I only went on quickly to test the guns and change our clan's faction to the Dutch overall. The 417 the Dutch get is NASTY. Very powerful, very accurate, but only a 20 round clip. SPAS-15 is a faster shooting M4-90 basically. It's single fire only. The 9MM Sub is weak. Haven't tried the AK-74. The SR-25 is my love. The M82 is not bad.

BacklasH ]

I only went on quickly to test the guns and change our clan's faction to the Dutch overall. The 417 the Dutch get is NASTY. Very powerful, very accurate, but only a 20 round clip. SPAS-15 is a faster shooting M4-90 basically. It's single fire only. The 9MM Sub is weak. Haven't tried the AK-74. The SR-25 is my love. The M82 is not bad.

The SR-25 is arguably the best sniper rifle in the game now. With a 10 round clip and boasting suppressor with all scope attachments including the thermal when it's released: how can one not be in love with this beast! It drops any opponent with one shot up to and including medium armor! 8)

The M821A1 is not as snazzy IMO as it's loud as hell and not as accurate as I thought it would be.

i can't stop lagging hardcore, my framerate is like 5 i swear to god whenever i move my framerate just crashes, i turned off the refresh rate completely, even went to 720p....nothing. Also i have lagged out 9 times with in the last hour and a half of playing.

Also i could swear to god they toned down the power and accuracy of the FAMAS, i didn't get a single kill with it in the hour and a half i played.

And they most definitely changed how fast you look on the highest sensitivity settings, i feel like my guy is constantly stunned.

I never had a problem with SOCOM 1.5, ya there were SOME things, but overall i loved playing. Now the night maps are literally solid black( brightness adjustment doesn't effect it). Idk right now im kinda sad, i really had nothing to complain about with SOCOM 1.5. W/e, i really have no choice as clan leader but to bite the bullet and play.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Xanthe ]

Night maps should be dark... is that not reason for the night vision goggles? Just a thought...

yes, i realize their shooting for "realism" but i can literally only see blue squares without nightvision, and then even with nightvision i can barely see the building outside of the merc spawn (L roof) form the spawn. If i want realism I'll go paintballing or something. the reason they made it so dark is so that people buy the DLC for the thermal scope.

Xanthe ]

Night maps should be dark... is that not reason for the night vision goggles? Just a thought...

yes, i realize their shooting for "realism" but i can literally only see blue squares without nightvision, and then even with nightvision i can barely see the building outside of the merc spawn (L roof) form the spawn. If i want realism I'll go paintballing or something. the reason they made it so dark is so that people buy the DLC for the thermal scope.

Wow... yeah I don't have that problem, maybe you should look into upgrading your tv or the settings at least.

Sal0713 ]

So did 1.6 make the game better or worse?

From what I've seen in three maps, the patch improved all around gameplay. So far the only thing that is jacked is the night maps. But like said earlier, I'll get used to it, and it is better in the big picture. Now people can't camp a mile away in a night map looking at control points or the bomb or anythign else. Well at least not until the thermal. LOL.

Nemesis ]

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I hear there's only one Demo in some servers. Anyone else notice this? Is it true?

Nah, I'm sure there was only one because there wasn't any players. So far every one I've been into has more than one.

EDIT: Ok, I lied. My bad. I just ran into my first two servers that only have one Demo. :-[ Hopefully it's only temporary.

The 9mil sub just seems weak.

The m82 sounds like a air gun but is powerful.

I like the ak-74 it's pretty strong but the recoil is a bit wild even with a grip.

The SR is awesome I haven't tried it with a silencer.

The Italian shotgun is a faster and less recoil m4.

I love the 417 its slow and dangerously deadly it kills with no effort...

hitman198309 ]

Only problem I have had so far is the night maps. I can't see anything on them. I would use night vision but that is only available in over the shoulder view (which I can't stand BTW). Other than that I think the overall gameplay is much better.

It makes it worse...

Btw i have a sony Bravia 1080p 120 hz, but i just think i figured it out. In the XMB turn the full white option off in display. then go into the game and change the brightness made a worlds difference for me.

And maybe i was a little hard on the patch earlier, i was just so pissed off (i froze 18 times in 1.5 hours of gamplay just ask JoeFriday, he saw I HAVE PROOF LOL)

but anyway imo AK-74 is going to be the new noob complaining gun, i mean it just OWNS, i am a FAMAS fanboy, and i tried the AK-74 one time and fell in love with it........the accuracy.......the power........the ownage

also the 9mm UZI....LOVE IT..deady accurate, even at long range (< way to accurate at long range but whos complaining)

417 is Ehhh, just a m14 with more damage and slower fire rate imo.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Sal0713 ]

So did 1.6 make the game better or worse?

From what I've seen in three maps, the patch improved all around gameplay. So far the only thing that is jacked is the night maps. But like said earlier, I'll get used to it, and it is better in the big picture. Now people can't camp a mile away in a night map looking at control points or the bomb or anythign else. Well at least not until the thermal. LOL.

Nemesis ]

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I hear there's only one Demo in some servers. Anyone else notice this? Is it true?

Nah, I'm sure there was only one because there wasn't any players. So far every one I've been into has more than one.

EDIT: Ok, I lied. My bad. I just ran into my first two servers that only have one Demo. :-[ Hopefully it's only temporary.

exactly my problem with /6 though, it's lie how much more obvious can you be with your marketing

Covert-OPs_ ]

Would anyone here say that the game now plays like Socom 2?

Covert, It's definitely closer to SII now. I would know as I still play SII at least twice a month. LOL ;)

I think it runs smoother now. The grenades slide about 6 ft further now... a little more realistic IMO. Their radius seems a bit wider also. And they seem to have got rid of the invisible protection on the bomb sites from grenades. Overall, pretty psyched about the DLC next week. Might actually start playing again.

IRISH BULL ]

I haven't been able to try it out yet, but there is some complaint of the prone view now on SOCOM.com?

Yeah, something about not being able to look down stairs if you are prone now. Personally I don't care. I'll gladly take that "probelm" considering the game really does play completely different. I mean different as far as so many of the little issues are fixed it's like having to re-learn the game. If you log in and still lead for the lag while sniping, you'll miss now! Big firefights don't get laggy and choppy anymore. Reload is smoother, your character doesn't get stuck on a 5 inch curb anymore.

I played for five hours last night, and I'm satisfied with the patch 100%.

Btw i have a sony Bravia 1080p 120 hz, but i just think i figured it out. In the XMB turn the full white option off in display. then go into the game and change the brightness made a worlds difference for me.

Has anyone tried this yet, to confirm? Not doubting you Kernel, just asking because of all the different setups.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Now people can't camp a mile away in a night map looking at control points or the bomb or anythign else. Well at least not until the thermal. LOL.

Thats assuming they increase the distance viewable for the thermal. More than likely the distance will be the same as with night vision which is less than without night vision.

I played last night for the first time since MW2 came out. Not bad. Not mind blowing or praise worthy either.