Wood Polishing Advice?

My wife mistakenly left a Sharpie permanent marker on our kitchen table. Well my 3 yoa daughter found it and proceeded to make the kitchen table her art canvass.

The only thing that seemed to take it off was the Mr.Clean Magic Erasure. But it dulled the top of the table.

My question is, can I get some sort of wood polish to bring back the shine. I'm trying to avoid having to strip the top of the table and reseal it.

IRISH BULL ]

My wife mistakenly left a Sharpie permanent marker on our kitchen table. Well my 3 yoa daughter found it and proceeded to make the kitchen table her art canvass.

The only thing that seemed to take it off was the Mr.Clean Magic Erasure. But it dulled the top of the table.

My question is, can I get some sort of wood polish to bring back the shine. I'm trying to avoid having to strip the top of the table and reseal it.

go to home depot theyll hook you up i dont know wut kind of wood your table is im guessing its a hard wood though?

Try some Dark Old English. That should fix it. If that doesn't work sometimes I just get the color of stain and go over the top. Not sanding or anything. Even sometimes after you get it striped and refinished it's still not 100 percent right. But the Old English should work I live off of the stuff.

Fluid__ ]

he said "hard"

lol Irish your thread is getting funnier and funnier with every reply

I know, right?! lol But thanks, I think I can consider myself an expert on the "other" polishing of wood. So I don't need advice there.

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

go to home depot they'll hook you up i don't know wut kind of wood your table is I'm guessing its a hard wood though?

I hoping someone actually can direct me to the right product, if one exist.

MarauderHD ]

Try some Dark Old English. That should fix it. If that doesn't work sometimes I just get the color of stain and go over the top. Not sanding or anything. Even sometimes after you get it striped and refinished it's still not 100 percent right. But the Old English should work I live off of the stuff.

That's more of a polish and not like Pledge, right?

No it's a lite stain.

If you want to use stain you can too. They sell stain with polyurethane mixed in the stain that works wonders. Then you really wouldn't have sand it or anything. I take a piece of foam and work it in rather then a brush because a brush leaves streaks.

Old English is always a quick fix though. 90% of the time I use Old English. If something is really messed up I'll go the staining route.

I own a furniture store BTW.

IRISH BULL ]
Fluid__ ]

he said "hard"

lol Irish your thread is getting funnier and funnier with every reply

I know, right?! lol But thanks, I think I can consider myself an expert on the "other" polishing of wood. So I don't need advice there.

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

go to home depot they'll hook you up i don't know wut kind of wood your table is I'm guessing its a hard wood though?

I hoping someone actually can direct me to the right product, if one exist.

MarauderHD ]

That's more of a polish and not like Pledge, right?

just go to home depot go to the wood section tell them what kind of wood you have what the problem is theyll give 2-3 recommended products and youll be on your way 20 min tops and have a fixed table in about 40 min

• Directors
Goat ]

I've heard too much polishing of the old wood can make you go blind...

See? I had soooooo many jokes when I first came in here...then I thought it would be in poor taste.

Leave it to Goat to go in for the kill. :P

MarauderHD ]

No it's a lite stain.

If you want to use stain you can too. They sell stain with polyurethane mixed in the stain that works wonders. Then you really wouldn't have sand it or anything. I take a piece of foam and work it in rather then a brush because a brush leaves streaks.

Old English is always a quick fix though. 90% of the time I use Old English. If something is really messed up I'll go the staining route.

I own a furniture store BTW.

Oh crap, I forgot. I should have just PM'd you to begin with. It would have avoided all the masturbation innuendo's. ;D

BigMoneyNacku ]

DO NOT go off recommendations from Home Depot employees.

Like HD said Old English works well. Bees wax also works VERY well. It won't add any color to your piece, it will just refurbish the original luster. ;)

lol just depends on who you ask those teenagers goofin off in the back with the wood ::) dont ask them

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Like HD said Old English works well. Bees wax also works VERY well. It won't add any color to your piece, it will just refurbish the original luster. ;)

lol just depends on who you ask those teenagers goofin off in the back with the wood ::) dont ask them

If you really believe that HD employees know what they are talking about, I feel for ya. Most of the trade professionals HD hires usually leave in their first year. That means most of the ones left are people who went through the HD training, which is very inadequate. Especially since they are cross trained for all 2000 products they carry.

Home Depot is full of misinformation and poor craftsmanship. I've been in this industry for almost 20 years and know what I'm talking about. :)

BigMoneyNacku ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

If you really believe that HD employees know what they are talking about, I feel for ya. Most of the trade professionals HD hires usually leave in their first year. That means most of the ones left are people who went through the HD training, which is very inadequate. Especially since they are cross trained for all 2000 products they carry.

Home Depot is full of misinformation and poor craftsmanship. I've been in this industry for almost 20 years and know what I'm talking about. :)

Besides, he has Pedo bear humping The Karate Kid.

That right there lends to his authenticity.