Urgent Fury Ejection Policy has been Exercised.

• Directors

Urgent Fury Ejection Policy has been Exercised.

In light of recent events, The directors of Urgent Fury Holdings, LLC have decided to exercise the right to eject members of this community for holding direct conflict of interest to our operations while competing in our events and frequenting our community.

We have the responsibility to protect our vested interests morally and legally and will be doing so vigilantly with the passion and love we have for the prosperity of Urgent Fury.

Enjoying what Urgent Fury offers the community is a privilege not a right.

Therefore, we are, effective immediately, ejecting Threat Neutralizing Unit [TNU] from the current TacMap competition as well as any upcoming events indefinitely.

TNU's leader, ShadowofaSolja has placed himself (and his clan by proxy) in the actionable position by creating a TacMap competition directly in conflict with that of Urgent Fury.

There is more detail to this situation, therefore, expect more ejections in the following days.

(how this will effect Chosin will be outlined in the Chosin section)

RBtintar1 ]

I want evry 1 to know that this is a scam we were at every war competing totally convicted to Chosin.

Wow... surprised the socks off of me! ??? Not sure what happened [TNU], nor the specifics but I do want to address one little statement. You did forfeit one match with us, I believe it was because Control points were "beneath" you and didn't bear any weight on the tourney or something to that effect.

But aside from that... Good luck in the future [TNU], it would have been good to compete with you in the semi-finals. 8)

Xanthe ]
RBtintar1 ]

I want evry 1 to know that this is a scam we were at every war competing totally convicted to Chosin.

Wow... surprised the socks off of me! ??? Not sure what happened [TNU], nor the specifics but I do want to address one little statement. You did forfeit one match with us, I believe it was because Control points were "beneath" you and didn't bear any weight on the tourney or something to that effect.

But aside from that... Good luck in the future [TNU], it would have been good to compete with you in the semi-finals. 8)

\

we forfeited because the match had no meaning , no matter who won or lost we were playing 101 on Monday in semi's not because it was beneath us. so please ..

basically we were removed because Shadow was talking about maybe starting CT up again next year ?

and I stress that it was only talk & it was never going to happen this year.. ? someone should of contacted us before the decision was made to have a clear understanding of what was going on..

RBtintar1 ]
Xanthe ]
RBtintar1 ]

\

we forfeited because the match had no meaning , no matter who won or lost we were playing 101 on Monday in semi's not because it was beneath us. so please ..

basically we were removed because Shadow was talking about maybe starting CT up again next year ?

and I stress that it was only talk & it was never going to happen this year.. ? someone should of contacted us before the decision was made to have a clear understanding of what was going on..

I'm simply stating that you weren't at every war you could've been at... we were regardless of importance. Like I said, I was looking forward to competing against [TNU]! 8)

To the Directors & Staff of UF

On behalf of TNU I would like to state that we feel that being kicked out of Chosin is the wrong decision. I hope that you will quickly change this ruling because we want to play. To make this decision without talking with Shadow or myself is totally unfair. At no time was a tacmap tourney ever discussed . Shadow on our TNU website in our members section mentioned that he was thinking about starting up a un named tourney again next year for a small COD tourney, because socom has failed to release a patch & DLC, and possibly a socom tourney after the patch & DLC if socom gets it's numbers up again. There was NO conflict with any of the rules as we are not Hosting a Tourney. Having a discussion on our website is not in violation of the rules. I am totally shocked by this, and can say that I am a little disappointed in the new ownership who banned Shadow without giving him a chance to explain.

here is the post:

11-20-2009, 01:45 PM #1

[TNU] ShadowOfaSolja [Vouyer Award] [Top Supporter] [Community Award] [Posting Award]

Administrator

Chaos Tactics

alright guys, as some of your may or may not know, TNU used to run our own tournament called xxxxx xxxxxxx. XX was ran successfully for 3 years until I got a partner named xxxxx at which time I shut the tournament down. I am considering re-opening xxxxx xxxxxx without xxxxx and am going to start it with a COD MW2 6v6 tourney. This wont be until January and I will also be running a socom tourney along side it if the DLC is out and working correctly.

Before I do anything I wanted to let you guys all know ahead of time to see if there were any issues or concerns ahead of time. Our schedule will be clear and TNU will NOT be placed into any tournaments in XX that they do not want to be in. We will also only be in one tournament at a time so that we do not get overwhelmed again. If there is anything else let me know and Ill answer any questions I can.

I X'd out the tourny's name and a players name.

TNU is not starting a Tournament ! Please reinstated TNU to play in the semi finals of Chosin ?

Is what they did different than what Chili runs with gamelobby? I'm just curious because TOU runs an internal game event called TOUrnaments, which we advertise for occasionally. It is isn't a TacMap but it is a tournament and have done mainly focused on sports titles, however we have done shooters in the past.

Covert-OPs_ ]

Is what they did different than what Chili runs with gamelobby? I'm just curious because TOU runs an internal game event called TOUrnaments, which we advertise for occasionally. It is isn't a TacMap but it is a tournament and have done mainly focused on sports titles, however we have done shooters in the past.

Never mind, the question was answered via aim.

Covert-OPs_ ]

just like i believe every other conflict should be resolved..there are various ways to resolve conflicts in here. There are PMs, AIM or any source of communication that doesn't involve the general access forums (any forum EVERY member can see).

• Directors

The situation is being handled through email with John... everything else that has been stated is outside of the direct communication with John

THIS SITUATION WAS HANDLED WRONG & THE UF COMMUNITY HAS A RIGHT TO KNOW HOW TNU GOT SHAFTED ! IF YOU WANT TO READ FURTHER IT IS IN THE UF CHOSIN SECTION. THE UF DIRECTORS WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT THERE WHOLE REASONING IS ABSOLUTELY ABSURD.

http://www.urgentfury.com/uf_forum/index.php/topic,20987.0.html

Covert-OPs_ ]
Covert-OPs_ ]

CT's planned tourneys are not tacmaps either so be careful

Covert-OPs_ ]

just like i believe every other conflict should be resolved..there are various ways to resolve conflicts in here. There are PMs, AIM or any source of communication that doesn't involve the general access forums (any forum EVERY member can see).

I would have LOVED to solve it in a private manner, however I (Shadow) was banned before I was even informed of the situation and I was blocked and ignored on AIM.

Had we been made aware then, we would have made the same decision. This is not a personal attack on TNU this is purley a business decision in the best interests of Urgent Fury.

This is not the UF I remember. Its no longer a comunity but a business. Now that I'm on the outside looking in, it looks like UF is being used as a place for advertisements and a place to make a quick buck. It seems to no longer be a a place where a person from this comunity can feel that they can speak freely without fear of being ejected from the tournament. I don't blame people for not wanting to speak out, they have put a lot of time and effort into being here and playing in this tac map tourney. UF has gone from being a likeable baby, to a geedy corupt child and if it doesnt get its act together soon the only thing thats going to be left when its grown up is a 40 year old virgin thats still living in his moms basement, when they could have been that guy that got the girl and was the one that everyone liked.

I'm saying all this because I feel no vaild points are being made against TNU, it was extreamly unfair to boot them out when none of thier tourneys are conflicting with yours right now, as they also stated they would not be around after Chosin has concluded. Therefore they would not be a conflict of interest in the future but healthy compition. It seems that the admins here do not have much faith in this comunity. It just seems from my point of view that you guys were looking for a way to get rid of a these guys for a while and unfortunatly you had to make up a rule to kicl them out. Great job. I'm sure there would have at least been a pull in the leaders section in the past where they would have got a fair chance in staying. (Didnt we have some council in the past made of players for this type of situation?)

When did this place stop being a comunity run by the players and turned into a business run my a director?

P.s

the quote and this post was originaly posted in the TNU related thread in the Chosin forum witch was so conviently cleaned up soon after.

Renix ]
Had we been made aware then, we would have made the same decision. This is not a personal attack on TNU this is purley a business decision in the best interests of Urgent Fury.

This is not the UF I remember. Its no longer a comunity but a business. Now that I'm on the outside looking in, it looks like UF is being used as a place for advertisements and a place to make a quick buck. It seems to no longer be a a place where a person from this comunity can feel that they can speak freely without fear of being ejected from the tournament. I don't blame people for not wanting to speak out, they have put a lot of time and effort into being here and playing in this tac map tourney. UF has gone from being a likeable baby, to a geedy corupt child and if it doesnt get its act together soon the only thing thats going to be left when its grown up is a 40 year old virgin thats still living in his moms basement, when they could have been that guy that got the girl and was the one that everyone liked.

I'm saying all this because I feel no vaild points are being made against TNU, it was extreamly unfair to boot them out when none of thier tourneys are conflicting with yours right now, as they also stated they would not be around after Chosin has concluded. Therefore they would not be a conflict of interest in the future but healthy compition. It seems that the admins here do not have much faith in this comunity. It just seems from my point of view that you guys were looking for a way to get rid of a these guys for a while and unfortunatly you had to make up a rule to kicl them out. Great job. I'm sure there would have at least been a pull in the leaders section in the past where they would have got a fair chance in staying. (Didnt we have some council in the past made of players for this type of situation?)

When did this place stop being a comunity run by the players and turned into a business run my a director?

P.s

the quote and this post was originaly posted in the TNU related thread in the Chosin forum witch was so conviently cleaned up soon after.

I don't know where you have been for the last 4 years but this was NOT a place run by the players at anytime. Furthermore, you could NOT speak your mind freely here without fear of retribution before. It may be nice to write revisionist history to suit your needs but that doesn't make it true.(Let's not forget that TNU was kicked out by the previous admins for the same exact thing or did you forget that too)

The admins of this site are definitely more genuine then the previous. Are they trying to generate revenue? Of course they are, they're trying to expand UF and it's offering. You can't do that without bringing some entrepreneur spirit into this organization. I have no doubt that once they can establish a base revenue stream that we will start to see the fruits of that income in the product they offer.

While you and others may disagree with the choice they made to ban TNU and/or even the way they carried that action out, it was their first time dealing with a problem of this nature here. Was it controversial? Sure it was, I voiced my concern about it as well so I'm not on either side. TNU may have been doing something to hurt UF, if so some action should have been taken, the when, where and how is another story all together. At any rate I just couldn't let you mischaracterize what this place was and is now. As competitive gamers we're light years ahead from where we were before the new admins took over this site.

I shockingly have to concur with Covert. Whomever wrote that UF was a "free" place before the admin change is a fool. The previous admin ejected anyone that said 2 words contrary to their word or whatever propaganda they wanted to push. This new regime has done a much better job of listening to the community and accepting that people may criticize in order to better the community.

That being said, I would like to strongly warn them that this path is a slippery slope. I believe this decision is wrong, if for nothing else than by revisiting history. Chaos Tactics, ran by TNU, was never really a threat to UF. CT provided another outlet other than GB for clans to participate during downtimes or even if they could handle multiple tournaments. Thats it. There is even a difference between then and now...and that goes back to the regime change. Previously, there were many clans that participated in CT expressly because the admin back then was a joke. All the better clans were ousted for one BS reason or another when they got "too powerful" unless they remained firmly "in-hand". The competition became banal in a lot of the later tac maps after UF2. This past year, I've witnessed a few of those elite clans make their way back to UF and the esteem of the competition begins to rise. So my point being this: w/out the old dictators getting their little egos hurt, the good clans will stay here to compete.

Another point may be the fact that other sites utilize the "tac map" theme. Come on. The idea was stolen from a board game, for christ's sake. No one holds the rights. Even the 80's movie Dune is credited with being one of, if not the first, to explore this game style. So what if a clan wants to be enterprising on its own? Fledgling tournaments don't often last long, especially compared to the longevity this behemoth called Urgent Fury. So are you really worried that a couple clans will do both tournaments? Do you not have confidence in your product that you think people will go elsewhere to get their fix?

Come on guys...don't repeat the mistakes of the past. UF finally has a name not stained in the mud of schemers and egotistical idiots. Don't slide down this slope.

• Directors

I'm going to toss a few things out here.

First, no one was ejected for speaking their mind. Hell, look at the majority of TNU membership's posts in the past three days. If that was the fact, they would have been banned.

Second, its costs a crapload to put together any new content on this site. Here is a fun fact: if we were to do everything we want to do in the year 2010 for all of you, it would cost $225,000. Thats right folks, our 'dream' operating budget for 2010 could cost upwards of $200k. Right now, we are going with a more reasonable operating budget of $60,000. So, are the ads really that much of a problem?

I'll be the first to say we have NO ISSUE with teams playing in multiple communities. If you can do it, I admire you, because Urgent Fury competitions can really put some stress on teams.

I'll rehash this again, since it still seems missed by some people. TNU was ejected for 2 reasons. First, one leader was piloting the return of a site known for stealing rulesets and ideas from Urgent Fury. This other site, mind you, was laid out differently and not so innocently as it now seems until we went public with the Urgent Fury community. And second, another leader was attempting to farm clans to that site. Its as simple as that.

John ]

I'm going to toss a few things out here.

First, no one was ejected for speaking their mind. Hell, look at the majority of TNU membership's posts in the past three days. If that was the fact, they would have been banned.

Second, its costs a crapload to put together any new content on this site. Here is a fun fact: if we were to do everything we want to do in the year 2010 for all of you, it would cost $225,000. Thats right folks, our 'dream' operating budget for 2010 could cost upwards of $200k. Right now, we are going with a more reasonable operating budget of $60,000. So, are the ads really that much of a problem?

I'll be the first to say we have NO ISSUE with teams playing in multiple communities. If you can do it, I admire you, because Urgent Fury competitions can really put some stress on teams.

I'll rehash this again, since it still seems missed by some people. TNU was ejected for 2 reasons. First, one leader was piloting the return of a site known for stealing rulesets and ideas from Urgent Fury. This other site, mind you, was laid out differently and not so innocently as it now seems until we went public with the Urgent Fury community. And second, another leader was attempting to farm clans to that site. Its as simple as that.

I'm with you until we get to the part I highlighted in red. CT was a joke and is a joke, UF and the admins had nothing to worry about whatsoever. It's like the United States being fearful of an impoverished nation when everyone knows that without any effort they could be annihilated from the face of the earth. However, as the admins of Urgent Fury you are the Law and you are Enforcers of said "laws" within this community. Which means that you CAN make whatever decisions you so wish, the consequences of those decisions will be the proof of how good they actually were. The issue here is that if anyone uses brute force as a means of resolution they must be 100% certain that said action was absolutely necessary. Otherwise it will not stand up to public scrutiny and I believe that is the problem that we're all seeing before us now.

Up until now I have not said where I stand(although I'm sure some could deduce that) other than to a UF admin that solicited me this week. In my opinion no TEAM should be ejected from an event that is underway UNLESS they break a rule that applies to that specific event. If someone within that TEAM was to break a "community" rule they should be dealt with on an individual basis. But to eject an entire team during an event for something unrelated to that event will almost certainly always be met with uprising. Furthermore, it taints the entire event, the winners and the administration. Once the event is completed if it is deemed necessary the admins should have a discussion with the leaders of said TEAM and if things cannot be resolved then make the tough decision. What this does is avoid tainting an entire event, it avoids the portrayal of admins that are on the warpath and/or possibly making decisions because their own clan could benefit from said decisions.(I believe this should be a rule in UF, posted for all to see and to be upheld by the admins)

To be clear I am not a moderate, I DO NOT make compromises and so I would never advise someone to do anything even close to that. However, I do believe in practical decisions, rationale and facts when trying to solve problems. There was a better way to handle this, what will distinguish the current UF administration from the previous is whether or not they will understand and learn from the events that transpired.