What's wrong with this picture...?

Look at the image below and read the caption and tell me if you see anything wrong (besides the fact that Hillary Clinton is in the picture...lol)

harkin_steak_fry_08.jpg

Respect

Senator Barack Obama, Governor Bill Richardson, Senator Hillary Clinton and Ruth Harkin stand during the national anthem.

Source: Time.com

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1662530_1446035,00.html

--------------------------

Yes, this is a straight up political thread but people need to see this. These are the people running for the highest office in our nation, the President of the United States of America.

If you don't know what's wrong in the picture then shame on you! Maybe this article will help:

NewsBusters

Food for thought:

Why do you put your hand over your heart during the pledge? (DON'T GO LOOKING IT UP! Think about it before you research it.) Can you honestly say you know WHY you do that? Because someone told you to? Because everyone else is?

My 2 cents is that if you don't really even know WHY you are doing it or the meaning behind it, then why do it? Are empty gestures any better than no gesture? Not as far as I can tell.

HippieChik ]

Food for thought:

Why do you put your hand over your heart during the pledge?  (DON'T GO LOOKING IT UP!  Think about it before you research it.)  Can you honestly say you know WHY you do that?  Because someone told you to?  Because everyone else is?

My 2 cents is that if you don't really even know WHY you are doing it or the meaning behind it, then why do it?  Are empty gestures any better than no gesture?  Not as far as I can tell.

dun dun dun

HippieChik ]

Food for thought:

Why do you put your hand over your heart during the pledge?  (DON'T GO LOOKING IT UP!  Think about it before you research it.)  Can you honestly say you know WHY you do that?  Because someone told you to?  Because everyone else is?

My 2 cents is that if you don't really even know WHY you are doing it or the meaning behind it, then why do it?  Are empty gestures any better than no gesture?  Not as far as I can tell.

Hippie this country is built on traditions and pride for those traditions. Just like upholding the constitution that no one seems to care about anymore. We cover our heart or, take our hat off, for the national anthem. It may not be important to some people but it is something to show respect to the people that went before us all and fought for our freedom. If that isn't important to some people then shame on them.

Undertow ]

I could care less about a hand over a heart.

As long as he has respect and reverence for the flag and this country, he's fine.

It's those that lead and do NOT have respect and reverence that I'd be more concerned about.

That's EXACTLY the point, he DOESN'T have respect for the flag.

During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. -- United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10, Sec. 171

Red0ctobeR ]

Hippie this country is built on traditions and pride for those traditions. Just like upholding the constitution that no one seems to care about anymore. We cover our heart or, take our hat off, for the national anthem. It may not be important to some people but it is something to show respect to the people that went before us all and fought for our freedom. If that isn't important to some people then shame on them.

Exactly.

The flag behind them was not the only flag there. The place was surrounded with flags. Hillary Osama and Harkin are looking at the band. Only Richardson is looking directly at a flag. Only Richardson has a flag pin lapel in the right place.

I met Richardson this year at a political fund raiser... Last election, I voted republican :( but this guy made some good points and actually made sense. Just the fact that he's the only one secure enough to wear blue jeans to the event is good enough for me!! LOL. Bill R. get's my vote for the democratic nominee. Of course more than likely Bush has already devised a scheme to get us in yet another war right before the election canceling the whole process and extending his term. ??? :(

As for the last pic Hippe the guys in the back aren't saluting the flag they are checking the heat they are packing... ready to put a slug in any reporter that gets out of line. As for Bush well, when he has HEART burn that's where it hurts so of course his reckoning is that where his heart is!! LOL

Its a respect for our country and our flag. There were people who got captured in all the wars who stole their captures material and made US Flags to keep their hopes up. It is not only an American Icon, it is something that other countries look at and wish they had. By the way, these captures got tortured beyond all recognition for doing this but they had to show their lower ranked captures that they would prevail. The American Flag stands for so much more than people realize and the President should respect it more than we do. Even when I'm not in uniform, I do not put my hand over my heart, I salute, because that is showing the utmost respect toward my flag.

Sav