Click here to get 6 months Select Satellite Radio for $30 at SiriusXM.com

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

Don't Like the Ads? Upgrade your experience to remove the ads for only $20.00 per year.
Sign in to follow this  

Blue Jays, Phillies and Mariners

Anyone else hear about this trade that might take place?

Halliday in Philly, Lee in Seattle and some top prospects in Toronto!

This will be huge if this goes down!!!

Get 6 months of SiriusXM All Access for only $50

unless Philly is getting at least a prospect or two, I don't understand this for them. Trading Lee for Halladay straight up? I know that Lee is not interested in giving a discount to Philly on an extension, but I would think that an extension for Halladay would be roughly the same as Lee. Lee is younger and doesn't have the injury history that Halladay has and also DOMINATED the NL last year. They must know something that I don't.

I'd rather have Lee if I was Philly for the reasons Meaux stated. Lee was lights out the whole season after the trade and he tore it up in the playoffs. Pitching constantly on short rest. Halladay is injury prone and is unproven in the post season.

Halladay HAS stated that he would accept an extension to Philly for a lower price than what he had originally stated. He's willing to stay in a contender for a lower price, where Lee would ask for more. Whether or not Halladay has postseason experience means nothing. He is easily the greatest pitcher of recent years and the Phillies have wanted him from the moment his name was spoken.

word via mlbtraderumors.com is that it is a 3 yr 60 mill extension with possible vesting option years. Doesn't seem like much of a discount for a pitcher in his age 33 season who has had shoulder issues in the past. It might have taken more years for Lee, but probably not much more in annual $$$.

I believe the Mariners also got Figgins from Anaheim. Mariners are sick of the Angels and A's always winning the division. lol That fine tho cuz my A's still have like 2 more years before all their young guns are ridiculous. But we got our 3rd Rookie of the year in 6 years!!