Your Multiplayer thoughts & how you think clan wars would work best

So how is everyone feeling the multiplayer? And if it was up to you how would you handle clan wars?

I think the conventional wisdom around here was that clan wars for this game should be hardcore,no perks, no air support and I would have agreed with that before the game came out. But maybe not so fast now. I think with 203's aside the game is incredibly balanced and fun the way it is. I love how everything has a counter.

For example yeah you just called in your care package, but it actually has to drop from the sky and your enemy can take it away from you if your not careful. I think that is one example of what is casual in a public room could turn intense in the same situation in a clan war. Some say the air support isnt fun, but I disagree. Once you unlock Stinger missiles etc. things are easier to shoot down. I just like all the different decisions a clan would have to make going into a clan war with air support on. Do you want a lot of peoples secondarys weapons as a stinger or keep them with a hangun or shotgun etc? It could add a lot of depth to clan wars.

Perks I could live without but they dont bother me as much this time around. It would actually just add more depth to clan wars I think. It makes every teammate and enemy unique. Like sure with Sleight of Hand you can reload super fast but you cant sprint as long as the guy coming at you with marathon, or the guy with Scavenger getting ammo off dead bodies, or Bling the guy with 2 attachemts etc.

And last but certainlty not least clan wars. This is only my opinion and I would like to see how others would think clan wars would be so anyways you can take this part with a grain of salt.

I would like all clan wars to be hardcore BUT only to get rid of radar. Health can be moved from minuscule to normal, because I think people die pretty easy as is. 2nd im not a big respawn fan but it dosent bother me as much this time around. However there has to be some penalty for death in a clan war especially gamemodes where you are trying to capture something. 5,10,15,30 seconds something, I think I would personally prefer 15. Perks on & Killstreak rewards on, FF on. All gamemodes are good to go except FFA of course. Thats all I got and I like the 45 second timer when a bomb is planted.

Oh one more thing, I think we all like the usual hour clan war so to make sure a war isnt 15-20 minutes maybe jack up whatever to win. TDM either move to score from 7500 to 1500, or 30 min match whoever is ahead wins, or maybe everyone gets a certain amount of lives damn the possibilities are endless but thats a good thing right?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. Hardcore definatly and radar off I also like to see perks allowed one thing that would be cool is like in search and destroy you have the clan set up a offensive loadout and a defensive loadout because some perks are good for offensive teams and others for playing defense. So uf could have a list of perks allowed for offense and a list allowed for defense. I agree that some killstreaks should be allowed as long as they are player controlled,

one more thing is on the death perks I think uf should make it to where only copycat can be used as a death perk.

I would have to disagree about the deathstreak thing, its not like its an unfair advantage or anything an noone is going to die 5 times on purpose just to get a final stand or martyrdom until they get a kill.

But ya, I think there should be a standard made about what a clan war would be like so that it would be very easy to set one up on the spot instead of having to talk about it for a week to set up one war.

I have always been for hardcore because I felt that it was where competitive matches needed to be played. However with the new kill system I think regular is just as good. I'm very pleased with the way the game plays and haven't found many issues. I'm going to sit down and put together exactly the setup I'd use for wars while I'm looking at them individually.

What I will say is that death streaks should ONLY BE ALLOWED as CopyCat. I would say to disable them but you can't. To have anything that rewards a LOSER in a competitive match is ridiculous! It goes against my principles and something that upsets me just knowing it's in the game!

Team Death Match Setings:

Time: 10 Minutes

Score Limit: 10000 Points

Number of Lives: Unlimited

Respawn Delay: 5 Seconds

Max Health: Normal

Health Regeneration: Slow

Kill Cam: Disabled

Spectating: Team Only

Wave Spawn Delay: None

Force Respawn: Enabled

Radar Always On: No

Friendly Fire: On

Headshot Only: Disabled

Perks: Enabled

KillStreak Rewards: Enabled

Hardcore Mode: Disabled

3rd Person: Disabled

Perks, Killstreaks, Hardcore & 3rd Person settings could be used for "theme nights". So whether they're disabled or enabled could be part of what normally is laser tag night or what I've called "It's ok to team kill night"(I won't get started on that). Below I've done the other modes but just their specific settings that are not part of the basic ones above.

Search & Destroy:

Round Length: 3 Min

Bomb Timer: 1 Min

Plant Timer: 5 Sec

Defuse Timer: 7.5 Sec

Multi Bomb: Disabled

Score Limit: 4 Points (Could be more to setup something like Socom)

Round Switch: Every Round

Number of Lives: 1 Life

Respawn Delay: None

Health Regen: None

Kill Cam: Enabled

Sabotage:

Time Limit: 20 min

Bomb Timer: 45 Sec

Plant Time: 2.5 Sec

Defuse Time 5 Sec

Shared Bomb Timer: No

Respawn Delay: 7.5 Sec

Health Regen: Slow

Domination:

Time Limit: Unlimited

Score Limit: 200 Pts

Respawn Delay: 5 Sec

Capture the Flag:

Time Limit: 10 Minutes

Score Limit: 5 Points

Demolition:

Time Limit: 3 Min

Bomb Timer: 45 Sec

Defuse Timer: 5 Sec

Extra Time: 2.5 Min

Respawn Delay: 5 Sec

Headquarters:

I have not played so I don't want to give any settings for it.

Covert-OPs_ ]

Team Death Match Settings:

Search & Destroy:

Team Deathmatch - Don't care much for the unlimited lives if your going to disable the "Kill Cam". The UF used a set number of lives for Team Deathmatch and that worked out pretty good. I would like it to stay that way. And and don't remember the set up but it was longer than just 10 minutes.

Search & Destroy - Its Call of Duty and the game should remain Call of Duty. It's always used 2 planting points in Search & Destroy and in my opinion should stay that way. Been awhile, but I think thats how we did it here in previous seasons. Not sure though....

Everything else I agree with.... I don't feel "Hardcore Mode" is even needed. They have done a good job with the amount of bullets it requires to down somebody.

WiZ ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

Team Death Match Settings:

Search & Destroy:

Team Deathmatch - Don't care much for the unlimited lives if your going to disable the "Kill Cam". The UF used a set number of lives for Team Deathmatch and that worked out pretty good. I would like it to stay that way. And and don't remember the set up but it was longer than just 10 minutes.

I like that idea, as long as Kill Cam is DISABLED.

WiZ ]Search & Destroy - Its Call of Duty and the game should remain Call of Duty. It's always used 2 planting points in Search & Destroy and in my opinion should stay that way. Been awhile, but I think thats how we did it here in previous seasons. Not sure though....

I don't follow what you're saying, multi-bomb means everyone has a bomb. And I definitely think that should remain disabled.

WiZ ]Everything else I agree with.... I don't feel "Hardcore Mode" is even needed. They have done a good job with the amount of bullets it requires to down somebody.

Agreed.

The Staff is already hard at work determining the rule setups for Urgent Fury competition. I for one am logging as many hours as I can getting to know the game. 8)

Regardless, we are listening to your suggestions and investigating ourselves. I doubt setups will be announced until tournament time. But the only way to be sure is to keep checking back and keep posting suggestions.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

The Staff is already hard at work determining the rule setups for Urgent Fury competition. I for one am logging as many hours as I can getting to know the game. 8)

Regardless, we are listening to your suggestions and investigating ourselves. I doubt setups will be announced until tournament time. But the only way to be sure is to keep checking back and keep posting suggestions.

If possible then could we get a post stickied just for giving our suggestions and things we see or think should be used in future tourneys?

thanks

UF could keep black as a socom tourney and do a black type for COD, and make 3rd person view one of the theme nights... any suggestions for what to call the MW2 counterpart of black? I was thinking maybe

-Civil War

-UF Crossbow (if ya dont know crossbow was a code name in WW2 for the allies program against the german weapons program)

I know those names might sound gay, but its all I could think of lol..

Liike Joe mentioned the staff as well as the UF Ranger team, the Eval members and for that matter the entire Urgent Fury community are already looking at things.

This is part of the reason why UF didn't try putting together a lame tournament right out of the box. Quality is what we are all about here. For us it was decided to get a good look at the game. Identify any possible issues. Evaluate the different modes and game setups, gather intel and deliver a finished tuned product when UF moves into MW2 for tournament offerings. Yes we have to wait a bit. But I believe everyone can see why that is.

So please continue to give your suggestions, note any possible problems and provide your opinions. All of it will be taken in and the staff and Ranger officers will be going into detail with testing and evaluating before a UF tournament launch. Right now we are still letting everyone get a feel for the game and have some fun with the new title. But shortly we will be having modes, map walks, and setup in staff to go over all of your suggestions and try to come up with a tournament that incorporates the general communities opinions of good intense and entertaining manners of combat.

Appreciations.

Goat

Covert-OPs_ ]

This might not be a popular idea but it's something I just thought of. What if the attacking clan gets pick on whether or not the match is played in First Person or Third Person?

This would be a total disadvantage to the defending clan, if anything the defending clan should have the choice as it's their territory. Besides that, COD is a FPS if we wanted to play a third person shooter we would stick with Socom.

I disagree Mike, COD is a first person shooter but Modern Warfare Two now offers both. While its true the franchise has been considered as a FPS. With the ability to now choose between the two, why not utilize it?

IMO though it should not be a perk or left to the decision of others. We may have both FPS offerings as well as TPS offerings for tournament venues. Something we are considering.

Personally when I set up MW2 a certain way with TPS engaged it feels more like Socom than Confrontation does.. 8)

mikejaxon ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

This might not be a popular idea but it's something I just thought of. What if the attacking clan gets pick on whether or not the match is played in First Person or Third Person?

This would be a total disadvantage to the defending clan, if anything the defending clan should have the choice as it's their territory. Besides that, COD is a FPS if we wanted to play a third person shooter we would stick with Socom.

If it was ONLY a FPS then they would not have included the Third Person option. Now the roots of the game may be FPS but for you to say it's an FPS is not a factual statement. As for how attacks work, some would say playing at night is a disadvantage to the defending clan. Some clans play better at night then during the day(as an option) which would be a parallel to my suggestion. Some clans may perform better FPS than TPS, this isn't anything new to how attacks/defenses work in the UF community. I knew it wasn't likely to be a popular idea which I made sure to state initially. But the direction you've take your argument in doesn't make much sense.

Keep it up guys.. this is great stuff.

Keep in mind however we aren't going to be able to make everyone happy. We're going to look at what works best. What fits into the UF model the best and what as a *Majority the UF community would like to see. So get in your opinions by all means but be open to what others have to say as well. Since the final decisions will be based on what the community and staff as the consensus from the best the game has to offer. Although even when final decisions are made we will still continue to evaluate things. Just don't get stuck on one thing and get behind whatever way we go to give it a chance since the choices are going to reflect the community as a whole opinions as closely as possible.

Covert-OPs_ ]
mikejaxon ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

If it was ONLY a FPS then they would not have included the Third Person option. Now the roots of the game may be FPS but for you to say it's an FPS is not a factual statement. As for how attacks work, some would say playing at night is a disadvantage to the defending clan. Some clans play better at night then during the day(as an option) which would be a parallel to my suggestion. Some clans may perform better FPS than TPS, this isn't anything new to how attacks/defenses work in the UF community. I knew it wasn't likely to be a popular idea which I made sure to state initially. But the direction you've take your argument in doesn't make much sense.

I never said it was "ONLY" a first person shooter, I was referring to its roots like you mentioned. Which in my opinion is what makes a game. For example if they added a FPS view on socom to CERTAIN game modes, the game would still be considered a TPS. Its what the game was built on, its the way the game should be played. As far as the attack/defense option, look at it like this, your defending a specific area you are allready fortified in that position. You have the advantage of the area it should be your choice if its being considered as an option. It is drastically different then night or day, its two different styles of game play. It's not something I personally would ever like to see in a tac map, but possibly a Black theme night. It wasnt an argument it was just my opinion which I'm entitled to, to whom it makes sense to is their own opinion.

I know for a fact that EOH will not participate if hardcore is the ONLY mode allowed, talk about boring. I say mix it up, do full respawn radar and perks some nights, and one or two of the nights do "DIE HARD NIGHT" or something. Hardcore is fun, but its kinda retarded. People all think its so realistic and they feel like soldiers....if you want a realistic feeling join the Marine Core, they'll help you out.

I just feel like the camping in hardcore would be TV breaking frustrating even if it is UF lol.

I think both hardcore and softcore(? lol) require a different set of skills and tactics to win and both should be looked at when making tournaments to determine which clan has more OVERALL / ACROSS THE BOARD skill. Hardcore is slow, "kinda" like socom, whereas full respawn is so fast paced and crazy. I think the contrast helps define COD's online multiplayer, and the contrast would help with diversity in games on UF.

Love,

Kernel

I know for a fact that EOH will not participate if hardcore is the ONLY mode allowed, talk about boring. I say mix it up, do full respawn radar and perks some nights, and one or two of the nights do "DIE HARD NIGHT" or something. Hardcore is fun, but its kinda retarded. People all think its so realistic and they feel like soldiers....if you want a realistic feeling join the Marine Core, they'll help you out.

I just feel like the camping in hardcore would be TV breaking frustrating even if it is UF lol.

I think both hardcore and softcore(? lol) require a different set of skills and tactics to win and both should be looked at when making tournaments to determine which clan has more OVERALL / ACROSS THE BOARD skill. Hardcore is slow, "kinda" like socom, whereas full respawn is so fast paced and crazy. I think the contrast helps define COD's online multiplayer, and the contrast would help with diversity in games on UF.

Love,

Kernel

the good thing is, that in regular mode in MW2, it is still pretty good. In COD4 it took alot of kill someone, so Hardcore was the way to go...However, I disagree with having radar always on...Radar should never be alwasy on in a UF war, thats my opinion:)

mikejaxon ]
Covert-OPs_ ]
mikejaxon ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

I never said it was "ONLY" a first person shooter, I was referring to its roots like you mentioned. Which in my opinion is what makes a game. For example if they added a FPS view on socom to CERTAIN game modes, the game would still be considered a TPS. Its what the game was built on, its the way the game should be played. As far as the attack/defense option, look at it like this, your defending a specific area you are allready fortified in that position. You have the advantage of the area it should be your choice if its being considered as an option. It is drastically different then night or day, its two different styles of game play. It's not something I personally would ever like to see in a tac map, but possibly a Black theme night. It wasnt an argument it was just my opinion which I'm entitled to, to whom it makes sense to is their own opinion.

Understood and like I said in my initial post about it and in my response to you, I expected people to not agree. My response to you was just a FACTUAL one, it's not a FPS only anymore. And as for your Socom comparison, there was a time when Socom supported both FP and TP. But I do understand what you're saying as far as it's roots. My opinion however is that it would be a waste to not take advantage of the diversity that IW has now given competitive communities.

The night/day stuff I think is as close as to a parallel as you can get. But again I expect people would disagree with me.