Wood Polishing Advice?

BigMoneyNacku ]

DO NOT go off recommendations from Home Depot employees.

Like HD said Old English works well. Bees wax also works VERY well. It won't add any color to your piece, it will just refurbish the original luster. ;)

That's what I'm looking for, just to bring the shine back to my wood after rubbing on it.

I couldn't help it.

But seriously, I'll give those a try and give you the play by play on how I polished my wood and how it looked afterwards.

DAMN IT!! Its contagious! lol

No really, thanks.

BigMoneyNacku ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Like HD said Old English works well. Bees wax also works VERY well. It won't add any color to your piece, it will just refurbish the original luster. ;)

lol just depends on who you ask those teenagers goofin off in the back with the wood ::) dont ask them

If you really believe that HD employees know what they are talking about, I feel for ya. Most of the trade professionals HD hires usually leave in their first year. That means most of the ones left are people who went through the HD training, which is very inadequate. Especially since they are cross trained for all 2000 products they carry.

Home Depot is full of misinformation and poor craftsmanship. I've been in this industry for almost 20 years and know what I'm talking about. :)

I understand what your saying. But, there are a few that work there that do know there ends and outs. Such as the guy in my area, I go to who used to own his own furniture company, that he and his family hand built the pieces. He came out of retirement as he couldnt sit on his ass and is now working as a supervisor at home depot he has saved my furniture from skunk oil gorilla glue spills my lil nieces escapade with my paint supplies. And my huskie gouging out the legs of a kitchen chair. Trust me i have no misnomers about high school level workers i know most don't know what there talking about and will just shove a product in your face to get you to go away but there are a few which is what i meant. :-\

Tool_Minion ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

lol just depends on who you ask those teenagers goofin off in the back with the wood ::) dont ask them

If you really believe that HD employees know what they are talking about, I feel for ya. Most of the trade professionals HD hires usually leave in their first year. That means most of the ones left are people who went through the HD training, which is very inadequate. Especially since they are cross trained for all 2000 products they carry.

Home Depot is full of misinformation and poor craftsmanship. I've been in this industry for almost 20 years and know what I'm talking about. :)

Besides, he has Pedo bear humping The Karate Kid.

That right there lends to his authenticity.

Enough said folks, nothing else to see here ;)