Your Multiplayer thoughts & how you think clan wars would work best

the good thing is, that in regular mode in MW2, it is still pretty good. In COD4 it took alot of kill someone, so Hardcore was the way to go...However, I disagree with having radar always on...Radar should never be alwasy on in a UF war, thats my opinion:)

This is a very good point, which is why I changed my stance on the settings when I made my initial "recommendations" within this thread. Which is saying a lot because in the poll about two months ago I voted for Hardcore and made some pretty strong statements for Hardcore Only.

Maybe the UF admins would consider putting up a new vote for Hardcore or Normal settings? I have a sense that the results would be dramatically different now that we've all played MW2.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say mix it up, do full respawn radar and perks some nights, and one or two of the nights do "DIE HARD NIGHT" or something.

Just for clarity could you explain what you mean by "respawn radar"? Are you saying you'd like to have radar switched to "always on"? If so I'd have to say that IMO it's probably the idea I like least for any competitive match next to a sanctioned team kill theme night!

Covert-OPs_ ]

I say mix it up, do full respawn radar and perks some nights, and one or two of the nights do "DIE HARD NIGHT" or something.

Just for clarity could you explain what you mean by "respawn radar"? Are you saying you'd like to have radar switched to "always on"? If so I'd have to say that IMO it's probably the idea I like least for any competitive match next to a sanctioned team kill theme night!

i meant respawn radar on as in the MAP is up in the corner all of the time. Radar always on is the stupidest thing ever put in a video game

Goat ]

I disagree Mike, COD is a first person shooter but Modern Warfare Two now offers both. While its true the franchise has been considered as a FPS. With the ability to now choose between the two, why not utilize it?

IMO though it should not be a perk or left to the decision of others. We may have both FPS offerings as well as TPS offerings for tournament venues. Something we are considering.

Personally when I set up MW2 a certain way with TPS engaged it feels more like Socom than Confrontation does.. 8)

I agree with this idea. There should be 'two option offerings'. Leaving it up to who attacks or defends would be very unfair, and many may want to utilize the 3rd-person option without lessening the abilities of the other team who may have perfected themselves based on the 1st-person choice.

Being that I'm from the 3rd-person variety and in my 'knowing' that this Franchise is mostly played as 1st-person...if it has to be either-or...then I would say 1st-person. But no one should have to be forced into either-or, simply by anothers pick of it in a match.

Covert-OPs_ ]
WiZ ]Search & Destroy - Its Call of Duty and the game should remain Call of Duty. It's always used 2 planting points in Search & Destroy and in my opinion should stay that way. Been awhile, but I think thats how we did it here in previous seasons. Not sure though....

I don't follow what you're saying, multi-bomb means everyone has a bomb. And I definitely think that should remain disabled.

Maybe I don't clearly know what "multi-bomb" is. In S&D the offensive team has a choice at planting at A or B. I must be wrong but I thought disabling "multi-bomb" would make it so only 1 plant site would be active. I apologize if I'm wrong.

In S&D there will always be two plant sites. Disabling multi-bomb will make it so that there is only one bomb on the map for the attackers to carry (which is standard).

The only way to get it so that there is only one plant site would be to make the mode something like Sabotage. Sabotage w/ custom settings could make it very close to Socom Demo

xRuthlessRebelx ]

I agree that getting kills is fine in standard mode as I stated in my original post. I would only want it on hardcore so there is no radar unless someone calls in a UAV. You can play hardcore and raise the health from minuscule to normal.

This is a good point, I think it makes sense.

The one thing i don't like about your list is the 5 cap limit on capture the flag i mean one team could win before the half time switch an i like wars to last thats all. Another thing is the game is pretty fair how its set up in each an every lobby so maybe UF should keep the game modes for there matches just how IW has them now that way clans don't have to make special rooms to practice for there upcoming matches, your clan can just go into a normal lobby an play the match an know that in the war that night it will be the same just don't allow 203's an thats it no big changes or anything.

xLASTx ]

The one thing i don't like about your list is the 5 cap limit on capture the flag i mean one team could win before the half time switch an i like wars to last thats all. Another thing is the game is pretty fair how its set up in each an every lobby so maybe UF should keep the game modes for there matches just how IW has them now that way clans don't have to make special rooms to practice for there upcoming matches, your clan can just go into a normal lobby an play the match an know that in the war that night it will be the same just don't allow 203's an thats it no big changes or anything.

I actually thought about that cap issue and jumped on the game just to test it. My thought was that if you let someone get 5 flags on you then you deserve to lose(LOL). But seriously, ultimately I thought having a cap would just make it so that everyone knows if you allow those 5 you're going to lose. I just don't see the switch sides as that big of a deal on that mode. From what I've seen so far the maps are all laid out evenly almost like big squares but I can see where you're coming from. The cap on the flags isn't something that I think is a huge deal, if it was just left unlimited and just time based I think you achieve the same goal.

As for the setups, there is going to be no way to just leave it as IW has set for each of those modes. If they go with Hardcore settings you'll never be able to capture that aspect of the game while playing normally because HC is only available on two modes(on the game play list). So at some point you're going to run into a problem when it comes to the settings.

I know for a fact that EOH will not participate if hardcore is the ONLY mode allowed,

Love,

Kernel

With all due respect Kernel, there isn't any need for ultimatums. We’re just now at the start at looking at things. For example its not just a matter of hardcore vs softcore (by the way “softcore†LOL! good one Kernel) adjusting the health up or down also plays into things. Is hardcore with max health similar to softcore with min. health? These type questions is what evaluation will answer. Does radar play into things much when it’s a small map vs a large one? How does allowing the radar kill perk in a non radar game affect things.

There are a lot more questions at this time then knowing which choices may be best from a lot of testing. Also nothing is written in stone. Even when a consensus is met we’re still going to be open to making changes especially if the community agrees as a whole as to a change which would make for better tournament play.

For now try to keep an open mind and be willing to try things out before making statements akin to “I’m taking my ball and going home if we don’t do this or thatâ€

At the least with this title and the many different setups there isn’t any reason to have only one set of options for all offerings. There may very well be several different tournaments under different guidelines so that everyone can find something that their clan may find entertaining.

Goat ]

I know for a fact that EOH will not participate if hardcore is the ONLY mode allowed,

Love,

Kernel

With all due respect Kernel, there isn't any need for ultimatums. We’re just now at the start at looking at things. For example its not just a matter of hardcore vs softcore (by the way “softcore†LOL! good one Kernel) adjusting the health up or down also plays into things. Is hardcore with max health similar to softcore with min. health? These type questions is what evaluation will answer. Does radar play into things much when it’s a small map vs a large one? How does allowing the radar kill perk in a non radar game affect things.

There are a lot more questions at this time then knowing which choices may be best from a lot of testing. Also nothing is written in stone. Even when a consensus is met we’re still going to be open to making changes especially if the community agrees as a whole as to a change which would make for better tournament play.

For now try to keep an open mind and be willing to try things out before making statements akin to “I’m taking my ball and going home if we don’t do this or thatâ€

At the least with this title and the many different setups there isn’t any reason to have only one set of options for all offerings. There may very well be several different tournaments under different guidelines so that everyone can find something that their clan may find entertaining.

yup I'm not trying to be a bone head about it, I'm just stating my clans opinion on what the layout for the UF CODMW2 tournament should / shouldn't be. That was my only intention, just stating my mind, not trying to make a stand or anything.

I understand no 203's. What about launchers to shoot down helos? Which ones are usable? And what if you use one to get a few kills? Would that be a dq? If so what if you shoot one and it kills someone by accident? (Anything can happen) I love the idea of keeping the Killstreaks in the wars. They are a great part of the game. But we need to keep in the ground equalizers.

PSYCHOFACTOR ]

I understand no 203's. What about launchers to shoot down helos? Which ones are usable? And what if you use one to get a few kills? Would that be a dq? If so what if you shoot one and it kills someone by accident? (Anything can happen) I love the idea of keeping the Killstreaks in the wars. They are a great part of the game. But we need to keep in the ground equalizers.

I think it should be just how you said if you get shot with a rocket even if its a miss fire freak of accicent then your team is dq'ed just think of it as black if your team used a grenade or didn't follow the rules on a "theme night" your team loses same thing here. As what i meant about keep the game as is, is forget hardcore everybody can tell the hit detection an number of bullets it takes to kill someone in standard mode is fine. Really we in iMr have been srimming alot of clans an honestly you don't have to change alot in a private match turn FF on turn radar always on OFF an make it known theirs no 203' an rockets are for shooting machines only an your war is set up.

xLASTx ]

in a private match turn FF on turn radar always on OFF an make it known theirs no 203' an rockets are for shooting machines only an your war is set up.

Ok there is a problem with this. Sentry guns. What if you shoot a sentry gun with an rpg right when it was planted and it kills the sentry gun planter? The gun is a machine.

Why not make it so that the only rockets allowed are "lock-on" enabled rockets? I've tried every rocket in the game(while testing) and there are 3 that will not allow you to shoot at people. They require lock-ons, so if you ban the rest and allow those 3 then you're golden and you don't have any gray areas in that area. I still don't agree that all the other settings should remain the same but as far as rockets are concerned I think this should solve your problem.

Fluid__ ]
xLASTx ]

in a private match turn FF on turn radar always on OFF an make it known theirs no 203' an rockets are for shooting machines only an your war is set up.

Ok there is a problem with this. Sentry guns. What if you shoot a sentry gun with an rpg right when it was planted and it kills the sentry gun planter? The gun is a machine.

Again if your rocket kills the planter your team forfeits i don't understand why this is a hard concept. If your rocket for any reason kills a member of the other team your team loses so there needs tobe a certain level of skill an care when your shooting at something not this whole everybody runs around shooting rockets off at each other madhouse. If your afraid your rocket will kill the sentry gun planter then just shot your gun or run up an knife it an covert's right maybe only stinger rockets should be allowed they only lock on to airsurport.

Its not hard to understand, it is a bad suggestion due to too many circumstances where the use of a rocket to kill a sentry gun accidentally killing a camper.

If nade launchers are banned so should rockets launchers, therefore kill streak perks other than UAV. Too many instances where another teams player could get killed.

xLASTx ]
Fluid__ ]
xLASTx ]

Again if your rocket kills the planter your team forfeits i don't understand why this is a hard concept. If your rocket for any reason kills a member of the other team your team loses so there needs tobe a certain level of skill an care when your shooting at something not this whole everybody runs around shooting rockets off at each other madhouse. If your afraid your rocket will kill the sentry gun planter then just shot your gun or run up an knife it an covert's right maybe only stinger rockets should be allowed they only lock on to airsurport.

It isn't hard to understand, your original statement to not account for what I explained about "lock-on". Regardless, I do not agree with what you're saying, rockets and grenade launchers are two different animals. Using a rocket leaves you exposed for significantly longer than grenade launchers so you're taking a significant risk when equipping them. Furthermore, the trajectory of a rocket is very different than that of a grenade launcher which reduces it's effectiveness. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just happen to disagree with what yours on this matter.

I went back today to test "lock-on" and the Javelin allows you to lock on to any solid non-moving object, whereas the stinger does not. Just an FYI, I'd like to make sure I get my facts straight.

you guys are crazy lol.... IMO if you team kill someone, then oh well...... thats your loss...

However I dont think it would be that fun with only UAV-Counter UAV as the only killstreaks allowed... I think we should allow most of the kill streaks, rocket launchers should be allowed(they are in some of our socom tourneys)...

you guys are crazy lol.... IMO if you team kill someone, then oh well...... thats your loss...

However I dont think it would be that fun with only UAV-Counter UAV as the only killstreaks allowed... I think we should allow most of the kill streaks, rocket launchers should be allowed(they are in some of our socom tourneys)...

I agree with allowing rocket launchers a well as kill streaks. What I do not agree with is loosing a war because a rocket killed a person on the other team per my previous examples.