I was playing some MW2 earlier and ran across a clan where some of their guys had alread got to 10th prestige. so I started looking and noticed that there is a hack to do it. So you can unlock everything and all that good stuff. The downside of it is that when it works you get all the badges and unlocks, and all that, but when you start it you will be at 10th prestige, level 1...

There are other hacks to get to the other prestiges, but anyways heres my question.

What is UF's ruling on this hack?

this is unfortunate yet there is no way to know for sure without proof that any one particular person is cheating. There are a couple in my clan on their 4th or 5th yet its all legit. The game has been out long enough for some to get 10 yet I would bet they are godly at play for sure.

Now the prestige hack I really dont see being an issue, it is all the other hacks like unlimited care packages that are really hard to tell if being used without keeping track of others KDR's while playing the game yourself.

just my .02

Fluid__ ]

I personally don't see it helping much. You get a couple more class slots and obviously all of the guns. Not sure what else you get if anything and even though I personally have prestiged I I still find myself using the scar and vector.

I use the ACR and Scar more than anything...so I agree with ya on that one.

It doesnt help you at all, you start at level 1 so you dont have any guns but the default classes and that means your at a weaker advantage to people that havent prestige. Only thing youd have is ten classes, a symbol and a few more titles. Who cares if they do it or not, it just means there not willing to work for it. It is possible to reach 10th prestige, theres a few people on my friends list that have done it but have put in ungodly amounts of time into that game to reach it. Using this "hack" gives no advantage to the user so I dont see the big deal besides simply the principal of, "you're still using a hack". Take it as you see it until the Directors give their ruling.

USCG_sierra179 ]

It doesnt help you at all, you start at level 1 so you dont have any guns but the default classes and that means your at a weaker advantage to people that havent prestige. Only thing youd have is ten classes, a symbol and a few more titles. Who cares if they do it or not, it just means there not willing to work for it. It is possible to reach 10th prestige, theres a few people on my friends list that have done it but have put in ungodly amounts of time into that game to reach it. Using this "hack" gives no advantage to the user so I dont see the big deal besides simply the principal of, "you're still using a hack". Take it as you see it until the Directors give their ruling.

i agree with you. couldnt have said it better.

-Rooster- ]

I personally think that someone having 10 classes to choose from is a HUGE advantage and I really think it should be earned.

Time played does not lie. I really hope noone here a UF manipulates this. It is a glitch and not tolerated here.

I agree. I have 2 classes set up for my favorite guns. Pretty much a S&D class and a regular map class. Then I have one for taking down aircraft. Having all ten classes wold be huge. Each map I like to use certain weapons as it fits my gaming style. I can see for some this isnt a issue but it can help.

I also hate cheaters no matter what. No honor is cheating what so ever.

CDBS14 ]
USCG_sierra179 ]

i agree with you. couldnt have said it better.

ofcourse you agree! ;)

now.. i really think it's a hack just like any other game..it's a cheat guys..and a huge one involving dloading files from pc and replacing them in your ps3.. also the'res no way you could be 10th prestige by now.. the most i've seen is 6..i mean it takes a damn while.. i've played for 4 dayse and im still on 1st prestige..and i know there are betters players outy there that maybe play S&D os some game mode that gives a lot of XP but still.

i wonder what IW would do about this.. i mean they've already banned people for the javelin glitch and others.. soo this one is pretty damn obvious.. i see many players with 2-3 days played and 10th prestige already.

I agree with everyhing you just said except not bein able to each 10th legitly. I know two guys personally that have reached it glitch and hack free. Just takes a good player and alot of time.

cheating is cheating. Anything you do that is not meant to happen is cheating. Its as plain and simple as taht. Anyone caught doing it in my clan will be banned for life. Anyone i see on the PS3 will be reported to activision. I play SnD, so i have plenty of time to write down names, when im dead :police:

and your clan is who???

o-Marlne-o ]

cheating is cheating. Anything you do that is not meant to happen is cheating. Its as plain and simple as taht. Anyone caught doing it in my clan will be banned for life. Anyone i see on the PS3 will be reported to activision. I play SnD, so i have plenty of time to write down names, when im dead :police:

and your clan is who???

www.psarmy.com. You going to join :P

RMYgeneral ]
o-Marlne-o ]

and your clan is who???

www.psarmy.com. You going to join :P

LOL.. who knows man .. he might actually surprise you soon..

im sorry marine LOL

i love my classes, i use all of them. every single one, and i need more, it saves me from having to switch. i got my s&d, hd s&d, team deathmatch, heavy machine gun, sniper, s&d sniper, and others that use different guns or attachments. gotta have my classes!. but no actual logical advantage is there. but still a glitch, and glitches are for men with small penisisisis's.. :police:

• Directors

The argument for advantage or no advantage to 10 classes is a valid but small part of the consideration by UF. What the issue to consider is that the user has willfully engaged in a form of cheating. Confirmed by Sony, there is no account hacking going on where people are suddenly account hacked and log in to find they were mysteriously prestiged to level 10.

UF is currently researching what the acceptable formula is for a legitimate level up vs a hacked jump based on score/time played/ K-D, etc. If we find the totals we need and apply them to suspicious UF member accounts and they do not balance, that member will be banned from UF play indefinitely. Based on how the situation is handed by the clan, that clan may find themselves suspended.

Cheating is cheating no matter the level it affects the gameplay.

John ]

The argument for advantage or no advantage to 10 classes is a valid but small part of the consideration by UF. What the issue to consider is that the user has willfully engaged in a form of cheating. Confirmed by Sony, there is no account hacking going on where people are suddenly account hacked and log in to find they were mysteriously prestiged to level 10.

UF is currently researching what the acceptable formula is for a legitimate level up vs a hacked jump based on score/time played/ K-D, etc. If we find the totals we need and apply them to suspicious UF member accounts and they do not balance, that member will be banned from UF play indefinitely. Based on how the situation is handed by the clan, that clan may find themselves suspended.

Amen to that.

John ]

I couldnt agree more, I cant believe there are members of this community that find this practice acceptable. Do you forget the UF motto "Win with Honor, Lose with Dignity". How "HONORABLE" is it to hack your PS3 so you have ten create a classes and all weapons availible to you with out doing the work to earn them. I have 8 days in on COD and am halfway through my 3rd prestige. Its almost humorous when you see these tenth level prestiges come in a room and they suck, get owned and leave. If you actually put that much time into a game and played it long enough to get to that point you would be good just based off of the amount of play time. Think about what you are arguing here guys, your defending a "glitch"/"hack" of a game that UF will be supporting. Not the wisest decision.

o-Marlne-o ]

and your clan is who???

He is part of a new clan that put their app in for Boot Camp, and I must say I commend him for being new and posting his thoughts in a way that are in line with UF standards. Kudos to you.