Wich view do you prefer in MW2?

Chili-Palmer ]

I remember when CoD4 was out.. people were all saying "why cant they do 3rd person.. its already in the game when you spectate". lol

But it is their first attempt.

Maybe the next one will be spot on.. or by then people will just be used to it.

I agree. I think its a good idea that they included a 3rd person view. Like Chili said, maybe next time around it will be perfect game. If it shows anything, it shows they actually listened to the community by even adding 3rd person. They definitely did not have to. It would have still made over $500 million.

Did anyone think that there would be more 3rd person votes? That would be like expecting more people to vote for 1st person on a game like Socom. So far there are 11 votes for some some form of 3rd person, which is what I have been saying all along. There is a real interest in 3rd person but not exclusively, like I said before this games roots are in 1st person. To ONLY offer one style of event would be foolish for UF, GB or any other competitive arena. I was a little surprised but a few guys have told me they like it better than Socom but I think that's only because of the crappy camera angle in Confrontation.

Personally I prefer 1st person on MW2 but I'd like to do both because it keeps me from getting bored. I would like to play 3rd person more but unfortunately party sizes don't allow for my specific group get into those games.

Do the results of this poll mean that the UF community wants a mixed event that offers both 1st and 3rd person?

mikejaxon ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

Do the results of this poll mean that the UF community wants a mixed event that offers both 1st and 3rd person?

I would have to say by the results of the poll, that the community leans towards the FPS aspect of the game.

I would have to agree, the "mixed" votes seemed to taper off. At one point it was 19 to 13(not counting the dedicated 3rd person votes) but since then it's been all 1st person.

mikejaxon ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

I would have to say by the results of the poll, that the community leans towards the FPS aspect of the game.

Of course they do..

It has always been a FPS, but if they just add some crosshairs, 3rd might be VERY worth playing also.!!

Crusty_Demons ]

Cross hairs would help but it would need more than that. 3PS/Socom fans IMO won't tolerate the hip firing bullet spray of COD. It would have to be tightened up to make it fun. COD's 3rd person game play would have to be much different than it's FPS mode.

I thought it had crosshairs? I haven't played it very much but last night we put in a few hours on it. What we discovered is that if you have an attachment like an ACOG then the zoom is significantly greater. If you go with a red dot then it's only slightly more, however the ACOG was the one that I noticed it on the most. You get really see far when you have that equipped and I thought it worked really well.

Covert-OPs_ ]
Crusty_Demons ]

Cross hairs would help but it would need more than that. 3PS/Socom fans IMO won't tolerate the hip firing bullet spray of COD. It would have to be tightened up to make it fun. COD's 3rd person game play would have to be much different than it's FPS mode.

I thought it had crosshairs? I haven't played it very much but last night we put in a few hours on it. What we discovered is that if you have an attachment like an ACOG then the zoom is significantly greater. If you go with a red dot then it's only slightly more, however the ACOG was the one that I noticed it on the most. You get really see far when you have that equipped and I thought it worked really well.

There isn't a precision style crosshair with a dot in the middle. Yeah your right about the zoom it does change depending on the scope your using. Zooming to an over the shoulder view is IW's way of making you "aim down the sight" like you have to in FP.

Crusty_Demons ]
Covert-OPs_ ]
Crusty_Demons ]

There isn't a precision style crosshair with a dot in the middle. Yeah your right about the zoom it does change depending on the scope your using. Zooming to an over the shoulder view is IW's way of making you "aim down the sight" like you have to in FP.

I see what you're saying and yes I think it's more of an auto-aim system that it uses. Although it's slight it's definitely there which is something I hate. Overall I perform better in 1st person when I play MW2 but I still enjoy both. I like the diversity of both styles...

Pathogen- ]

I'm all about 3rd person. That being said....Infinity Ward can't do 3rd person worth a grain of salt. it is bulky, the animations are unfinished, and it sucks.

And your are comparing this to who's standards? Certainly not Slant6 i'd hope. MW2 has the best looking 3rd person I have seen to date. Now the aiming is another thing. I hate the ots view (slant6 done this as well) and not being able to see through the scope. but the run-n-gun factor is there especially on akimbo, plus the ability to straif. I'd say it stands up to the current 3rd person shooter I dont play anymore...