PSN Update 3.10

Is out:

incorporates Facebook into the PS3 experience. By linking your PlayStation Network account to your Facebook account, you will have the option for the PS3 to automatically update your Facebook News Feed with Trophy and PlayStation Store activity. This update also enables developers to set specific criteria in their titles to publish additional game information to your News Feed. You can then check out your updates, and those of your friends, on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media favorites through the PS3’s built-in web browser.

This is just the beginning of our integration with Facebook and we are looking forward to adding new features enhancing the experience in future updates.

Additional highlights from update 3.10 include:

* The Photo category on the XMB has been revamped to make it easier to see more of your photos stored on the PS3.

* The PSN Friends List has been modified based on feedback we received after update 3.00. Additionally, you can now choose a color for your PSN ID on the XMB.

What have they specifically modified on the PSN list? They need to expand that list. I'm constantly juggling people in and out of my list for wars etc. When you have 50 clan members, plus a great community like this, you need more than 100 slots. Also can we please get some new avatars? They released the premium avatars prompt with the last patch and have yet to add any.

Also download takes about 1-2 minutes.

BacklasH ]

What have they specifically modified on the PSN list? They need to expand that list. I'm constantly juggling people in and out of my list for wars etc. When you have 50 clan members, plus a great community like this, you need more than 100 slots. Also can we please get some new avatars? They released the premium avatars prompt with the last patch and have yet to add any.

Also download takes about 1-2 minutes.

I could have sworn I rem reading in a playstation magazine that they were planning on having a update by the end of this year to allow you to have 200 friends..I think i read that back in June, but havent heard anything since....

Myself the only thing cool is the new boxes and the colors you can change...other than that its kinda gay

Anyone else noticed new error message, about not shutting off the PS3 correctly, thats displayed when you turn your PS3 on?

Prior to the patch I would quit the game, scroll over to my screen name, log out, turn off the controller, and then physically shut off my PS3 with the switch in the back.

Now doing that gets me an error message when I turn my PS3 back on. It tells me that I now have to use the option above your screen name to turn off the system.

Why did this need to change?

ShadowOfaSolja ]

no doubt, what your doing is the same as just unplugging a computer before turning it off. Just hold your PS button down on your controller and turn the system off from there. i never even touch the switch on the back of my PS3.

I remember Godzilla telling me the new slims dont' even have that power button on the back. I might be wrong though.

willywonka159 ]

Because you're not turning off your PS3 correctly. You should do as they say; if not, it can increase your chances of braking your PS3.

I've had my PS3 since the day it came out and have always turned if off that way and I've never had any problems.

I dont just get up and flip the switch off. I quit the game and I log out of the PSN and out of the screen name.

Oh well. Guess I'll start doing as they say. I mean after all Sony knows best right?