3rd MW2 patch.

Although Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has only been available for one day, Infinity Ward has already released an update for the Playstation 3 version. As stated earlier, the 1.02 patch fixes the trophy bug from the game. You will be prompted to download the update once you boot up the game with your Playstation 3 connected to the Playstation Network.

Another update, which will fix the party invite system, is expected to come out by Friday.

yeah i wonder how long would it take /6..cause IW can make 2 patches in less than a week.

Hellraiser ]
Although Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has only been available for one day, Infinity Ward has already released an update for the Playstation 3 version. As stated earlier, the 1.02 patch fixes the trophy bug from the game. You will be prompted to download the update once you boot up the game with your Playstation 3 connected to the Playstation Network.

Another update, which will fix the party invite system, is expected to come out by Friday.

yeah i wonder how long would it take /6..cause IW can make 2 patches in less than a week.

Thank God! This problem has made the game almost unbearable online.

Hellraiser ]

And one of those was ready before the game officially released? Maybe Sony should contract IW for the next Socom installement?

I have no qualms playing online. I wish I could have had my clanmates with me, but eh...it was during the day anyhow. By 4PM, we had figured out how to get in rooms together, and we had a blast.

I recall how fun Socom was that night. Remember the midnight.......release......oh yeah. Didn't have one.

OH! But remember that Tuesday? When you went to pick up socom? It was still in Canada trying to get thru customs.

BUT then some of us got it! and we started to play.....but never completed a game. Then the servers crashed and it took em till Friday to even let us back online, with NO problems fixed.

• Directors

Ok so let's not do anymore Socom bashing... and focus on the good things for MW2 or the bad things... still have not been able to do a online spec ops darn it... but i assume this has to do with the party issues

I have read all the fixes for the party issue, and they don't always work. When I try to send an invite to friends sometimes it says they are offline (yet they are msging me ::) ) I'm not saying this game is broke or not great, it is AWESOME but when im unable to play with friends, or it takes 20 mins to party up it becomes aggravating. Single player is absolutely mind blowing (possibly best campaign mode of any game I've ever played). I hope they fix the party by Fri and this game will be just about perfect (need some clan support).

All in all this games release is leaps and bounds ahead of my favourite game that has been around for a year.... So the only thing that will bring me back to SOCOM is cold front, oh wait we need 1.60 first :-\

cod is a good game but its total lack of any sort of clan support aside from being able to wear a tag that anyone can have is dissapointing. the game play is fun but i swear there is more camping in this game than socom. however the levels are pretty well designed and the guna are pretty good and its cool to see the different call signs you unlock and leveling up is fun. if it had a clan support like socom this game would be > all.

xViCaRiouSx ]

cod is a good game but its total lack of any sort of clan support aside from being able to wear a tag that anyone can have is dissapointing. the game play is fun but i swear there is more camping in this game than socom. however the levels are pretty well designed and the guna are pretty good and its cool to see the different call signs you unlock and leveling up is fun. if it had a clan support like socom this game would be > all.

dude everyone is new to the game.. so yeah the camping and all is part of people getting used to the maps and stuff so dont worry in about a week everything will be golden

i dont know what's funnier the fact you think camping is part of being "new" to the game or the fact you are oblivious to the fact that people are already obsessed with their kdr on a game that just came out. and that is the reason why they camp, and will continue to camp.

xViCaRiouSx ]

i dont know what's funnier the fact you think camping is part of being "new" to the game or the fact you are oblivious to the fact that people are already obsessed with their kdr on a game that just came out. and that is the reason why they camp, and will continue to camp.

No, I don't care about K2D ratio. I usually camped to keep an opponent from entering the space I was assigned to control. That being said, I haven't camped anywhere scept the HQ on this one...lol.

xViCaRiouSx ]

I "camp" for the following reasons:

1 - I want to protect the area I'm in

2 - I'm not that strong at run and gun

3 - I'm able to gain an advantage on those who run past me (happens a lot)

4 - I believe its more tactical than run and gun and I prefer the more tactical approach

5 - The game itself actually allows me to sit in one place for extended periods of time (I dont die from camping)

6 - Because I can (I own the game)

I dont camp so that my KDR is higher. I find it hard to believe that camping enables that unless you're a sniper, and a good one at that. As a matter of fact I believe its your skill at the game and not whether you camp or run and gun that determines your KDR. Maybe I'm way off on that. If someone thinks I am please explain it to me so I can understand how it does so.

Why not adapt and overcome in game? Why not be more tactical and out play the opponent? Seems to me run and gunners will always come to you. No need to search them out. Think of it like playing hide and seek with those who camp?

I dont see anyone complaining about the people who simply run around the map shooting and throwing grenades hoping for cheap kills. Is that next?

Maybe we should add camping to the list of things shooter games should leave out. Like the IW (if you're playing Socom 2.....if playing Confrontation its OK), or RPG's (unless you're strictly using it on vehicles and no one is within 50 meters), or the M60 (unless your tactics call for a heavy machine gun for cover fire or you need a lag buster), or what about......you get the picture. The list is pretty long by now and it sounds as though its just going to keep getting longer.

At some point in time people are just going to have to figure out how to play against different styles of play. I try to do that. I try to learn from each of them. And I try to have fun doing so. After all, having fun is why I bought the game.

I just thought of a number 7 - It pisses people off (advantage me)

BIGDANIEL ]
xViCaRiouSx ]

I "camp" for the following reasons:

1 - I want to protect the area I'm in

2 - I'm not that strong at run and gun

3 - I'm able to gain an advantage on those who run past me (happens a lot)

4 - I believe its more tactical than run and gun and I prefer the more tactical approach

5 - The game itself actually allows me to sit in one place for extended periods of time (I dont die from camping)

6 - Because I can (I own the game)

I dont camp so that my KDR is higher. I find it hard to believe that camping enables that unless you're a sniper, and a good one at that. As a matter of fact I believe its your skill at the game and not whether you camp or run and gun that determines your KDR. Maybe I'm way off on that. If someone thinks I am please explain it to me so I can understand how it does so.

Why not adapt and overcome in game? Why not be more tactical and out play the opponent? Seems to me run and gunners will always come to you. No need to search them out. Think of it like playing hide and seek with those who camp?

I dont see anyone complaining about the people who simply run around the map shooting and throwing grenades hoping for cheap kills. Is that next?

Maybe we should add camping to the list of things shooter games should leave out. Like the IW (if you're playing Socom 2.....if playing Confrontation its OK), or RPG's (unless you're strictly using it on vehicles and no one is within 50 meters), or the M60 (unless your tactics call for a heavy machine gun for cover fire or you need a lag buster), or what about......you get the picture. The list is pretty long by now and it sounds as though its just going to keep getting longer.

At some point in time people are just going to have to figure out how to play against different styles of play. I try to do that. I try to learn from each of them. And I try to have fun doing so. After all, having fun is why I bought the game.

I just thought of a number 7 - It pisses people off (advantage me)

Amen to that!

camping = noobie

I am sorry but 99 percent of the players on this game (the campers that is) do it to have a high KDR. Some might say you do it as a tactic, but honestly most of the ones i hear that say that, do it because of KDR.

I dont camp and i already have 2.57 KDR, and last night i ranked 750 in kills, if you dont camp you rank up faster and have better stats, as well as you get to unlock gun attachments much faster.

When i play campers, simple, i use a WA2000 with thermal and heart beat sensor, i see if anyone camps with me holding that.