-Update- on MW2

SOCOM's issues are completely different then what we are experiencing tonight with Call of Duty. I can't recall a time where SOCOM was down for literally the entire day. While IW is clearly the better game developer, they are pretty foolish in my opinion not to have enough servers to handle the massive amounts of users at launch. I mean, you can't tell me they are surprised at the number of people that bought the game...

Matty2D ]

SOCOM's issues are completely different then what we are experiencing tonight with Call of Duty. I can't recall a time where SOCOM was down for literally the entire day. While IW is clearly the better game developer, they are pretty foolish in my opinion not to have enough servers to handle the massive amounts of users at launch. I mean, you can't tell me they are surprised at the number of people that bought the game...

Devs don't handle server hosting it's to expensive and they don't have the time.

Even though fourzerotwo announces they are adding more servers it is Sony that is handling it. Sony contracts third party companies to host the servers for third party games. So probably what happened was Sony went with the minimum amount of servers to host the game and of course it wasn't enough. This is all on Sony.

Microsoft on the other hand handles the servers for all of it's games exclusive or not.

Matty2D ]

Nope but I can recall two days that I coudlnt connect ot the servers, and one period of a day or two where I would get on then booted, get on then booted, or times when I got sent back to the xmb.... that lasted a good day or so....and no it wasnt my internet lol

Matty2D ]

Agreed.

Who cares if MP is down for a few days??? The same thing happened with MW1. Once they got the server issues fixed, it NEVER became a problem again. Besides, unlike other games out there, MW2 actually came with a campaign mode, so we get to play that while they fix the server issues. I'm just shocked that some of you guys are surprised by the downtime already. I mean, what do you expect? MW2 will shatter almost every single record ever recorded for video game and will become an instant game of the year. If MW1 was all that and a bag of chips, MW2 will be all that and a bag of chips with dip :D

BigMoneyNacku ]
Matty2D ]

Agreed.

Agreed to what? The statement is based on misinformation.

Socom Was down for about the first 3 months unless you consider 30 to 45 minute load times for 1 game working properly. Not to mention the massive boots and latency a portion of which still exists today.

Party system = IW's fault

Server problem = Sony's fault.

meauxpack ]

30-45 minute load times? hyperbole much?

That's how long it was in the beta and I don't remember much changing once the final game launched. I remember watching a whole tv show on my tivo while waiting for a game to load. That's not even counting the mass boots, super spawns, invisible walls and fences.

I am a Socomer always will be. As long as they keep making the games I will play it till I'm 80. Let's be realistic though the game has been terrible. Play MW1 or two or KZ2 and see that for the most part it is pretty smooth online. Then go back to Socom and see how there is a constant lag throughout the whole game. I wouldn't have even bought MW2 if there was a good Socom game out for next gen. The game is terrible I play it for my clan and friends.