pack of Dweebs, one of which thought ODST was AWESOME and didn't think MW2 would be as good, which of course received a big laugh to which he cocked his head as if he was shocked by our response.

Anyway, my experience was easy breezy. After trading a couple games and some credit from earlier, only out of pocket $10.31. So good experience here.

Wal-mart must have figured we would talk.

I got there about 11:30 and I was home by about 12:30.

There was about 200 people in line in side the store. I thought it was cool that they were giving us free stuff. They were giving us posters and energy drinks. And I didn't have to reserve nothing. They had cases of the game.

Game Stop was across the street and they had people wrapped around the out side of the building. Probably 200+.

If you saw my post earlier about Game Crazy... I drove buy there on the way and they had nobody waiting. Only one car in the parking lot and that was about 11:30... I think I need to go and kick the shit out of a pimple geek for lying to me. Or else the one car was for there 1 copy. I should kick the shit out him for only having one copy.

i have 2 gamestops in my mall.. basically right next to eachother.. there were probably 500 people on each line but they made a special line of 150 or so for the people who were smart and paid the whole thing off before hand... i was in and out in 40 minutes which was not bad

I had a great experience too..

I just now ran up to game stop gave em a couple of trade-ins off their list paid em $18 and drove home.. no pre order.. no pre pay.. no line.. whole trip including drive time took 12 minutes. (Game stop is about 4 min away)

It would have been quicker but I asked the guy if I could leave some UF fliers with him. He said sure.. and thanked me since they were giving out mini-posters last night and ran out he was going to hand out the fliers instead..

Cool.

I got it for the Ps3 this time.. figured I'll get the xbox version a bit later.

Got there around 11:15 and waiting in a huge line until 1am to get my copy. It was worth it though. The guy waiting in line ahead of me had his credit card rejected as he was trying to purchase the Prestige Edition with the NVGs. He seriously looked like he was just told his mother had died as he left the purchase counter without the game. LOL Poor guy.

Goat ]

I had a great experience too..

I just now ran up to game stop gave em a couple of trade-ins off their list paid em $18 and drove home.. no pre order.. no pre pay.. no line.. whole trip including drive time took 12 minutes. (Game stop is about 4 min away)

It would have been quicker but I asked the guy if I could leave some UF fliers with him. He said sure.. and thanked me since they were giving out mini-posters last night and ran out he was going to hand out the fliers instead..

Cool.

I got it for the Ps3 this time.. figured I'll get the xbox version a bit later.

Great minds and all that!! That was exactly my experiance too. I did have about 8 minutes longer on my trip, because I ducked into the Starbucks next door after I had my game.

I've done a few midnight releases....so I thought I was all good leaving at 11:10 and heading up there.

I WAS WRONG!

They made my ass stand in the other line, even though I had paid for the game in full already. They have you complete the transaction, and they stopped doing that at 11.

SO after about 300 people already got their's, I got into the store about 12:45. I got home by 1, and enjoyed the shit out of the title until about 3:30, when finally I succumbed to sleep.

Here are a few pics of mine. It went smooth as hell, I was impressed. They basically made everyone pay in full and handed out a number they stuck to your receipt. They looked at the receipt, and handed you a copy. I was #85 and had the game probably around 12:05.

height=400 width=300http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9071/mw2midnightlaunch001.jpg[/img]

This guy was #1. Went all out. There were about 10 guys in fatigues, but this guy had the best costume.

height=300 width=400http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5373/mw2midnightlaunch003.jpg[/img]

This was the line when they told everyone to line up. I think there is about 150 people there.