PoW was UF4. It consisted of the same elements as every other tacmap, however, if a clan was swept during a war (meaning 3-0, 6-0, etc.), the winning clan was able to take one or two of the losing clans players and put them in a PoW camp (pending they HAD a camp as a territory). By putting them in a camp, they were essentially knocked out of the tournament, unless the territory was captured by another, which let the NEW owning clan make a choice of who they would want to free from the camp.

In simple terms:

Team A vs. Team B

B wins 6-0.

B takes PLAYER and puts them in Camp.

PLAYER is ineligible to play for the remainder of the tacmap.

Team C takes Camp from Team B.

Team C chooses if they want to free PLAYER or not. (Usually not)

It was a good concept... at first. I was taken POW the first match in the first week of the entire tournament. I was never freed.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

PoW was UF4. It consisted of the same elements as every other tacmap, however, if a clan was swept during a war (meaning 3-0, 6-0, etc.), the winning clan was able to take one or two of the losing clans players and put them in a PoW camp (pending they HAD a camp as a territory). By putting them in a camp, they were essentially knocked out of the tournament, unless the territory was captured by another, which let the NEW owning clan make a choice of who they would want to free from the camp.

In simple terms:

Team A vs. Team B

B wins 6-0.

B takes PLAYER and puts them in Camp.

PLAYER is ineligible to play for the remainder of the tacmap.

Team C takes Camp from Team B.

Team C chooses if they want to free PLAYER or not. (Usually not)

It was a good concept... at first. I was taken POW the first match in the first week of the entire tournament. I was never freed.

You didn't get to play in one more match the entire tacmap!? If so that is ridiculous.

NO there was OTHER ways for the POW's to free themselves.

The Prisoner's could try to 'escape', but they were required to get together and plan it (in other words, a bunch of dudes from different clans.....) and I think they could only use pistols..? while the captors could only send X number of guys against them, ALL the POW's could war, and USUALLY POW's consisted of the top gunners, so it was a very intriguing concept.

which one was it where you had a spy and the spy (member form other team) tried to TK everyone right at the initial spawn? I believe they could only use shotguns unless they picked up a dead mans gun. Was pretty darn fun.

I wasn't involved in the repping and just played the wars thus my lack of knowledge. I do remember it being a tac map for CoD4 though.

Tool_Minion ]

The Prisoner's could try to 'escape', but they were required to get together and plan it (in other words, a bunch of dudes from different clans.....) and I think they could only use pistols..? while the captors could only send X number of guys against them, ALL the POW's could war, and USUALLY POW's consisted of the top gunners, so it was a very intriguing concept.

I completely forgot about that one... then again, I never had the chance to do something like that so I don't remember it ever happening it in the tournament

Fluid__ ]
Tool_Minion ]

that's whack a mole, and I think that started in the POW tourney.

yeah thats is. Was way fun until my old clan leaders decided to be total douches, thus my departure.

Whack-a-mole is WAAAY funner on MW than on Socom. Since you get penalized for tk'ing, you actually had to use strategy and couldn't just try to take out everyone in the beginning, becuase then you'd be out for the rest of the round. I loved being the mole on MW.

Tool_Minion ]

That doesn't sound too horrible, as long as there is balance there. I just don't like having an event that hurts teams of skill with gimmicks.